main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Should we make our own contradictions in the meantime?

Hondo kills Oppo Rancisis, Ventress has a vision of being a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell and the Republic is actually neutral.

Esg, Gorefiend, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Save it for April Fool's.

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Be careful, you're very close to suggesting fanfic. You know what happens to those people [face_devil]

4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    :(

It does?

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    never* ;)

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I just want them to release the DVD so I can actually start watching any of last season's episodes. :p

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    In all fairness, there are already several bounty hunters on Ord Mantell that Han could have been referring to. That is no more of a contradiction than having Ventress steal the Death Star plans or participate in the Battle of Hoth.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Yes, I didn't think that one through. Just like if Obi-Wan and Anakin have some business on Cato Neimoidia in TCW, that doesn't contradict LOE. (Unless someone then says that "This is their only time on the planet. There's no other business there")

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I know a site where you can watch all 5 seasons but the newest season might take a while to get through. The video freezes and takes awhile to load.Well it was one of the last 4 I was watching anyway. Not sure about the whole season

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Before the DVD was out I watched them online initially last year, but sadly my internet since I moved house has had major video streaming and download issues so online viewing is pretty much out unless I want superslow downloads. [face_sigh]

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's understandable. The first 3 seasons were good in that regard. Still going through Season 4 and had some problems here and there but nothing like the Season 5 Ashoka episode.

12. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Skorr was the first one. And last ironically

13. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    It's over... OVER... OVER FINALLY OVER!!!!

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=10825

ok.. still a rumor but a strong one! The end we got this season would fit despite lots of open plotlines and questions still.. but.. even at the risk of me being wrong.. lets party!

Esg, Mia Mesharad and Gorefiend like this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, that's kind of annoying. As troublesome as the show is for continuity and as hair-brained as their ideas have been lately, I guess I had gotten kind of fond of the show. Stockholm syndrome, perhaps? :p

Maybe it's for the best, before they decide that Count Dooku has a Senate seat or something.

Zorrixor, JackG, blackmyron and 6 others like this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Obi-Wan's still gotta kill Maul.

Just so he can go, "I thought I did that a long time ago."

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I'll miss the cinematic style and all that was good with TCW for sure.. it was a great show.. minus the issues of course.

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    nope.. Owen did, and we know in what comic. Accept it!!!

Zorrixor, JackG, HEDGESMFG and 4 others like this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah. About 75% hoping that the rumor is untrue and we still have a bit more to go. I want to see the Imperial transition on screen. :(

Plus, there was a noticeable lack of horrible Padme-centric episodes this season! They've robbed us.

CeiranHarmony and MistrX like this.
  19. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Hm. Yeah, let's not get carried away here with this news. Let's wait for more reputable media outlets, or, better yet, official word from Lucasfilm.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I hope so.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would have liked a smoother transition into ROTS but I can't say I'm too surprised either.

My hope, as I just posted in LACWAC: Disney hires an all-new writing staff, takes the good surviving characters (I'm looking at you, Ventress) and does a Dark Times show.

Some of this is just me wanting regular doses of new Star Wars but I also think it could work if done well.

Just hire a director who can let go of his own attachment to his favorite characters and has some respect for EU continuity. Please.

Esg and GrandAdmiralJello like this.
  22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    And I agree with the new writing staff as well. Except I'm sure Disney would have its reasons on why it wants to can the show. 07jones on LACWAC mentioned the show is mainly filled with filler, and I'm sure that's what Disney saw if they had watched parts of the series. :p

23. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Didn't we already see that in ROTS?

GGrievous likes this.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Not really. TCW actually does a better job showing how the Republic is changing than ROTS really did. The movie really just turned a switch or something.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    But I thought that was supposed to be the idea. Making it a gradual transition would be a retcon.