Lit Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Skaddix Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yeah if its Barriss then she needed a whole lot of help.
  2. StarWarsFan91 Force Ghost

star 4
    I actually hope Palpatines not behind it. I don't want Barris to be working with the Sith.

The Sith don't have to be connected to all the evil's that happen to the jedi order.
  3. Skaddix Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    True but Palps has the most obvious gains from such a plot. Not to mention how it requires some inside assistance to get into that secure prison
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Or.... Barriss thought Ahsoka was framed, saw her with Ventress, considered that Ahsoka was the actual bomber and went for them.
  5. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    Then why did Barriss run when the clones showed up at the end?
  6. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I haven't seen the episode, but she probably guessed they wouldn't listen to her either. Tarkin's stooges, after all.
  7. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    C'mon guys, this is classic TCW. If their fate isn't resolved in the movies, TCW is going to do their own thing.

lol I wonder if they connected Barriss' role as a healer with the doctor that set up Harrison Ford in The Fugitive. I wonder which came first, the idea to rip off The Fugitive, or the idea to put Barriss in this role. Probably the former, which makes it even funnier.
    Nubbs, MistrX, Esg and 4 others like this.
  8. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    why all the fuss...

Barriss from AOTC was Anakins age.. Barriss from TCW is Ahsokas age... two different people, said it before, will say it again. Problem solved :cool:
  9. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Oppo, Bultar, Pablo-Jill, Sora.
    Say goodbye to your old canon.
    [IMG]
    Esg likes this.
  10. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    That's definitely a fairly common cliche, so I could easily see it going that direction. I don't expect this to mean much, but it's probably best not to go apes*** until you're absolutely sure you have something to go apes*** about.

From what I know about this arc, I wouldn't be surprised if Barriss is found innocent, but killed. That way Ahsoka can have some last words with her, and it can be the gutpunch they obviously are wanting it to be.

Homage dammit, homage! :p
    Last edited by instantdeath, Feb 24, 2013
  11. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I'm confused why Asajj's attacker didn't outright kill her. There could be no mistake Asajj was still alive the entire time the attacker was looting her duds.

I'm thinking Barriss is definitely behind part of this, but there's a twist coming somewhere. I mean, for the last several years parents have been dressing their little girls up in Ahsoka and Barriss outfits at Halloween and conventions and stuff. Filoni even said something to that effect in an old webdoc -- Barriss is supposed to be the "older-sister" type role. There's no way they'd make her some brutal assassin. I think she, like Ahsoka, has been caught up in something beyond her control and is also being framed.
    MistrX likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    BC, look for answers, but do not trust to hope.

It has forsaken these lands.
    Valin__Kenobi, Danzo, Nubbs and 2 others like this.
  13. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'd like to point out that the Order 66 panel and MedStar knightliness issues aren't the biggest loss here: Reversal of Fortune is. There's no saving major parts of that comic if it does turn out to be Evil Offee, because she plays a central role. [face_plain]
    Esg likes this.
  14. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Reversal of Fortune has such great continuity with Labyrinth of Evil and RotS, too. :(
    Esg likes this.
  15. Danz Borin Jedi Master

star 1
    Am I the only one who finds the TFN reviews (by Eric) for each show so downright horrible?
  16. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    I actually never read Reversal of Fortune. Good thing now, I suppose? :(

I definitely feel there will be a twist to Barriss's role in this arc... but I also am willing to bet a hefty sum that the twist will come with her death.
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    NOT PABLO-JILL!!!!
  18. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Pablo Jill properly only got killed because he kept looking strangely at Griv. :p
  19. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Episode guide is up.
    • Confirmation that level numbers increase with altitude: "Coruscant's surface is subdivided into striated levels. The highest surface is 5,127, while the uninhabitable lowest depth is Level 1. The action in this episode covers from Level 1312 to Level 1315."
    • Coruscant transit map! For the in-joke district, apparently.
    • "This episode marks the first appearance of a Republic police gunship, a vehicle design inherited by The Clone Wars team from another project." Another project, eh? Wouldn't happen to be 1313, would it? :p
    • The concept art gallery confirms that some of the street views that look like 1313 concept art are, in fact, from level 1313.
    Edit: Filoni's commentary makes it sound like a cut and dry deal that Barriss is behind this. He basically says "Sorry guys! [sad trombone]".
    Last edited by Rogue_Follower, Feb 24, 2013
  20. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah... I'm not buying this. Star Wars isn't much for the 'twist' - any plot elements are telegraphed about 500 miles ahead. Remember how after TPM that LFL made all entries for "Palpatine" and "Darth Sidious" separate, leading fans to speculate that they were going have this incredible twist that they weren't the same?
    Also, in the CWAS Jedi don't do evil things unless it's made blatantly obvious that they will do them (i.e. Krell).

Edit: Oh dear, Wookieepedia is going to take that transit map as 100% canon, aren't they? [face_laugh]
    Last edited by blackmyron, Feb 24, 2013
  21. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    I particularly like that LAAC is one of the destinations.

They Know.
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. kubricklynch Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah, they are so fawning and act like TCW is the deepest show ever. I've haven't read many, but it seems like he never has anything negative to say.
    Last edited by kubricklynch, Feb 24, 2013
    Dr. Steve Brule, Nubbs, JackG and 2 others like this.
  23. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Filoni you son of a b****.
  24. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Now, now. You know when the next commentary comes out he's going to say it was all Lucas's idea. :p
    MistrX, Ulicus and Point Given like this.
  25. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    What about after he's barraged with questions regarding logic, such as how padawan! Offee is able to force choke a person from several miles away, or how she managed to infiltrate a prison in the first place?

His response: "No it wasn't me, it was the one armed man!"
    Last edited by Darth_Zandalor, Feb 24, 2013
    Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.