main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Alright, most of us watched last night. Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking....Clone Wars costumes.

I'm seriously considering doing the Padme from her scene. It was a cute dress. Yeah I realize it's a toon and all, but I think it'd be fun.

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    I've done a version of Anakin from the Clone Wars. It's slightly different from the cartoon (glove instead of a mechanical hand), but I added a regular robe with sleeves as opposed to his EP2 cloak. If you want you can check it out here.

3. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Crazy Costumers think alike! :) I have been a total insomniac this weekend as my little pea brain has been plotting about Cartoon Padme's costume.
    I Tivoed the cartoon--and have watched it tons of times and freeze framed enough to take a couple sketches and pencil down some fabric ideas.

I am sick! I love the saying at the Costumer's Manifesto:
    "I make clothes for imaginary people!" LOL! :)

~Ferd

[image=http://www.ferdalump.com/clonepadme.jpg]

4. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I've gotten my hands on a hard copy of a picture of another Padme costume that'll be in these cartoons and have already drafted a pattern for it. The hair pieces are so much simpler than the ones from the movies! I'm so excited to know that I won't have a ton of copper on my head!

5. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Wow - that looks like a beautiful costume! I didn't see the flick, so if anyone has any clip pics, please post!

:)

ecila

6. katha

katha Jedi Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I'm really liking that first dress of Padme's too

I do hope she'll be in the series more

btw ecila, you can see the first chapter on cartoonnetwork.com or starwars.com (small version if you don't have Hyperspace, but still good)

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also thought that Padmé's costume was really cute. I liked the colouring a lot.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Anyone know of link to more pics of the dress? There's one on cartoon network, but I can't print it.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Know what I'm thinking? I can't really afford another $200 for a dress for me and I have no place to wear it for about a year. I'm thinking of making a custom doll sized dress. I could buy the Barbie and fix her up Padme style. Good way to feed the obsession with out spending so much.

Hmmmm..... I forsee an interesting hobby developing.....

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to pop up! ;)

What are everyone's thoughts on fabric choices for Padme's purple dress?

DaJuan, a doll would be adorable.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think chiffon would be a good choice for the upper part, the slieves. And I also think that the bodice is the same as the slieves. Hm, maybe the the square pattern is how they have attached an outer layer to an inner layer of fabric.

12. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Ummm, yeah. Might just have to do a Clone Wars Padme, if only because there's a little more leeway in copying it. It's a cartoon, so there's no fabric to obsessively try to match exactly. ;)

Besides, lavender is my favorite color.

13. FERDALUMP

May 12, 2002
    I was thinking that the sleeves are a pale pinkish chiffon, The skirt would be a satin in a white with a lavender chiffon overlay--The back appears to have petals similar to the Parade gown--again, chiffon with dyed tips. The bodice appears to be a patchwork of pale lavender/pink shades--I would use matte satin for that persoanlly. The "belt" sah thing I would use again, matte satin and it looks like periwinkle blue. The sleeves have large pearls at the top and look to have a clasp (similar to the ornament on the front of the pastel lake gown) on the sleeve drapes. Something like a metallic napkin ring would work well.

But, like Stormtrooper Princess Says it's really just up to interpretation--There really is no right or wrong--just opinions and observations.

~Ferd :)

14. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    No one likes my Anakin costume? :(

;) Just kidding.

15. FERDALUMP

May 12, 2002
    Sorry--forgot to say earlier--Your Anakin costume looks great. Great resemblance, too! :)

~Ferd :)

16. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  17. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Your costume does look good. Its eerie how much you resemble Anakin, LOL.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I wish that I had the money to make the Sgt. ARC Trooper. The red markings and the dual holstered blasters along with the cloth tail (or whatever it's called) that comes out of the back armor plate and drapes down to the ankles. That would be a cool costume!

19. HanyBezem

HanyBezem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    Wow! That's a Brilliant Anakin Costume!
    How much is it altoghether to make it?

20. Surferdude017

Surferdude017 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2002
    I have a pretty good drawing based on Padmé's gown from the clone wars and I haven't even seen it. Just seen the pic from Padwansguide.com and the back view from the trailers.

For Fabrics(and im not even going to get into colors because I havent seen the scene, just the two things I said before)...I am thinking chiffon for the sleeves, the corset I think would be neat if you did heavier weight fabrics for the three different colors. like the darker, the heavier. Georgette for the lightest, fine tafetta for the middle color and matte satin for the darkest color. Although i am thinking that if I ever make this costume for this movie I am making this upcoming summer, I would do some beading on one of the fabrics, to give it a little bit more than the cartoon did. I also think it would be neat if these were strips of fabric woven, kind of like a basket. For the skirt, it diffinitely reminds me of the Dinner gown, only with that tail thing in the back. I would use a one layer of habotai or dupioni (or the polyester equivelent if youre on a budget) and then 2-4 layers of georgette or chiffon. I do think the skirt looks like in actual costume it would be pleated or gathered but i dont see how that would be possible and get the kind of mermaid flare at the bottom. For the trimat the corset i would think a light bullion or beading would look excellent. I think the tail ould be a miture of beading and light fabric, although not silk gauze like on the cape of the parade gown!

Well, I think I have rambled on enough about my newfound obsession with this Padmé gown. I will try and get my drawing colored and to a scanner soon. I have to find someone with a scanner first though. HAHA

Daniel

21. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Wow! That's a Brilliant Anakin Costume!
    How much is it altoghether to make it?

Well, figuring in the alterations I had done to it after the cost of the thing itself, plus the belt, boots, saber, hair, etc., it cost about $1000. I know that is a lot of money for a Jedi costume, but I'm a perfectionist (and it still isn't perfect ;)). Keep in mind the boots, belt and saber cost a little over $700 combined...

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Surfer, when you get it scanned could you send me a picture? I'm an aweful drawer but I want to make the dress. Actually if anyone has an exact copy of the toon send it to me or any drawings. Jedidajuan@aol.com

I'm thinking one of those "My Scene" or "Bratz" dolls would work best for my Padme, they have slightly too big heads for their bodies. Need to find one with no bangs, brown eyes, and brown hair. Any suggestions?

23. JediMistress

JediMistress Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 1999
    I can't BELIEVE I missed the first episode! UGH! I guess I'll have to catch it the next time around. And it was probably all we'll see of Padme, huh? Acutally, I really liked the outfit she was wearing but I was surprised by the "informality" of it. It was so unlike the other gowns she wore on Coruscant in AOTC. It was more like a combination of gowns she wore on Naboo...very light and airy looking, not so stiff and formal as a Senator. But it makes me want to finish all my orders so I can make a version of that gown too! ;-)

~ The Queen's Tailor
    http://www.geocities.com/starlamedra1/queenstailor.html

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You can download it from cartoon network. Can't post it, just noticed that another post got booted, but PM me if you can't find it.

Also she's due in again. I read on TF.N that in some of the later episodes she plays a role. Can't find the link but look under Episode 2 spoliers.

25. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    You can post to the Cartoon network main page, or the clone wars page over there, but not much more detailed than that. A silly rule, but one that LFL has requested and board owners/admin have asked us to impose.

~H~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.