main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Is it just me, or is there something really weird about the way her torso is bending?

Then again she is an alien....still, weird...

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's you. Nobody else was looking at her, um, torso.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    She's 15-16, artists....

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Tell me this if fake pls Modern Marvel comic should not go anywhere near comics especially not SW comics. [face_worried]

spicer likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have the Marvel app on my iPad and if Marvel is doing SW comics, they aren't available digitally. I was wondering when the release date for this was supposed to be and why the hell Dark Horse wasn't doing it since their contract goes until end of next year.

6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Relax. I'll set the record straight. From further inspection (as well as another user pointing this out), I've come to conclude that this is merely a print specific to SDCC, and not an actual Marvel comic cover. Still, it seems like a big tease, perhaps a hint of future stories set in this era that Marvel intends to tell once Dark Horse's license expires? I was under the impression that The Smuggler's Code was the final TCW comic digest issue to be published by Dark Horse (until further notice), so I would like the stories to continue in some way, particularly if they can tie up any remaining loose ends from the television series. From HEDGESMFG 's conversation with Leland Chee in SDCC, there was the impression that future EU works may "fill in the gap" and resolve any remaining continuity issues caused by TCW. So I am now wondering whether Disney wants Marvel to tackle these stories, or will they allow Dark Horse and other SW novelists to write stories to resolve these issues? So many questions, but at present, not enough answers...

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's not a tease. It's an independent artist creating a piece that's designed to combine modern subject matter with the old-school 70s/80s Marvel SW formatting.

HedecGa likes this.
  8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Underage for a human.

MistrX likes this.
  10. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm not saying it's a good choice, just that it's not some harbinger of Marvel comics to come. I still fault the subject matter.

I'm okay with the guest star, but not the chest star.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

We're all humans around here. It's not too much to expect that we view such matters from the perspective of our own species as opposed to a species that doesn't exist.

Esg, GGrievous and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    It doesn't even really look like 70s/80s Marvel comics, though. Outside the actual "Marvel Comics Group" header it's a completely modern, Dark Horse Star Wars cover.

Really, Dark Horse itself did classic Marvel style covers better back in 2007 when it had that year when KOTOR had nothing but terrible titles all spelled like "Dayze of Knightz". And those covers were pretty bad themselves.

GGrievous likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS YOU UNCULTURED FIEND.
    [​IMG]

MistrX, Nobody145, WMIRTUTSF and 2 others like this.
  14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I loved everything about that year of KOTOR.

15. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Age of consent all depends on where you live. But that is another topic.

Ahsoka/Bo Katan shipping anyone? The girl does seem to have a type, after Bariss, Padme, Riyo, and the Zygerrian Queen...

Any sort of Marvel labeled comics is also an interesting development.

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_sick]

Esg likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Bo-Katan can do better than that.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Ahsoka with Bo-Katan Marvel cover is clearly fan-made because the Marvel label is dated and features an old Marvel Star Wars image of Luke.

19. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Or it could be a retro/throwback label, which comics occasionally do because it is cool.

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, but it isn't because this is fanart by a professional artist, not a real thing.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  21. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
  22. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I wouldn't so much say that was automatically stated, Chee acknowledged it's possible and always discussed as an option on the table, but seemed more incline to imply that the EU won't fill in the gap until they're certain Rebels also will not fill in the gap itself, as he confirmed again that Filoni's role on the show is quite important.

Either way, he did seem confident TCW's most open plot points (which really is just Maul and Talzin) will probably get some kind of resolution down the line. I wish I could've made a crack about making "Old Wounds" canon, but I snuck 2 questions into what really should've been one, so I didn't want to hog any more mic time.

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Tweets about TCW from CE2 (looks like we would see some more retcons, at least as far as Valorum is concerned):
    Filoni just described a rejected story concept for how TCW would tie into ROTS! Was ultimately rejected by GL #StarWarsCelebration
    — Star Wars Underworld (@TheSWU) July 26, 2013

Filoni tried multiple times to have Ahsoka riding a wolf during TCW #StarWarsCelebration

There was going to be a Yoda/Wookiees arc... #StarWarsCelebration #SaveTheCloneWars

Just saw a very early animation from Wookiees arc...wow! This would have been cool!#SaveTheCloneWars #StarWarsCelebration

Ventress story was going to get "very dramatic" #SaveTheCloneWars #StarWarsCelebration

Hidalgo says elements from live action series have been hinted at since season 2 of Clone Wars #StarWarsCelebration

Hidalgo stresses that even though we may not see stories as Clone Wars episodes, they may show up in another film #StarWarsCelebration

Filoni hints that Sith temple is from Yoda arc! #StarWarsCelebration

Looking at concept art of Jedi sisters from order 66 bonus content trailer! #SaveTheCloneWars

Plo Koon is getting a character model update! #StarWarsCelebration

Former Chancellor Valorum to appear inBonus Content! #StarWarsCelebration

Cad Bane's ship to appear in Bonus Content! #StarWarsCelebration

Going to Tatooine, Tusken Raiders involved #StarWarsCelebration

Hidalgo says they are still working on how to distribute Bonus Content, may be outside the box, could include unfinished animation

Filoni: Yoda and Anakin have a more personal connection #StarWarsCelebration

Filoni: There is a scene that deals with repercussion of end of season 5. Unsure of if it will be seen... #StarWarsCelebration

Filoni says he didn't put many EU characters in the series, because he didn't want to change them too much #StarWarsCelebration

Filoni suggested wrapping the series up during timeline of ROTS, audience would see what other characters were doing during the film

Filoni says he's surprised at how much fans love Zillo Beast. However, no plot was ever finalized for cloned Zillo... #StarWarsCelebration

Filoni: Lots of clone action coming up, probably not Republic Commandos, though...#StarWarsCelebration

Season 5 blu ray coming on October 15, features Obi-Wan on the cover. Includes some directors cuts #StarWarsCelebration

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Filoni said he didn't put too many EU characters in the series, because he didn't want to change them too much."

[face_laugh] Barriss Offee disagrees, and he did enough damage to her character to render this statement the biggest lie of his existence.

I can live without seeing more Tusken Raiders and the idea of Ahsoka riding a wolf is just ridiculous, but Yoda and Anakin having a more personal connection would have been cool, as would seeing the Sith Temple.

"Repercussions of the end of season 5"...given the "mean old Jedi picking on poor little Ahsoka" angle they'd probably take there...I'll pass.

Wrapping it up during the ROTS timeline with other characters is a cool idea though.

Finish my Ventress arc dammit.

Paparazzo, Esg and my kind of scum like this.
  25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Well Barriss is not an EU character as she was created for AOTC. [face_dunno]

darklordoftech likes this.