main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Given the wide range of possibilities currently open, I actually wouldn't mind that so much.

2. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Then explain this in the show. Don't leave this as a "possibility" that needs read into. There's no accountability *IN-SHOW* that shows any form of strategy or thought planning as far as the war is concerned - on either end; Republic/Sep, or even out of universe it seems. Its just "throw a dart at the map, ok, it hit Tatooine, this episode has - *throws second dart at the board* the Republic invading Tatooine".

Also, as for the episode: So you just launch an attack on a planet. Literally just launched it. And then a bomb goes off at your Temple HQ, who do you ask for? The Chosen One you just sent to lead you in this attack and his padawan, that makes sense. Just pull them in the middle of a battlezone.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That's because in a war spanning thousands of worlds fought by quintillions of droids and troopers, with thousands and thousands of Jedi, there are in fact only two Jedi able to spare half an hour to put out a fire. :p

Esg, TheRedBlade and Random Comments like this.
  4. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Sadly thats what the show would lead you to think/believe. That they need to use a recently knighted Jedi and his <16 year old Padawan to act CSI despite no training in it. Then a week from now, they'll need them to act as diplomats... despite no training. Then they need them to act as negotiators of two alien species neither of which knows the language to.... and.... then.... and then..... and then....

Another thing: Buzz droids.
    Anakin remarked in the episode, "these droids are starting to get really annoying" obviously about the buzz droids in particular. Is this the first main depiction of them (at least vs. Anakin) in TCW?

I just find the reference funny if this is the first, and then only ROTS is the second, so if he should be making that kind of joke - it should be in ROTS not now. But then again, this is TCW so backwards logic ftw.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The best thing to do when the show does this is think "of a writng crew run by disorganised hippies" :p

6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think the TF battleships are the only interesting ships in the ROTS spacebattle.
    It is a nice nod to TPM.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm. You know I agree with this now, although I didn't when ROTS was first released in theaters.

When ROTS originally aired we knew very little about all of those new starships. They were alien and potentially terrifying during that mechanical onslaught in the first few scenes.

But then we learned they were all driven by a bunch of asinine droid comedians.

At least when I see the TF battleships I can recall how relentlessly unemoitonal they were when they had attacked Naboo. The other ships in ROTS... not so much.

8. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    At this point, I'm feeling like continuity be damned... I want a Rebellion sequel to TCW. Maybe, if Disney is smart, they'll do it. Since they want to do young Han and Boba movies... why not a Rebellion cartoon? Adapt some Marvel stories, Empire and Rebellion stories. I want to see Able on missions with Luke, Leia and Han. I want plenty of Wedge and the Rogues. I want to see that sweet black Rebel commando armor. And X-Wings vs TIEs. Oh yes.

There's not really any reason to nix continuity even... and they could start with the evac of Yavin IV.... but take however many different tellings of that there is and make one coherent, final, retcon of it.

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Speaking for myself I agree, there is an 18 year gap, charting the rise of the Rebellion and tell the story of it's early battles and the ANH scrawl of winning its FIRST VICTORY against the Empire.
    The rise of Darth Vader. No one knows who he is yet he becomes the most feared man in the galaxy, again another story there.

TBH a spin-offs about a glorified plot device who went out like a punk simply because he is popular with the fan boys and with Han when it seems rather unesccary and not least risky considering whoever takes the role is gonna be compared with Harrison Ford leave me a little cold.

10. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    That's the thing, I definitely want more Han, Luke and Leia... but I want it in the Rebellion era. I'd love to see a Rebellion series done... but it would have to open with the Big 3 in it and maybe do a more jumbled timeline deal like TCW did the first couple seasons. That way we could get Empire arcs like Darklighter adapted. I'd love an expanded role for Able though, he can be the Rex of Rebellion.

I'm totally disinterested in a young Han movie. Especially because it's unlikely to follow the story as already laid out in the EU. Which probably means bye-bye EU. I don't think a Han or Boba movie bodes at all well for the EU. And that irks me to no end. A Rebellion cartoon series, animated like TCW, could work with the established continuity and maybe make that era make a bit more sense given the preponderance of stories set between ANH and ESB between Marvel and other stuff.

Besides, I want to see X-Wings back on store shelves.

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  12. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I liked seeing Cin Drallig in there.

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    We haven't seen Yularen in a long time. I rather like the character, so it will be good to see the admiral again.

--Adm. Nick

Mia Mesharad and fistofan1 like this.
  14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They're also the only place in the battle where you can see laser fire hitting a ship's deflector shields!

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    From the trivia gallery:
    I was wondering about that. I suppose that does make sense, though that is some awkward phrasing....I can't help but wonder if it was a Zero Wing reference.

16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    IN A LONG TIME AGO GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

CLONE WAR WAS BEGINNING.

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    That... actually DOES make sense. Pretty brilliant, actually. The first thought one comes to mind would not be "someone turned him into a bomb". We tend to forget that since we're the audience, but in reality it did give Anakin a reaction upon which he could further press.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I definitely thought the phrasing was intentional.

Episode was mostly pretty dull. The Cato Neimoidia stuff was thoroughly confusing, but Nick said it better than I could've. I will say that I'm sad that we left the planet so quickly though, b/c I'd have liked to see more hilarious Neimoidian paintings. Alas.

The BTS confirms that this was the first time we see the Actis in the show -- thought as much. I don't recall seeing Yularen this episode, but perhaps he's going to show up soon. I like his updated model -- grey hair is so much more dignified.

The holographic protestors were a nice touch. Of course, by the time of the Galactic Civil War, painted on signs were once again in vogue...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gorefiend, JackG, GGrievous and 2 others like this.
  19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ....Jello, do you play the Rebel side so you can deliberately run them into the ground and make all their planets revolt?

Ulicus , Gorefiend, JackG and 4 others like this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...hm I've actually never thought of that. Time to play Rebellion some more!

:p

Ulicus , Gorefiend, Zeta1127 and 2 others like this.
  21. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Which game is that?

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Rebellion. :p

23. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I wasn't aware Jello made a habit of purchasing Rebel propaganda.

24. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Obviously he's making a financial sacrifice to keep that seditious trash away from malleable Imperial youth.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    How does one not know Star Wars: Rebellion? :p