main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Several of the episodes in early season 3 are flashback episodes.

darthosaka likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Episodes of TCW aren't always in chronological order.

For instance, the episode in Season 3 with King Katuunko is set before his appearance in Season 1.

You saw The Hidden Enemy right? It's like that, sometimes the episodes are just a bit out of order.

darthosaka likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Seasons 1 and 2 had episodes on Christophsis before the TCW movie as well.

darthosaka likes this.
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah... like I said about The Hidden Enemy.

darthosaka likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I forgot what episode that was.

6. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    The episodes air order isn't the same as the timeline order.

Check it here: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

darthosaka likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ghost it's not in chronological order.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Ghost

You're watching TCW for the first time?

spicer and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's not really the problem -- the problem is anybody believing it/siding against the Republic for being too corporate.

It's one thing to pretend to be neutral when everybody knows you're not. It's another for people to believe that you're not only neutral but actually on the other side than you actually are.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Fair enough.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I watched the last two seasons, and I saw some of the earlier episodes, but not all of them and not in order.

12. lakhota

lakhota Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Wow I just saw the lost missions, the Yoda force ghost story was real entertaining. I think it might be one of my favorite of the series. The whole premise of it was different and well told. Glad I bought it.

darklordoftech and darthosaka like this.
  13. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Entertaining yes but it broke the show.
    The Last scene is just Yoda accepting that the Jedi may lose the war but hope will arise and live on.
    Yeah right, and then none of this is brought up in ROTS.

Don't misunderstand me here. I love the show but The Lost Missions ended up being retcons to ROTS that made more of a mess.
    Order 66-chips,
    Seps-neutrality
    Sideous
    Yoda and the silly visions of ROTS.

*Utapau messed up in Crstal Crisis
    *Saluecami messed up in Bad Batch
    *Quinlan Vos in Dark Disciple

It doesn't make sense.
    The series doesn't even respect the stuff it does.
    Mortis? No we don't ever get a full explanation.
    Who remembers it? Why does Yoda know? What was the point?

So the biggest problem is, come to ROTS after TCW and it literally screws the whole movie up.
    Yoda doesn't seem to remember any of the visions that came true and isn't like oh I should have listened and DONE SOMETHING. Yeah Yoda he is literally shown what will happen and just accepts it. "We may lose the war, we may lose the Jedi order but A new hope will arise and the j r di will return."

And they were planning more.
    Kashyyyk and the wookies.

Is not anything in ROTS Sacred? We pretty much got /were going to get to see most things from the film.

Sorry for the rant but it ended up being a parody of itself. Maybe I just never noticed but now it seems that way.

I still love the show, Dave Filoni is a good artist.

Ahsoka, Rex, Domino Squad and the whole heaps and bounds of characters, settings and stories as well as the things the show taught me are why I like it.
    I grew up with the show so it developed as I developed but looking back some stuff doesn't make sense or work and is goofy.
    But I still love it.

*apart from Dark Disciple-I still can't wrap my head round it, because of how horribly wrong it is. I know what they were trying to achieve but how the heck did it end up so bad/wrong?
    And Son of Dathomir, no one talks about it as if it never existed. Dave never brings it up.
    Lo I digress.

* the boards are just full of negativity. The new films broke the community into pieces so now everyone has something to gripe about, (Thanks GL, Disney)

14. lakhota

Apr 25, 2014
    Yes those are all valid points, I guess I don't really hold the cartoons as cannon and more of entertainment. I do like the art style better than rebels and the more serious tone.

DelRiego and Darthmaul208 like this.
  15. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Agreed.
    The show did some phenomenal things and attempted stuff that was kinda hard to accept but heck if TCW can do it, why can't they do more?
    I mean animation has alot of advantages and could be more serious if they wanted it to me.
    The show proves it point blank and shows people can care about animated characters.

darthosaka likes this.
  16. lakhota

Apr 25, 2014
    I am going to be honest I am one of the PT bashers but after watching TCW I actually liked Anakin and thought they did a good job redeeming what PM failed to do. I loved how they showed how devastating war was and how dispensable the Clones were. Lots of great characters that I will miss and yes I got emotionally connected to cartoon characters so that was brilliant writing. A lot of you guys have a TCW Masters Degree and are extraordinary fans.

17. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I did a timeline with the idea the series began about six months after the Battle of Geonosis.

Do we have any idea when the series actually started because four weeks after Geonosis was too ridiculous and about one-three months seems too quick. The Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems (not Separatist Alliance! That was stupid sounding) would've needed time following Geonosis to get their forces ready for battle.

darthosaka likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

darthosaka likes this.
  19. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    That's one impressively random list. I'd like to see more elaboration on the discrepancies.

Newsflash: despite the Story Group, discrepancies in a large franchise fiction, multi-medium, multi-authored universe will continue to happen. I am hoping the degree of disconnect will be minimized, however.

But I also appreciated that you were able to separate your perceived discrepancies from good story-telling, in lieu of using discrepancies to justify your opinions.

And finally, that you grew up with TCW is both cool and makes me feel...not young. Lol.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    I grew up with TCW and it's what got me into Star Wars in the first place, and I love it, but I admit I wonder how I'd feel about some stuff if I rewatched it.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  21. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Well at least they don't punch an army to death or fight like six jedi by SPINNING....

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This. So much this.

23. darthosaka

darthosaka Jedi Master star 1

Oct 25, 2012
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Davak24 and spicer like this.
  24. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    That's the artistic style of the cartoon, of course it's not meant to be taken literally. And to be fair, TCW lightsaber duels are faster than in the movies, i. e. very stylized as well. Not as over the top as in the micro series, but not as "realistic" like in the movies.

darthosaka and Davak24 like this.
  25. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    It's sad to see the downplaying of the microseries's quality, originality, and legacy is already taking shape. Actually, I'm 7 years late, but you guys get the point.