main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    IT WORKS!

Dawud786 and Random Comments like this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This was why I used the Death Star in that game. Not as a tool of tyranny -- oh no -- but to correct clearly aberrant planetary locations! In the case of Bilbringi, I did it a favor -- not only was it incorrectly placed in the "Farfin" Sector, but it looked like a normal planet!

3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Please tell me you spared Agrilat...

4. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    I always liked blowing up the planets except those that were actually destroyed, ala Carida.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Once, the Rebels had managed to capture Coruscant and I was losing badly so I sent in the Death Star to destroy Coruscant.

....what? I was young!

6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I seem to remember destroying Carida once specifically because it was canon.

Random Comments likes this.
  7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    On Empire at War if I was playing as the Imperials I would get the Death Star and transform the Outer Rim worlds into a giant asteroid field around the Core Worlds, as I couldn't be bothered maintaining bases on worlds I'd captured from the Rebels.

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    So, do I still need to draw the Fry Signal or what? :p

Gorefiend likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Fine... I'll add it to my to-do list...

Gorefiend likes this.
  11. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Well, the one worked, but it can't hurt to have a backup.

TrakNar likes this.
  12. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    just seen the last episode... wow! wow! wow! i think it's my favorite episode ever. the republic prison, the clones, the memorial, the escape scene, everything screamed Empire. and that last bit straight off the fugitive... awesome. the Anakin and Ahsoka dialogue at the end was great.

and one thing that kept popping up in my mind as i watched Ahsoka escape from the prison was that if we switched Anakin with Vader we would have a Purge tv series. That and the blasters NOT set to stun :p

EDIT: here's the memorial
    [​IMG]

DarthStymi likes this.
  13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah... total Fugitive ripoff... except the movie version was better because there was actually a sense of danger.

Also... were those supposed to be vornskrs???

DarthApprentice, Esg and GGrievous like this.
  14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I dearly hope they don't actually make...

Barris the killer, though it doesn't make much sense that she'll be able to set this up herself. And I will admit, it'd be a hell of a twist. One you'd never see coming if you actually followed continuity... :confused: Still, Palpatne is more than likely pulling the strings if not the killer himself (which means Ashoka won't get declared innocent if true), but even hiding this one is mighty impressive as he'd have to not only change 'every' recording featuring a dead clone, but probably get Tarkin to look the other way. Tarkin would need to possibly realize his identity for that to work, which I also admit is not impossible. Whoever killed Letta knows force choke. Surprised to see anyone who's not Anakin using it.

15. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Massiffs. Straight out of AOTC.

16. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Alternatively, I forgot that Ventress is involved in this arc. Who knows. Sids may have hired her directly to set this up. I mean hey, if she's not dead (And I'm sure he knows this by now) why not make use of her?

Or it could always be Maul... ;)

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Barriss' punishment: Get blown up via AT-TE laser cannon.

fistofan1 and HEDGESMFG like this.
  18. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    There is quite a large difference between ripoff and homage. The scene was clearly a homage and fitting since The Fugitive scene involved Harrison Ford. Whether you liked TCW homage is of course totally subjective and your prerogative. I thought it was pretty effective for different reasons it was effective in The Fugitive (and com one, did you really think Harrison Ford's character was in any danger in that scene, which occurred fairly early in the movie?).

But Star Wars has always been very intentionally and consistently ripe with homages and pastiche.

Darth_SHOT likes this.
  19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Fixed :)

20. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    I also just noticed that someone decided to take Leland's statement at face value (not that I suppose it doesn't leave much room for it) and decanonize Ventress' entire involvement in Obsession in the wook. I think that's taking it too far, but I guess that's the closest thing we have to an official stance on the matter now...

Unfortunately, removing Ventress from that story removes most of the story itself (not all of which is said to NOT happen either). So now what, does Anakin randomly kill Durge because he just walked up to them and spit in his coffee or something?:rolleyes:

(Even more oddly, they left the story about her killing Sun Guards untouched. As if that makes any more sense...)

GGrievous likes this.
  21. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes, I thought that was part of the point of the scene. Placement in the film is irrelevant because the characters don't know they're in a film. As seen in AOTC Jedi do this kind of thing all the time and Force-user Ahsoka had a shorter drop to deal with.

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    DarthStymi Even though SW does have a history of that, I think TCW far exceeds the inspirations and homages that Lucas had written. If you want to see a TCW episode nowadays, expect to see some sort of taken plotline or obvious homages from another story. Hell, TCW even drags homages from the SW films. I am always under the impression that they are not comfortable with their own ability to write a story or they are just incompetent hacks.

Arawn_Fenn Anakin too? :p

Esg likes this.
  23. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    That is your interpretation of The Fugitive scene, and you are entitled to it, despite that if you had seen even one preview, you knew Harrison's character had much more to contribute to the movie...plus Harrison was the star of the movie. But never mind that.

We knew Ahoka would live. I don't think the intention was that should not survive that jump. Plus we have seen previews released by TCW that show her in scenes after that event. The scene, clearly, in my opinion, served another purpose then. It was a symbolic fall and break from her master and possibly her life as a Jedi, among other things.

24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Again, that's irrelevant because the characters in the scene don't know they're in a movie and certainly haven't seen previews for the movie they don't know they're in.

GGrievous likes this.
  25. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Well that is another issue than I was arguing altogether. But you are in agreement with me that is was a clear homage, not a ripoff.

And I don't see why TCW would not "drag homages from the SW films." The SW films "dragged" homages from other SW films.

Although I disagree with you and think there is plenty of really great TCW stories in their own right. But that is also opinion, so I won't attempt to change yours. We might as well argue religion or politics.