main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Seriously, guys? Literally the second line Obi-Wan has in the movie is him mentioning some instruction he received from Yoda.

I mean, yeah, I admit Qui-Gon was kind of out of left field, but Lucas was self-aware enough to explicitly try to justify the ESB reference to the audience.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Actually, that would just be an opaque joke, not sarcasm. But it doesn't really matter. :p

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Is Borkus's canonical first name Mister?

5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Supposedly, the show's having a wrap-up party with only a skeleton crew remaining to finish select bits of material.

http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=10981

"The remaining episodes that are finished or in part-production do NOT in any way wrap up the fates of the Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress and many others. If you want these stories to be told that we must act NOW as a community before it’s too late – time is NOT on our side."

Sorry, GG. But it looks like the Filoni super special editions are on hold till further notice.

DelRiego likes this.
  6. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    This is...rather ironic ain't it?

Cause now it might be Comics/Books whom are charged with the task of finishing up those stories. :)

The best that can be done is deem TCW as an in-universe show, with Ahsoka as a composite character created to tie-up stories and relate to the audience

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not sure if this is the right place but close enough I guess.
    Is there an in-universe account of the Clone Wars from the Empire?
    How did they swing everything? Yes I know Palpatine framed the Jedi and Dooku was seen as an agent so that the Jedi would control both sides or something like that and give the clones more prominence in the story and take the Jedi out of it. I wouldn't mind an Imperial revisioning of the Clone Wars as a holodrama or something set in the Dark Times but released as books.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I wouldn't mind that -- we really don't get enough in the way of propaganda in the Empire Era, at least in relation to what happened in TCW. It's usually something that's reserved for the sourcebooks when the authors are attempting a retcon. Something like what the old RPGs and HolonetNews used to do would be neat to see again, especially now that we have a much clearer (or is that more cluttered?) idea of what actually occurred throughout TCW.

Also, more news about the disbandment:

I do wonder how much of this was considered back when they were hyping TCW at C6. At this point I'm sure they knew something.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I know that there was Imperial propaganda of the Battle of Endor in Wedge's Gamble and Shadows of Mindor. I don't remember the specifics from them though. Seeing how Palpatine could spin the Clone Wars could be fun. With the 02-05 and 08 to present series it is cluttered pretty badly. An Imperial version as well? Oh boy. Even if it is not true. I know there was a CIS version of the Holonet News that tried to spin things the other way.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    TCW Continuity Thread? More like TCW Discontinuity Thread, amirite?

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I'm sure select people knew about the Disney thing. We know Pablo knew. Filoni may have known. I doubt the rest of the TCW cast and crew knew. I also doubt anyone knew that Disney would can TCW. That, I think, is a more recent development. I bet the TCW cancellation (and Detours "hiatus" and whatever the hell is happening at Lucasarts) were all decided after the buyout.

(Sidenote: C6 is very strange in retrospect. It was the perfect place to announce the sequel trilogy and Disney buyout, but the deal must not have been completed yet, so they couldn't say anything. I can only imagine how pumped the place would have been had the news come out during the event...)

12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, I'm still a little surprised how much they kept it under wraps - I know that they would've never announced it directly, but there wasn't even the proverbial "bad feeling" to go off of - not from Lucas, not from Filoni, not from anyone. They all acted 100% as if the status was quo.

13. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Meh, ever since Hasbro, people have been speculating. They most likely knew something and wanted TCW to end with season five.

14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Yes, thank you for the honour.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    The Clone Wars fans Facebook tears are deliciously ironic.

16. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Those poor people.
    [​IMG]

Manisphere and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  17. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    They're just plain delicious.

[​IMG]

18. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    So, are you saying that the ST is going to contradict LOTF, or that it isn't?

19. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    To be fair, LOTF contradicted LOTF with some frequency.

20. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    But nowhere near as delicious as this board's tears are going to be when Episode VII wipes out the post-ROTJ EU. It's going to be FANTASTIC! [face_peace]

Rew, DarthMane2 and kubricklynch like this.
  21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    As a person who hates Star Wars, I'm really going to enjoy this board's implosion when Disney ruins Star Wars entirely.[face_devil]

The_Phantom_Calamari likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I dunno. It just strikes me as the way things work in Star Wars. I can't think of many series that have conclusive ends for their characters, and are usually picked up by later sources anyway.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's like rain on your wedding day....

24. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    When it comes to conclusive fates for basically every character Zahn created, that's not rain.

25. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    "It's crying."

Wait, this isn't the DW thread, is it?
    :p