main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone wars costumes- Jedi in clone armour?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Amanita, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    I read somewhere that some of the Jedi in the clone wars cartoons wore bits of clone trooper armour with their robes. This sounds very interesting, where can I find pictures?

2. Austrianakin

Austrianakin Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2006
  3. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Yeah, a shame they didn't have any scenes of armored Jedi in Episode 3.

4. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    Awesome, thanks:)
    I was thinking armoured Jedi would be a fun costume, but I would not want to go with the full body kiit- I've heard it's uncomfortable to sit in, and very expensive. Perhaps a modified version of that get-up, featuring the chest plate and guantlets partially concealed under robes like the warrior monks of Japan used to do. Now that would be sweet.

5. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    I would certainly think that the Jedi would have the flexibility to wear as much or as little armor as they wanted.

6. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    If you go to sonsofthesuns.com we have some guys doing the Anakin clone wars costume.

7. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Both Anakin and Obi Wan wear less armor in Season 3/Volume 2 of Clone Wars. Anakin has Vader-esque shoulder armor and Obi Wan wears EpIII clone armor on his shoulder, lower arms, and lower legs.

8. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    Here's a pic from c3:[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/jabba974/C3%20pics/DSCF0925.jpg]

9. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I just did this too, but I have a full set of clone armor.

[image=http://www.freak23.com/jedi/clone_wars_jedi2.jpg]

10. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Fabulous Clone Wars General Kenobi. The guy really carries off the look well. I remember seeing him there. Did he go to Dragoncon too?

11. JediKnightGareth

JediKnightGareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I did concept pics of a "Sith Punk" costume Idea I had, it had a chest plate and gauntlets inspired by teh black hole troopers. If I can find the pics I'll post them. I am having teh armor custom molded as soon as I can afford it.

12. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    Awesome armoured jedi kits:) I need to find some bits of armour now, but good luck finding a chest plate in plus size:(

13. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    I'm looking to do this costume too. It's just so dang heroic on the gentle giant statue:

[image=https://id303.securedata.net/nonstoptoys.com/merchantmanager/images/uploads/obiCWstat.jpg]

I have the saber and looking to get the armor now. The robe should be the easiest.

14. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Actually, the chest plate on a standard clone armor kit is pretty big. If it doesn't fit when the excess is trimmed off, you can always make shims from extra ABS.

-Kyle

15. Amanita

May 12, 2003
    Nice..I'm about 48" around now, but looking to lose some of that. Can somebody PM me about where I can start looking for armour?

PS- sorry in advance if asking for a PM is against the rules

16. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Go to clonetroopers.net and let it be known what you're looking for. I'm sure someone will conatact you and/or point you in the right direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.