main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Just saw the Episode and the TCW artists really must have been watching the 1313 trailers a lot.

Other thoughts

Giving Gotals goat voices really was one of the less bright ideas of TCW

Coruscant lower levels really are a dump

Those Guard guys from the trailer amazingly really seem to be regular Police Officers

Ventress is being a tad too trusting

And if the renegade Jedi is not Bariss I will eat my Halloween Tricorne

2. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Yeah, they're setting Bariss up so obviously, kids can see it. And I don't believe TCW would even bother with a red herring.

3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Well, as long as Barriss doesn't end up blatantly dead, who knows what excuse we could have to get her out on the battlefield during Order 66.

On the other hand, at least her death in Republic is only a single panel of the larger Vos story. Fairly disposable compared to Piell or even Adi.

4. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Sadly, thats been the case since the Pantoran episode when the Baron's daughter was kidnapped... one of the Gotal kidnappers had a goat voice. No idea why though....

Yay for variety! :D I mean the suits might be different but I wouldn't be surprised if this is some deep underworld division of the CSF or something like that. I personally quite like the suits... not seen the episode but basing this more from the preview.

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It was also in the Episode III comic. So non

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You think? :p I think I heard levels 1312 and 1315 mentioned...

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    board software, how I hate you

8. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This episode has reignited my disdain for TCW when the last arc actually ignited enthusiasm and interest

Nubbs likes this.
  9. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I was going to withhold my speculation as to who's really responsible, but I guess you've already gone speculating. I have to admit that she seems to be one of the least likely to turn to the dark side. Then again, all the evidence is starting to point to her. Then again, there's always the option of having those brain worms controlling her. I'd rather have that than have another continuity retcon. We have enough of those already.

CeiranHarmony and Esg like this.
  10. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm scared Lit. Filonis out there waiting for us and he ain't no EU fan. All the canon's gonna die

11. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I half expected Jax Pavan to show up in the lower levels and help with her detective work :p

12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I was entertained enough by this episode. Lots of head scratching stuff that doesn't make sense, but thats TCW for you.

13. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Did you... just compare TCW to FFVII? :eek:

If there was an Ignore button, I would right now be adding you to my Ignore List.

14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I haven't seen the Fugitive movie for a few years, but I vaguely remember that one of the good points of that movie was Tommy Lee Jones piecing together things while hunting Harrison Ford, and Ford was tracking down clues too. Yeah, they didn't bother to borrow any of the good parts.

For being one of the toughest opponents of the Clone Wars (since she fought how many Jedi and always got away), Ventress was sure knocked unconscious really easily. So now Ventress is another of Ahsoka's friends? :p Well, gain Ventress, but probably lose Barriss considering Ventress knocked out by what looks like the same character model as Barriss... there goes another character ruined by TCW. Wonder if "run over Reaves books" is on their episode outline somewhere. It could still not be Barriss, its misdirection, but... TCW is not good at subtlety. Unless its subtly ruining EU canon ("I have never been carbon frozen before").

Its a really bad sign when Anakin is the only one who senses something is off. Well, Obi-wan is off-planet, but still. And Ahsoka is really not helping her case, being led around by her nose most of the time. The animation is still impressive, but did they really have to hammer us with how "out of touch" the Jedi are when Ahsoka forgot an emergency stop button in the turbolift? When a five year old literally knows more than her? Its kind of funny, since normally the action heroes have to cut their way out and leap out, when the kid instead just pushes the emergency button, but still. And Ahsoka really isn't good at hiding, since she doesn't bother with keeping the hood up most of the time. They even bothered to add holes in the cloak for her Togruta head to poke out of, unless the person she got it from had those already, but I forget and don't really care. And another random skill Ahsoka knows, she can slice a comm terminal.

I'm reminded a lot of the Commencement arc from the KotOR comic, what with the vaguely similar storylines (Jedi on the run!), but probably better not to mention Commencement again, the difference in quality between these two storylines is not even funny. And looks like they're onto the generic sci-fi trial next time. I know at the beginning they said all the evidence points to Ahsoka, but would be nice to see some more of the evidence or for the Jedi to look into it more, but can't have the Jedi aside from Ahsoka do anything right or intelligent of course. Funny all the references to level 131x, wonder if anyone aside from lit fans will remember the references by the time 1313 comes out.

mnjedi and Mia Mesharad like this.
  15. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    This may sound like blasphemy on this forum, and i am aware that if this new dark jedi is Barriss, that T-canon EU would contradict C-canon EU, making much of her appearances as a jedi in the comics, non-canon,

but

I enjoyed this episode. I really do like this arc.

16. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    And why would Grand Master Ahsoka require help?

Zorrixor, Ulicus and GGrievous like this.
  17. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    To get to the other side?

Also, Jax is awesome, and his appearance would help promote the new book he is the main protagonist of, The Last Jedi, which comes out 2/26 (a.k.a. this Tuesday).

But mostly because I was joking and in no way expected an appearance from Jax.

That being said, a pre-Order 66 appearance of Jax would be awesome and might offer some way to help explain the whole Even Piell death debacle. Jax even has an association connection with Barris Offee, who figures pretty big in this current story arc, which could also be explored...if, of course, the likelihood of this happening wasn't a tongue-in-cheek pipe-dream.

I have been SW fan for a long, long time. And I must ask myself, do I lose any SW fan credits by admitting I have become an Ahsoka fan?

18. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Really, the chance in Barriss' fate will only affect a single appearance in one comic, but as a rule, changing established fates always leaves a bad taste in our mouth here. And it opens up possibilities for even worse contradictions which are yet to come...

Having said that, I too am enjoying these episodes, and will forgive the contradiction (somewhat) if Ashoka's arc actually 'goes somewhere' at the end of this.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Well not really. In Medstar she is a Knight but on TCW she is still a Padawan. So Medstar could be decanonised...
    That being said, I agree with your last sentence.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wassup, Jack. She's still a padawan in MedStar, but Luminara indicates at the end that she'll be knighted. It's also the "first" appearance of Venator star destroyers, but both are fairly easily retconnable.

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    :oops:
    Ah, she becomes a Knight at the end of the novels. To be fair, it's been a while. :p
    Edit: regardless, if she is killed or sentenced the duology is out.

22. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    They can't help it. Like a drunk driver going off road, wrecking the guardrail and killing innocents in a residential area, TCW continues its endless killing spree.

In a sick way, it's kind of entertaining to watch, in a 'Who's gonna get it next?' kind of way.

24. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    TCW does not care who it hurts. TCW can not be reasoned with, and it cannot be stopped. TCW simply is, and will continue to be, until it is the last one left standing.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I feel sorry for Barriss. She's not a favorite character of mine, but this seems really strange that they've picked her.

It's as if they ran out of ideas, wrote a bunch of Jedi names on pieces of paper, put them all in a hat, and randomly picked one.

Filoni: Barriss is the winner! Time to rape some continuity.

CT-867-5309 and instantdeath like this.