main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    It will be funny if people around here get made about the ST contradicting LOTF and FOTJ, considering their reputations.

The nice thing is, it can bet set well after most of the ROTJ EU, so most of that can be not mentioned and not have a large impact on the story without also contradicting it.

There are some details that are long term from that period of EU that we can worry about, though. What if Luke has a wife in the new film? What if he has a kid or kids and none are Ben? What if Coruscant looks exactly like it did in the PT? We'll see, of course. No reason to get worked up about it until we know what's actually happening.

2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I can comfortably say I have no problems with the ST happening post-NJO and discarding DNT/LOTF/FOTJ. The only thing interesting out of that era is Allana, possibly. It might be more interesting to have the Solo twins and Ben as a padawan(again) to start the ST. At the same time, it would set a very very dangerous precedent... plus it would unravel some of Legacy. Which I'm not keen on, at all.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm worked up about the very real possibility of them contradicting whatever novel it was that mentioned Han had acquired a Coruscanti accent.

I swear that accent is gonna go. It is well and truly forked.

Rew, Havac , Cronal and 4 others like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Getting Legacy to work could happen without DNT/LOTF/FOTJ. Not sure how but it could work.

5. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, I don't think there's anything in the Post-NJO novels that Legacy requires to exist. It's started hinting at the world we'll see in Legacy, but, depending on when the ST actually takes place, there will still be decades for those events to develop.

6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
  7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    You guys know that if they're going to completely destroy the post-NJO, then they're going to completely destroy the entire post-ROTJ era, right?

Also, it annoys me when people assume or wish the EU will be ignored, then hope for the films to have Mara Jade or Thrawn. If it happens, then they'll have never existed either. Completely destroys means completely destroys.
    In other words, messing with these facts: Luke being a widower with a kid named Ben who's already been trained as a Jedi, and Han and Leia having a married daughter named Jaina who's closer to middle-aged and has become a great Jedi, and maybe Han/Leia having a young granddaughter through a deceased son (who, if named, is named Jacen).

If those are broken and cannot possibly be retconned, then just have a standalone where the heroes prevent the end of the universe by some weird time-warp thing that changes everything that happened after ROTJ (and possibly before).

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Other than get Jag on the Imperial Throne asap and keep or get the Jedi back on Coruscant and Ossus we are good. The Triumvirate could wait. Maybe have Jag come up with the Imperial Mission instead of Han.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Legacy does refer to Darth Caedus and Lumiya, though.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Technically it refers to Darth "Cadeus" and only says "yet another Skywalker turned to the dark side." ;)

You're slipping, man!

And even Jag doesn't have to come to the throne ASAP... he just needs to have a few years, even if he's 80 years old when he's crowned.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ah yes I forgot about that. Don't have Jacen become Caedus then. That's the best I got.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I couldn't remember the borked up spelling :p

So, if they retcon LotF out of existence do we have to assume Lumiya trained a Sith called Darth Cadeus instead? :p

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Have you no imagination? A Lumiya clone trained one of Luke's great-grandsons in the ways of the dark side. ;)

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Another Lumiya clone?

We already had one!

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Ahh, but that was just a decoy, set up by the true Lumiya... clone ;)

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Summer Dreamer likes this.
  17. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    [​IMG]

Grey1, Zeta1127 and Havac like this.
  18. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Now there's a gif from which I could get real use around here.

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I hate the idea of Ahsoka Tano, and I can't take her existence seriously because of things like LoE and RotS novelization. As Robimus pointed out, I can't unread things like LoE and RotS novelization. I still haven't read the multimedia project yet, but I am more interested in it than I could ever be interested in seeing a single episode of TCW, because the timeline presented by the multimedia project is the Clone Wars to me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Maybe if more people like you bothered to buy the books you claim to be so fond of, the TV people would have been less inclined to contradict them.

TheRedBlade and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh c'mon Coop -- you know it was Lucas all the way. A bazillion people could have bought the books and Lucas still would have changed things. He changes his own canon for crying out loud!:p

Jaster Vhett, JackG, Zorrixor and 5 others like this.
  22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "There you will learn from Yoda... the Jedi Master who instructed me. Well, a Jedi Master who instructed me. Briefly, while I was a small child."

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm trying to make a point here. :p

24. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Don't worry, you'll be able to make the point again the next time Zeta makes a TCW related post :cool:

CooperTFN likes this.
  25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    MistrX likes this.