main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    If I wasn't at work right now I'd be sticking a Cad Bane reference on that thing as we speak.

He was referencing an old running gag. Obviously K'Kruhk didn't actually die, but there was a point in time, IIRC, where that was believed to have been his canon death.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    [face_rofl]

That was what I was thinking of doing. :p

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and MercenaryAce like this.
  4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Besides, wouldn't be the first time TCW stole something from Legacy. I still remember Legacy had the Nu-class shuttle but then had to change it to Nune-class when TCW decided to name their shuttle that. Not like there aren't another dozen or so Greek letters they could have used, oh wait. They barely even use any of those early season ships anymore (when the Twilight blew up at Mandalore, I would be more sad if we had seen Anakin use it at all in the last few years). At least I think that was how it went? A Nu-class reference was still in the Legacy Era Campaign Guide (most were corrected to Nune-class).

And TCW run over EU continuity? :eek: Not like that doesn't happen often or anything.... :p

5. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Ulicus

*gets the mind bleach*

And they're my hats! Mine!
    A true gentleman never gives his hat away.

I would be fine if they had Krayt (argh! Don't remember his real name) in TCW, then killed him dead. Perfectly fine.

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, this thread has grown 13 pages since I last checked this forum, barely four days ago. Do I even want to know what stunning revelations inspired so much conversation? :D

EDIT: Meh, just the Barriss debate, was hoping for something new. I'll put in my two cents when I watch the episodes, which will almost certainly be when everyone has stopped caring about them.

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I wouldn't mind invalidating K'Kruhk's presence in Legacy.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't mind either but how are they going to explain that? With the Adi Gallia didn't they say it was her sibling/cousin or someone new that stepped into that role with the same name? Lame reason. Probably will be K'Kruhk the 2nd or something.

9. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

10. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I'm thinking more "residual brainworm effects". Don't forget that Barriss has turned evil on TCW once before.

[​IMG]

^Side effects may include dizziness, "wormtongue", out of character behavior, trying to kill your friends, aversion to cold, sudden affection for red lightsabers, and mild-to-severe headaches. If you experience brainworm for more than four hours, please consult a medical droid.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    And Ahsoka was so innocent....

Esg likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pfffttttt...quit talking about us coffee addicts.

Catching up on the thread...I'm over the Barriss debate. Filoni retconned her because he could, and because it was convenient for him, not because it was even in the same universe as good storytelling. Not even sure I can muster the energy to be pissed off about it anymore. It has made me apathetic about there being another season though--as much as I'd like to see a smoother transition into ROTS, I'd almost rather Disney hire a new writing staff, take the surviving characters and put them into a Dark Times era show. Or write a new show taking place between TPM and AOTC.

I feel terrible for Anakin but if he blames the Council, I'll stop feeling as terrible for him. Seriously, put the blame in the right place.

And oh hell, GG, don't give Filoni any ideas about Darth Unduli and her spider-legged relatives.

Barriss_Coffee, fett 4, Esg and 2 others like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have no idea what's happening anymore.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm thinking Palpatine purposely made it more public theatre. It definitely helps his ultimate purpose, and would give the trial a lot of media attention. Couldn't have turned out better for Palpatine, with Psycho Jedi screaming how the Jedi are an amy of evil who should all be put on trial.

15. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I recall now, from points in this episode and previous, how much emphasis was made on the point of clones being killed. That strongly suggests it was a military trial and that Palpatine stood as judge in his capacity not as supreme chancellor of the republic, but of commander in chief of the GAR. The particpation of the Senators could be justified through their holding honorary military ranks of some kind (something in the back of my head says we've seen senators command clones before that would establish this).

Obviously the trial is irregular, perhaps the first of its kind, but that's not entirely surprising, really. The senior leadership of the GAR is composed primarily of Jedi, who as we just saw have their own justice system outside of the Republic's, and of Clones, who realy aren't capable of treason.

Thinking on that, as an alternative - perhaps the setup used to try Ahsoka was originally set up in order to hypothetically try Count Dooku. Obviously Palpatine was never going to allow that to happen, but it's the kind of thing a bored Senate subcommittee would dream up, and when you suddenly have a high ranking former Jedi charged with high treason in front of you, you may grasp for anything that happens to be on the books.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Makes sense- he may have been made "Supreme Commander" in the last days of the war- but I think he was Commander in Chief from the beginning. That would fit with Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic, and subsequent media referencing it.

17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    o_O

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Interesting to note that even jawajames at Club Jade, the man who said this:

...couldn't help but pick apart The Wrong Jedi's trial plot.

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I don't think it is though. Earlier in TCW, Padme mentioned that Gunray was going to be tried by the Senate, and I believe someone mentioned this is what would have happened to Dooku as well if he was captured (most likely in the episode Dooku captured)

And it isn't limited to the show either:

Ulic Qel-Droma was also tried by the senate, as was Demagol and Drojander Kace from the KOTOR comics.

I am starting to expect that any high treason and war crimes trial is handled by the senate.

20. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Please.....people need to stop making Filoni out to be some evil Sith Lord.

Barriss was chosen because of what has been established in the show preivously(her relationship to Ahsoka).

That is all there is to it.

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    And just to spare us all the rejoinders--that's not the same as saying her relationship to Ahsoka was handled well. ;)

22. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    K'Kruhk the Younger :p

23. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If failoni goes trough with this it's on your heads

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or that

25. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Have they come up with an Adi explanation yet? I thought ol' Leland was waiting before the series ends before making any declarations. Though I guess that hasn't stopped Mr. Fry and co. from doing some cleanup.