main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Ouch, I must have been extremely pissed off when I posted this.

I'm cringing :{

Dante1120, Daneira, Vthuil and 2 others like this.
  2. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    tbf they were all very good points

Probably just had a bit too high expectations for a kids show where making sense wasn't that important

AusStig and vncredleader like this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To qoute Malus Darkblade: "With hate, all things are possible. And my hate is strong!"

:p

AusStig and darthosaka like this.
  4. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

I have long since headcanoned myself to an explanation on this point.

5. darthosaka

darthosaka Jedi Master star 1

Oct 25, 2012
    We got a good comic that explained it.

6. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    I just realised, the Rebels thread has hit over 1000 pages. This only made it 708.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There used to be some other CW threads. This one outlasted the others. Like one of Dooku's competitions.

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  8. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Lol and because we created headcanons to explain away the inconsistencies right?

Daneira likes this.
  9. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    The sad part was I thought the timelines here in this thread held up fairly well until Dark Disciple came along. I have no idea what the point of this novel was other than to kill off a character who would have made a great fit for a spinoff movie.

Doompup, spicer and darthosaka like this.
  10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I mean, I attempted to address even that, but it does require some suspension of disbelief.

Keep in mind that before the show ended, the official stance was still "The EU and TCW will fit together somehow." I just tried to find a way to make that happen because, why not?

Most of it can still work if you squint a bit, IMHO. Hell, TCW alone without the microseries or anything else frankly just feels incomplete.

darthosaka and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I know what you mean. Without the Legends stories, Ventress just shows up out of nowhere and it's clear she's already met Anakin and Obi-Wan before. Maybe we'll get some canon books or comics covering the early days of the war at some point (like the new Mace Windu comic). I mean it's not essential, but it would be nice to have those stories.

darthosaka and bizzbizz like this.
  12. Darth-Krayt

Darth-Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2018
    Why Boba Fett Pursuit takes place after Ventress dies? She her appearance an important part of the book

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Darth-Krayt

Feb 25, 2018
  14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The long list above contains both canon and Legends stories. Maybe Ventress's TCW episodes were written originally with the old EU in mind, but "Dark Disciple" was released a year or so after Disney's removal of the old EU. Maybe originally Ventress was not going to be killed off, but things changed. In the end, Christie Golden's novel just ignored the events of "Boba Fett: Pursuit".

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yes, but so did Obssession, arguably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Darth-Krayt

Feb 25, 2018
    Tcw wasn’t meant to fit with the EU (it contradicts a lot of stuff)

Boba Fett: Pursuit has to take place after DD if we are mixing both legends and canon

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    DD has to take place closer to RotS than Pursuit, due the Black Sun and Pyke’s being at War again, implying the Shadow Collective has been destroyed, which it was in the Maul comics, as I understood it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The first half of DD takes place while Maul is imprisoned by Dooku, before he escapes and re-unites the Collective in Son of Dathomir, which takes place in the gap between Ventress failing to rescue Vos from Serenno, and her second attempt with Jedi aid.

The Collective does largely disintegrate after SOD though, leaving Maul with just Mandalore for the most part I believe.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Slater and Sinrebirth like this.
  19. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    As I was explaining to Sinrebirth earlier. When I was a kid I was a fan of the Republic comics, Clone Wars and TCWS. I even have the whole Obsession comics in one book!!

The thing I find so funny is how so many of you complain " about how TCW didn't fit in Legends" well guess what I fitted them all fine growing up and I didn't even know about the retcons. Granted Dark Disciple didn't exist at the time. But with Sinrebirth's help I got it to fit
    I think this is why I jumped on Sinrebirth's One canon when I first heard about it. I was already doing this stuff before the great reset.

Sorry to resurrect this thread. Just wanting to share my thoughts that came to me lately when thinking back to my Clone wars stories memories. And honestly that's why to this day I never get the hate TCW gets from certain fans.

20. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    It was the New Thing once upon a time, which is difficult for a certain segment of the fandom to accept even as it inevitably becomes one of the Old Things. ;)

Vthuil, Xammer, Ghost and 3 others like this.