main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

The official previews released are arcs that will be released in due course. It won't officially have a season 6 but what is released is what season 6 would have been if it hadn't been cancelled. We are still getting 'bonus content' which will be arcs released in some way. We are still waiting on how much will be released, what arcs, and when they will be made available to fans.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Urgh, it's unclear whether the Darth name is left out because of Star Wars Underworld's reporting, or because Hamill wasn't specific. Details matter! :p

But this Facebook post indicates it was related to Episode I in some way, and speculates it may have been Plagueis. Tying in to the clone purchase/programming story arc, perhaps?

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Mark Hamill could do an amazing Plagueis.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  5. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000

We can hope that these extra arcs will be add to the Season 5 DVD set when it's released.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

Esg likes this.
  7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Weren't Bane and Revan going to be in Mortis? Bane dates back to the TPM novel, after all.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  8. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009

It's been stated that they won't be in the Season 5 stuff (though I suppose that could change between now and then) and they're not sure how they're going to release them.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

They showed up on Mortis, but they got so annoyed with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit Daughter that they rage-quit and blew the hell out of there before Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka arrived.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Has anyone actually written out a list of the lore glaring canon conflicts? I'd be interested to read about them, but my memory is bad enough that a lot sail right over my head when i try and do it myself.

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    There are big canon conflicts like someone dying at a wrong time, and then there are smaller like Eeth Koth being still alive or Grievous' backstory "change" (I don't think it's a change when it is deliberately left vague enough for it to fit into the old backstory). We had a thread where we invented retcons for the big conflicts. That was fun and I think we'll have more fun with it when the bonus content arrives.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    [​IMG]

Look at the fun we are having!

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    To be fair, Filoni said he left it deliberately vague so that those who preferred the EU backstory could read into the line "I chose them" as "I chose to accept them rather than die."

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    There is also the possibility that the CIS leaders altered his memories a bit. Or even just massive denial on Grievous' part.

Random Comments likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That too.

17. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    This will probably get me tarred and feathered, but I like Grievous's "new" backstory (which IIRC came from Lucas) better than the shuttle-crash version. It's interesting foreshadowing of Anakin/Vader in a number of ways. Though I appreciated that Filoni kept things vague, and followed his lead in WARFARE.

18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Jason, you will find that people like me don't take much stock in what Lucas says these days, which is one of the reasons why canon and continuity died with thunderous applause to me when Darth Maul "returned" in TCW.

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Jason, you can just ignore him.

COMPNOR and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, somehow I just knew that was coming Coop.

CooperTFN likes this.
  21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They won't be. Different companies own the distribution rights. Warner owns the distribution rights to Seasons 1 - 5 but Disney own the distribution rights to the bonus content so they wouldn't give a rival company rights to something that they could make a profit out of themselves. And it sounds like they are still working on the bonus content anyway.

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I appreciate what Fry did in the Warfare guide as well, but I would like to see one go-to backstory and not "a set of rumors/urban legends."

jasonfry :( @ choosing Grievous' new backstory

23. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Just like we know what's coming when you make a post in this thread [face_clown]

24. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

25. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah, as the Son's "dark side advisors"...whatever that means. I do wish they hadn't been cut, just so there could have been even more confusion and inconsistency in those episodes. And also to see the reaction at TCW basically establishing that Revan stays dark. The old episode guide included images of their renders.