main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    So apparently the Clone Wars Magazine had a "Design a Separatist Warrior" contest, where the winner is going to be put in one of those crazy magazine comics. You can see the runners up here. They're also having a "Design a Vehicle" contest, which will likewise be canonized. Maybe this explains why those comics are so weird.

Leland also said something interesting regarding an older contest of this type:
    That's interesting, since I thought N'Kata Del Gormo has never been mentioned...

2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    That's basically just an author thing, not limited to Zahn at all. See Traviss with Boba Fett and the Mandolorians, Denning with Saba and the squibs, Stackpole with Corran Horn, KJA with Kyp Durron, or Reaves with Jax Pavan.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I know it isn't limited to Zahn by any means, but I still find it bad practice.

I have to say I've been oblivious so far to Stackpole doing this with Corran Horn; either I haven't read far enough or my love for Corellians has blinded me. :p

4. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Thank god Leland is here to clarify these things for us, otherwise we might still think that Yoda had visited Dagobah before moving there and Palpatine had died earlier than ROTJ. So even though no other sources contradict this supposedly canon information, it's good to know in advance that it just doesn't count for no reason.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    New USA Today article and new video: 'Clone Wars' still has life in the 'Star Wars' universe

So is this like, TCW's zombie attack? We thought it was 6 feet under, and suddenly it's back from the dead for one more strike?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_plain]

Someone control Filoni or kindly tell him to move on.

No need for a non-Human Sifo-Dyas.

anakinfansince1983 and Esg like this.
  7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Do you really want him to move on and pulverize another area of the timeline? [face_devil]

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    He could move on and find another job elsewhere.

Well I don't think that will contain the man. I'm sure he'll try to reach out to other areas of the timeline. ;)

<Dave>I have this great idea. Ahsoka will have a vision of Revan and will meet him...</Dave>

9. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Where did it say Sifo-Dyas was going to be non-human?

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    In Filoni's world. :p

11. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    Didn't the original Sifo-Dyas back story come straight from Lucas, though? I know Lucas changes his mind a lot, but that might mean any "new" version will be pretty close to the established version.

I'm assuming these last Clone Wars episodes went into production under Lucas's purview.

12. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    "And what happened to him?"

Well Dave, he was murdered by Dooku then had his blood siphoned off to help in Grievous's transformation, and his lightsaber was given to the mechanical monster.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Given the previous Insider interviews with Filoni (regarding his freedom), I doubt Lucas was involved if the episodes were recently produced.

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Sifo-Dyas...

Why the heck are they wasting their time on Sifo-kriffing-Dyas? You'd think they'd be using their last story arcs to tie up all the loose ends that they've left hanging, not wasting time telling redundant stories.

It's [lack of] direction like this that actually makes me understand why Disney wanted to axe it:

"So, Dave, we're going to need you to start tying your series' stories up in time for Episode 7."
    "But I still want to spend the company's money telling a new story about Sifo-Dyas!"
    "..."

Draconarius and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't we just keep people that died dead?

16. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    There goes the retcon merging Grievous backstories old and new... they kill the old story entirely and with it a lot of other good stuff.

I still prefer the old script where Sifo Dias was Sido Dias... in fact Palpatine and no Jedi at all as per old unused AOTC script that leaked before it even aired. *sigh*

Next they tell us there never was a Sifo Dias.. it was all Palpatine in disguise as a Jedi and nobody ever noticed his double life due to massmindtrick. Thx to doppelganger he even could be in the same room as his Senator self back in the day... ooooh talking of a double life there. And due to Flowwalking paired with Doppelganger (Thx Jax Pavan... you made it possible in a recent novel!) your doppelganger can act indepenently and be programmed to appear and vanish at certain times without you needed to do it simultaneously.

I smell it happening! :cool:

17. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    Past episodes have been in production with months and months and months of lead time before the time they air. Unless anyone cares to correct me, I'd guess these episodes were being worked on long before Lucas sold to Disney and left.

CooperTFN likes this.
  18. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh for fu.. sake cant this show just stay dead, we already know what happened to Sifo-Dyas, Dooku keeps him around in a box and he is human.

19. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    He's Du...

Oh, never mind.

20. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    FFS

21. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Filoni will probably have Sifo-Dyas complete Ahsoka's training...or something like that. [face_plain]

anakinfansince1983 , Zorrixor and Esg like this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Attack of the Clone Wars :(

Zorrixor likes this.
  23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Well...my response was more along the lines of "Yes! Maybe they'll do it right, and at least there's more!"
    But then...that's probably not the popular opinion here...

24. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Ahahahahahahahahaahaha

25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yeah, I don't think actually describing the current version of the story helps matters. :p