main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    If they had Liam Neeson star in a movie as a ghost alongside a Yoda muppet, I'd watch it.

darthosaka likes this.
  2. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Only if it's CGI Yoda and puppet Liam Neeson.

Grey1, Ulicus , LelalMekha and 3 others like this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    That goes without saying, certainly.

darthosaka likes this.
  4. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Not sure if madness...or brilliance...

5. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    "I don't have puppet cancer!"

The_Phantom_Calamari likes this.
  6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    http://pastebin.com/BF5SU01N

Needless to say, both my link and this post contain 'major' spoilers.

Since no one stopped me in the TV forum, might as well post this here. This is a TL of the entire 4 parter's script. Not sure if the same guy will do more next week, but this helps a lot. This confirmed a number of my assumptions.

1. Sifo-Dyas is indeed stated to be part of the order to implement a chip inside the clone's head to inhibit their aggression. He was the only jedi who knew of its existence before he was killed. Any mention of Sifo-Dyas and what he knows is only brought up when Shaak Tii is 'not' around, so the Jedi do not learn anything specific beyond the existence of the inhibitor chip. He may have been aware of the contingency orders and perhaps even suggested them after mutual discussion with Dooku (having no idea they'd ever actually be used by the sith. Speculation, but hard to say. He knew of the chip at the very least)
    2. Lama Su does indeed seem to see Order 66 as a contingency order that should only be used "just in case", rather than as an intentional sith plot he's actively participating in. He also still sees Tyrannus as a Jedi and brushes off the order as nothing but a bunch of oddball mystics. He is determined to keep the chip's role in order 66 secret to prevent a backlash and retain the order's potential effectiveness, but that's as deep as his agenda goes.
    3. Nala Se's one of Kamino's chief genetic engineers, and one of the highest ranking designers of the clone army, and likewise seems determined to keep the chip's purpose secret. However, he closeness to the Sith remains vague. She refers to Tyrannus as Lord, but never drops any overt hints that she actually want to wipe out the Jedi, merely that she's following her paying client's instructions. It's not clear if she has any connections to Palpatine.
    4. The whole incident is swept completely under the rug, and Fives is clearly implicated as insane. The chancellor successfully convinces the Jedi (through what may not be entirely false), that Tup's chip deteriorated due to a parasite on the ring planet and this led to his mental deterioration. Because the Jedi do not yet have enough evidence to suspect 'him' yet, they eat the story hook line and sinker. Mostly. He even gets in a line that suggests that a conspiracy that begun years before the war began is too absurd to be true, and the Jedi more or less accept this. Foolish of them, but not entirely unbelievable.
    5. Rex seems to believe Fives, implying that he might've eventually found a way to evade Order 66. Who knows?

There may be some mistranslations here or there, but I'm betting this is all pretty close to the real thing. It looks like, in the end, Order 66 has indeed now been successfully retconned as a mix between brainwashing 'and' a written contingency. Overall? Not as bad as we feared.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I absolutely cannot believe this didn't make it on maintstream television. Both this and the Yoda arc sound as though they're integral to understanding the films.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The whole Sifo-Dyas thing sorta of goes against Darth Plagueis and Labyrinth of Evil; why would he order the Kaminoans to install an inhibitor chip? The arc almost implies he wasn't manipulated by the Sith, rather that he was in league with them.

I much prefer that SD was conned, the Kaminoans are ignorant of the Sith designs on the clones, and the clones are just obedient, not brainwashed.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't open the scripts and won't before March 7, but one of my fears before TCW would cancel is that one of the arcs would retcon LoE.

Looks like that fear was founded. Inhibitor chip? Let me go find a wall to beat my head against.

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Unfortunately that's not the canon version since everything in TCW is with the movies. I gave up trying to like one version of the other. Now I just go with the flow.

11. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    anakinfan-don't do that. Like you I'm going to wait for netflicks and at the end who cares. I read LOE and I enjoy still, I see the micro series and I still enjoy it, I'll see this and also enjoy and to me its all a happy world. I'm not going to worry about dividing stuff and separating what's canon or not. Life is to real and to fast to worry about a fictional universe that I do not make money out of, do not own and have no control over what's released or not.

Gamiel and darthosaka like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, nobody's worried.

But I will call a stupid retcon when I see one.

Just before I go read LoE again and remember my own personal canon:

If an item does not appear in the archives of Stuff Anakinfan Likes...it does not exist.

vong333 likes this.
  13. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Bariss_Coffee- You should have known all along that stuff that should be into something rarely gets put in. Remember the jedi starfighters of Episode 2? They were hardly in there, remember the space battle in the novel of AOTC? Never made it into the movie, in fact everyone here is to believe that a planet that was full of Trade Federations ships would unoppose the landings of Republic Acclimators destroyers ships into a separatist controlled planet. That they waltz in and landed on Geonosis without being confronted. It baloney. And don't tell me that the video game Clone Wars (2002) had a scene at the beginning because not everybody plays video games and not everybody looks at other areas as part of the movie story. Remember the Ki-Adi Mundi droid control ship attack? That should have been in the movie because if you looked at the clone war battle at the end the cuts and edits was horrible. The flow of the battle was choppy and well what about the complete Obi-Anakin and Dooku fight? Nothing, we got the cheap lets get Ben aside cut and the Anakin can't hold two lightsaber fight that trys to fight with one lightsaber and gets chopped at the arm at the end. Everything was about the fight between Yoda and Dooku which I thought was lackluster. The novel played that out better. Yeah Yeah Yeah, let the novel haters and defenders of the movie attack me for saying that but who cares. Remember at the end of ROTS? No Yoda touching down on Dagobua planet. That should have bee there, I mean we had Leai delivered to Bail, Luke to Lars, Vadef and Tarkin with the Emperor and Padme in her fallen ceremony. But no Yoda. There was also Rcik McCullum's interview where he said that we would find out about the force ghost stuff. Yeah we did, in a novel, but not in the movie. Even though that may be official, that was when GL was around, now ...on March 7 in TCW we are going to get the Qui-Gon goner stuff that we should have had in the movie that was in the novel that will now be ignored in favor of the series. I think I covered most of it.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    With the Disney sale, we were almost allowed to keep all that.

Almost.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    New topic: giving birth to a baby Togruta must be unpleasant.

[​IMG]

16. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    ...God, I didn't need to think about that.

17. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That's a strong neck, but cartoon kids have that kind of proportions.

[​IMG]

I can only presume that for most of the pregnancy they are just heads and develop the rest of the body later than real people. That's how their heads can be small enough to give birth to with those proportions.

Edit: And apparently I needed to think about that.

darthosaka and Cynical_Ben like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    You just had to say that didn't you CooperTFN?

darthosaka and CooperTFN like this.
  19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I remember the good old days, back when you could understand Star Wars films by just watching them.

20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I swear every time I watch the PT with someone, they want to know who Sifo-Dyas or Plagueis was, or they complain about missing details like Yoda claiming he can suddenly speak with Qui-Gon. I saw AOTC about 6 months back with my mom and she's convinced Sifo-Dyas was just the name of a dead Jedi Palpatine used to order the clones, like stealing someone's credit card. "Hello, my name is Sidi-- er, Sifo-Dyas, and I'd like to order 3 million of your finest clones. Here's my bank account. Make sure it's 3 million."

Things like the Qui-Gon/Yoda part -- that's just inexcusable. I mean they could hire Neeson to VA a show on the Cartoon Network, but not ROTS? Good grief.

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Well, "Sifo-Dyas" is a holdover from when it was supposed to be Palpatine with a false identity--he changed the concept, but left the confusing name.

23. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Yep. "Jedi Master Sido-Dias". Which, while closing that particular plot loop, would make the Jedi, especially Obi-Wan, look like even bigger idiots than they already are, especially since he hears from Dooku's own mouth that a Sith Lord Darth Sidious is behind events..

darthosaka likes this.
  24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Assuming that this earlier draft was identical to the shooting script except that one name.

darthosaka likes this.
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am also really surprised they made him the guy that actually ordered the clone army, given that I remember Obi-Wan saying that he died before the Clone Army was ordered.