main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Good gravy.

2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So a question about the continuities, since "The Clone Wars" series is now "Cannon" does that mean that the old stuff is no longer has to work around it?

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Shush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yes. Sinrebirth is just like one of those Japanese soldiers still fighting WW2 in a remote island in the Pacific :p

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sinre or Sinny, please.

No surrender!

Never!

Darth_Garak and darthosaka like this.
  6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Come back home, Sinra-san!

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I agree that it doesn't make much sense. And that was my point, of all the things that don't make sense in TCW (with Mauls' survival being the most absurd), how they were found floating in space is not the worst the show offered.

8. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Sweet!

I love the new EU for taking away some of most confusing stuff from the old eu (BBY era obviously)

I am very glad that now we two very different Clone Wars rather than one very confusing one.

I wonder what a crossover would look like

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The old Clone Wars references the new - the three years represent a line where the old and new mingle, especially as Fate of the Jedi, set in 43 ABY relies upon something from the Clone Wars show.

darthosaka and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Thanks Denning

AusStig likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I would've been more annoyed if we had a Celestial monster running around and they didn't reference the Ones, to be honest.

darthosaka likes this.
  12. GoingInside

GoingInside Jedi Master star 1

Mar 31, 2013

Haha, so Greivous's backstory is exactly the same as... every comic book villain ever.

13. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    His name is not Grievous, it's SYNDROME!!!!!

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Why oh why didn't they stick with the original plan and use THIS Grievous, I'll never know:

(if you never saw the original cartoon, or haven't in 10 years, you really should watch these clips!)

15. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Thankfully, Card Trader recanonized his old one. Minus starving family, though, but still. An improvement.

podjazd and darthosaka like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    the reason we got a weak grievous in TCW was because he is Weak in ROTS.

17. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    Where are Grievous' different backstories explored? In comics?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I beileve so although we only get it in Source books in Canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

Cheerios4u98 likes this.
  19. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    What about in Legends? I've never read up on any of his different backstories.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Labyrinth of Evil gives his Legends EU backstory. This seemed to be retconned by "Lair of Grievous" but it can still work under the assumption that Grievous' mind has been tampered with.

darthosaka and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    As was mentioned, Labyrinth of Evil is great. Lots of San Hill.
    The Visionaries comic, "Eyes of Revolution," is great too. Even more San Hill.
    And there's also Abel Peña's classic Insider article, "The Story of General Grievous: Lord of War," combining the previous stories with a little more depth. Did I mention it has San Hill?

TCW's version was alright, but it had Nute Gunray instead of San Hill. TCW's version was alright, but it was um... um... not a rendition of the Epic of Gilgamesh involving San Hill um... different... yeah.

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  23. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015

Haha, thank you! I don't remember a Grevious backstory in TCW. My memory apparently sucks.

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "Master, the armor patches are getting cold, and contrary to your belief, I do have other things to do."
    "Proceed with my repair."
    "Sometimes I wonder why you submitted to the changes."
    "Improvements. I submit to no one. I chose them. Now get on with it."

Barriss_Coffee and AusStig like this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Fans.

You start out getting high on San Hill theories, and you think everything's great. And it is. It's just wonderful. That first theory, it's unforgettable. You get so ****** up on it, you laugh at anything like it's the funniest thing you've ever heard. You go back and read Darksaber and The Crystal Star, you join the Church of Waru and it feels amazing. It takes hours, and searching back through about 150 pages of the Lit forum, to come down from that first theory. You never forget that first theory.

But, pretty soon, San Hill isn't enough. You start hanging out on the Dark Web, trying to score some canon Darth Plagueis.

The next thing you know, Cad Bane does he contradict the EU?

That's serious.

The best thing is when you stay away from Lit for like a month, so when you come back it all seems fresh and new again, like the first time, except this time you know how to navigate the forums, you know the members, you know all the memes and in-jokes, so you're like a skilled fan, and things just start to get so surreal, it's ******* ridiculous.

Maybe...maybe I shouldn't be involved in this intervention. I might sabotage it. Okay, I will sabotage it.

26. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Can we get a "San Hill--does he live? Does he contradict the EU?" thread? Please?

Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.