Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.
I'm sure I don't know what you mean by that.
Allow me to jog your memory:
In the process of searching for that video, I also found this video, which is amazing:
So I 'just' secured my Ticket to SDCC. Going to the Star Wars Lit and Clone Wars panels are now my highest priority. (I will also try to hit up Dark Horse panels at both C2E2 and SDCC if I can.)
Expect me to inquire on when we'll see Oppo Rancisis, Sly Moore, San Hill, and the other Jedi Council members like Strass, Agen, and Coleman Kcaj. (Oh, and if I have time. Maybe if we'll see more of Master Vos.)
And in the Del Ray panels, expect me to hit them with a direct question related to publishing future material and what they know of the EU's fate in regards to episode 7 (that is, if someone doesn't beat me to the punch).
Cool -- have fun!
About Oppo -- they told us like... well over a year ago that he was going to show up and they had his character model done for an episode. But seeing is it took them over two years to finally show the episode with Hondo in the Slave 1 after that was announced in 2010, who knows? At any rate, keep your eyes peeled! Although chances are good you'll see him for .5 seconds as he dies in a trailer.
Secrets hidden inside (Move your mouse to reveal the content)
Secrets hidden inside (open)
Secrets hidden inside (close)
I know that Oppo's model was approved, but Filoni said they didn't use the model yet. I'd like an update on it to confirm that they 'will' use it. Though I suspect the reason we haven't seen him yet is because of the challenge of animating his mighty beard. I do hope we see him fight. A single comic battle (and death) is not enough.
And yes, I know that by him appearing, it could further muddle continuity. Oh well. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll forget to kill him.
Strass and Agen would be cool to see for at least a bit... and we know nothing about Kcaj. Moore really needs to at least make a cameo (we've seen her damn planet, but not her?), and I'd like to see at least an acknowledgment that San Hill and other council members 'exist'.
Oh well, who knows. I'll try to focus on these little things in a 1-2 line question. I only have so much space to get away with it (you know, so the little kid behind me can ask if we'll see Rex and Anakin in Season 6.)
While I'm certain that Ahsoka will be exonerated and survive this arc, I'm also wondering if at the end, Ahsoka will begin to have serious questions/doubts/concerns about the Republic and the Jedi's role in it. I'm not saying she'll defect to the Separatists, but rather she'll leave the Jedi and join those Jedi who declared that they won't support either side. Instead, they will remain neutral and stay out of the conflict.
LOL. Nice. Subtle too. So to be clear, your position is that the scene was a ripoff?
Both of you, cut it out. GGrievous, we know what you think. DarthStymi, we know what you think. Agree to disagree.
Spoilsport. I'd finally got some popcorn, too.
Oddly enough, SFDebris just addressed the topic:
Homage vs Ripoff
I could scarcely care less about whether or not it's a rip off or not. If I wanted to complain about TCW, there are so many other places I could go first.
So, instead, I'll post my thoughts on the episode since I caught it last night. What I liked:
- Symbol porn. We see the Jedi symbol on the Jedi caskets and some of the troopers. We see the Republic eight-spoked wheel on the prison (unlike RF, I think using the Imperial one would have been premature considering we still consistently see the eight-spoked one in ROTS). We see the Galactic Great Seal on the red troopers in the prison. Awesome.
- The Imperial-ish atmosphere of the prison was great. I liked seeing the random officers wearing the Imperial hats, too. I liked the monumental layout, and the whole clone trooper war memorial thing. The line of flags, the great use of space and atmosphere -- all very grand, martial, and imposing. You can see the Empire coming into fruition here. And while I might enjoy Old Republic décor, the Imperial additions are great thematically. Unlike in TOR or other places where we see this aesthetic, it actually SHOULD be here because the OR is actually transitioning into the Empire. You'd think that if Palpatine were instructing his military to dress and act like the old Sith Empire from TOR, the idiot Jedi would finally catch on -- yet another reason why TOR's design choices (speaking of rip offs!!!!!) for the Sith military make me furious. And you can tell I'm furious, see, because I am using a plenitude of punctuation marks.
- Ahsoka losing it. She's a kid, all she's known is war, and it's getting to her. Great. Awesome. Finally she's more than just a mary sue.
- I agree with RF about the red herring. I'm trying to stay away from spoilers though, and I don't want to inadvertedly stray into that territory by debating with anybody who knows how things are going to turn out, so all I'll say is that it'll be a waste of a good Jedi character (one of the few genuinely likable ones!) if she's not a red herring.
- Willy Tarkin is always great to see, and the whole ANH-ish smarmy holding Ahsoka's chin thing was great. He really thinks the Jedi are completely beneath him and almost not worth talking to like real people, which definitely fits his character. I'd wonder perhaps if he'd be a bit more circumspect about showing his contempt for the Jedi, but I guess he has the ear of the Chancellor so he doesn't think it matters.
And that's all that comes to mind for now. Good episode, definitely much better than last week's. I hope we see more of the Imperial transition in episodes and seasons to come. (and where's Yularen?!?)
edit: ew, according to the BTS, Mon Mothma was at the Jedi funeral. Gross.
You can't rip your own series off
@SithStarSlayer pointed out, Palpatine was attending a mass Jedi funeral inside the Jedi Temple itself. Talk about winning. Darth Bane's spirit would've been laughing manically wherever it resides.
@JackG In chaos.
We tried to tell TOR that, but it wouldn't listen.
TCW straight up repeats dialogue from the movies in a manner. Everyone is guilty in some manner here
Admiral Yularen was at the funeral. Standing between Admiral Coburn and Admiral Tarkin. As to Mon Mothma, she was in the back with Bail Organa.
lol, I hope they didn't update his model JUST to have him stand there.
And ew, I could've gone without knowing where Mothma was! But luckily, it looks like there are some nice Republic officers standing behind her wearing Imperial-style hats. Whew.
IGN interview w/ Sam Witwer
Definite mentions of there being more seasons of TCW in the pipeline (if we were still unsure about that?)
Just wrapped Clone Wars Episode Guide. For those who were curious, thanks to the good folks at LFL and DK it will include all of Season 5. Lots to discuss in the last two episodes!
[stupid double post]
Is Borkus on the cover?
Or if the cover is yet to be decided please forward my vote
No, but the deluxe edition includes a case shaped like Borkus's head, and if you punch him in the nose the book emerges on his tongue.
It's like the Jedi Path, except for being a really bad idea.