main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~karma/cwpadme.jpg]
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~karma/cwpadme2.jpg]

Of course, just as I finished this costume, I found fur I liked better. Grrr. Back to the drawing board.

2. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    OMG Karma, thats soooo pretty :D I'm jealous hehe. You look like the maquette :)

WHERE on EARTH did you get your boots? I've been looking all over and had to resort to slouch boots that I'll have to modify :(

3. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Looks fantastic Karma!

4. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Benae, those are marching band boots. I got them at:
    http://www.marchingworld.com/pg085.htm
    Not an exact match but 'they'll do'!
  5. oldken

oldken Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    you guys never cease to impress me!

that is dead on karma. ;)

lucas himself would think that CW padme was kickarse!

6. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I was shopping today for more fabric and got all my peices for the 'belt' and tassles :D

7. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I finished my Snow Bunny tonight :D
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/cotumes/websize/Snow%20Bunny%20RL.jpg]

8. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    You look great Benae!! That costume is adorable!

:)
    ecila

9. Jordi-WanKenobi20

Jordi-WanKenobi20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    Danakin your link doesn't work. I would like to see your costume. Maybe my computer is stupid though. Oh well!

10. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Der - I got so excited in finishing this costume, I completely forgot to add the pompom things LOL. I know what I'm doing tonight then [face_blush].

11. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Excellent Snowbunny!

12. ZuckussIsMyHomeboy

ZuckussIsMyHomeboy Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2004
    I am new here, and I'm trying to make an ARC trooper costume (blue). Can someone tell me where the best place for clone armor is, and how much poorer I'm about to become? :) Thanks.

13. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I worked on the 'belt' for the purple costume all this weekend (the fiance helped too :D ). It's only about 90% done, but i should have it finished soon :D Now I have to tackle the head piece [face_worried], I picked up several things to try out and see how they work. 8 weeks seems like a lot of time to finish this costume, but I rarely have free time :_|[face_worried]. I keep getting support from my fiance, and he is always great at helping me calm down when something isn't working right :) If it weren't for him, I'd have given up ages ago - I'm so lucky to have his support :D [face_love] :D. I'll post pictures when it's all done - should be soon :)

14. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Another additional to my list of SW Costumes to do...with an IF. ;)

IF I can get my AOTC Padme White Battlesuit Version 2.0 done (tailored or I do it myself), I will do Snow Bunny Padme. :p So the cape can be done as just a Semi-Circle and Rounded Hood? Think I'll use Fleece or similar for it.

Benae_Quee, is the cloak u did for the Red Padme Dress is just a cloak with arm slits? Like in McCall's 2810 (which I keep using for my IRG Cloak ;) ).

15. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Yep, thats what mine looks like :) I found the perfect color velvet at a local place for $6/yd (60" wide) it was originally about $17/yd :eek:. The whole costume cost me about $45 in materials :D
    The bunny cape is a very simple half circle with a hood - very easy to make. I used polar fleece and lined it with a silk. I might actually redo the trim on mine as I just picked up some new trim in the right color. Mine is too blue IMO. Mine is 56" from one side to the other (along the straight edge) and 38" down the back. Different hights require different lengths though. I'm 5'6", so I made it to about the back of my knees. My hood is a square, but I rounded the top to avoid 'jawa point' syndrome. I think it took me about 1 1/2 hours to put together the cape (w/o trim). The rest of the costume is found peices, doesn't get any easier than that :)

16. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey ZuckussIsMyHomeboy,

Check out http://www.clonetroopers.net/ for details on how to make a clone/arc trooper. Once you get there, click on the banner and it will take you to the forums. Good luck!

17. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks for the reply, Benae_Quee! :) I think due to its simplicity and the possible patterns needed within my hand rite now, I might throw in that Red Padme Dress into my list but most probably after May 19th for a whole series of days & weeks & months chances to wear a SW Costume starting this Nov here. :p

18. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I was going to do the boa's like others have done for the trim on Padme's cloak, but tonight my friend suggested a faux fur. He suggested cutting up a throw he found, but it was $40 and I did not know how dye would take to it. Then I went on ebay and found this:
    BABY BLUE FAUX FUR

I was so excited, I cannot wait till it arrives. I had been debating on the cloak fabric for a while, but I think I am going to go for the white velvet. It just seems more her style.

As for the suit itself, it pays to be a dancer, because I found a wonderful unitard through one of my dance clothing catalogues:
    Search for 8999

I cannot wait to put this all together![/color]

19. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    i'm working on mines. it's comming alone.

20. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    DF That blue fur is great stuff :) I had gotten a swatch from them a while ago and its so soft and luxurious. In person it's a good shade of blue, the white tipping is nice too. I don't know if I'd go for a full body suit with the hands, feet and hood. I only say this becuase when you have to eat, drink, take a bathroom break, or if you get hot (bound to happen) it will be harder. Over heating is NOT fun, I know from first hand experience. I tend to overheat very easily and must drink water through out the day to keep hydrated and cool. I would really go for a body suit with no hands, feet or hoodie attached. I got my hoodie from Dance4less.com for $10 (now its $12). They have turtle neck unitards as well in shiny and cotton lycra.

21. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I fully intend to modify the unitard and cut off the hands. I am not that crazy...lol. I will check out the one you got though, thanks![/color]

22. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    There's a new Padme pic in the delta source, Maggie has it up on her site. and I thought I was done with all the CW costumes so far LOL I can't wait to see the rest of this one, it looks pretty from what I can see :D

Help, I'm addicted!8-} :D

23. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I must be nuts, I completely re-did the petals on the back of the purple diamonds LOL. I wasn't happy with the color, so I added some more petals in Hyacinth. I think it looks better this way...
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/mysecretstash/websize/newCW.jpg]
    This is the back of the costume with the belt as well :)
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/mysecretstash/websize/newCW2.jpg]
    The front with the belt, ornament, and shoes. I'm not 100% done with the belt yet, I'm trying to find the right things for the dots on it. I also have to make the sleeves and tassle still.
    I've started work on the headpeice, but I have a long way to go yet.

24. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    That turned out nice. I hope no one trips on the back. What's the belt made out of?

25. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    The belt is made from a leather wrapped around a cardboard form and then painted to match. I think it took about 4 hours, and it's still not done lol. I have an idea to keep people off my train ;) I'll have to try it when I get home :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.