main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Very pretty petals Benae. (And I don't think you're crazy for re-doing them. That's just par for the costumer's course. ;) )

Any pics of it on you?

2. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Truth be told, I afraid to put it on [face_worried]. I'm afraid it won't fit me :( I know it's silly, but I put so much hard work in it, I'd hate for it not to fit. I'll have to try when I get home, I can always lose weight if I need to. Time to face the fear...

3. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    The new petals look lovely Benae!

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    You have got to try it on, silly silly Benae. :)

5. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/DURGE_img/Durge_P07.jpg]
    [color=006699]Elements of my DURGE armour, upper torso. All fibreglass, except for the fingertips of the guantlets--they're rigid latex. Getting there. Piece by piece.[/color]

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
  7. SenatorChristina

SenatorChristina Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2002
    Does anyone have scans or ability to scan some pages of the comics with Asajj Ventress in them that they could post or pm me? Thanks!

Keep up the beautiful work, everyone :)

8. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Wow. That looks incredible so far Thomas! Looking forward to seeing it in person!

9. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Agreed! Beautiful work, T_C_E!

10. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Wow! That is awesome, as your costumes always are :D

11. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    OMG I'm in love with the new blue dress :D [face_love] Off i go to sketch it and see if I can make it hehehehe

The buns costume has nice hair, but its just a purplish robe. I guess the dress is open to interpretation :)

12. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    i'm almost done with mine's ( anakin's costume )

13. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I managed to sketch out the Blue dress :) [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/cotumes/websize/BlueCWsketch2.jpg]
    This is so pretty, very greecian.

14. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I had hopes for the new dress but I don't think I like it. It's not Star Warsy enough... a little too prom dress-like for me.

15. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I was thinking about this costume as well.
    But I agree. Its just not recognizable enough. :(

16. The_Clone_Emperor

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]Benae Quee, that is a wonderful sketch you have made.

I say, if you have the passion for it, you must make this dress. Don't worry if folk get the reference or not. Let your work speak for itself--I feel what you have already shown speaks very highly of you. People will appreciate your work for what it is. For those who bother to ask, the appreciation will be even greater.

Be well,
    see you soon,
    Thomas[/color]

17. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Thomas, your costume is coming along so very nicely. I look forward to seeing it in person.

Benae, with Thomas I agree. I enjoy seeing your CW wardrobe expand. I think this new costume is very pretty and if you love it, then I hope to see you reailze it into a real dress. You can be a C3 Clone Wars fashion show all on your own. ;)

18. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I loved Padme's golden headdress over her cute "Leia" buns, I thought it was adorable. [face_love] Now, if only she weren't wearing a nondescript robe with it... :(

I really want to make the headdress, and it would be very easy--with the simple curved shape it has I can actually use soft, high gauge brass that my local art store carries. I'm making a different gold head ornament for another costume, and from the way it needs to be anchored I had the idea of epoxying long, thin slide pins onto the back of it so that I could simply mount the whole thing securely onto the back of my head. The Padme headdress could probably be anchored by putting pins on the ends that go hidden under the buns and just sliding it into place.

But I'm trying to think of something a little more creative than just a plain navy robe to go with it...since the gems on her headdress are purple I'd like it to match in a darker color. I'm trying to decide between making the robe out of something more luxurious, like velvet, or instead pairing the hairdo with a simplified version of Padme's first outfit in ROTS, the purple panne velvet cloak. What do you ladies think? [face_thinking]

19. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002

Dawn and Thomas, thank you for the kind words [face_blush] :) I wish I had the time and money to make all the costumes I love, but for now I don't. After C3 I'll have more time to sew for my friends and myself. I'll be working on the Blue Poncho eventually, but that won't be finished until Fall probably.
    Moriah, I think I've infected you with the CW bug hehehe :D I love those buns as well, and I was thinking of using a rich velvet for it like her ROTS cloak. The dress underneath could be simple since we don't see it anyway :).

20. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Lovely sketch Benae! I actually quite like this dress, and her hair with it too.

It's a nice new look.

21. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Weeeeee, I found some lovely semi-crushed silk velvet in deep navy for the Leia buns cloak. :D It has a low, rich luster to it that's good for a garment meant for stealth without forgoing any luxury.

I love the the NYC garment district. [face_love]

22. The_Clone_Emperor

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699][image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/DURGE_img/Durge_P08.jpg]

Cast cod and buttocks armour for DURGE suit tonight.

I really do wear all this safety gear when working with resins and impact tools. Gotta take care of the body I've been lent.

Be well,
    Thomas[/color]

23. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Wow Thomas! That looks awesome and you wear it very well. :) Can't wait to see it in person!

24. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    WOW! I can't wait to see that at C3 :D

25. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    DURGE! Sounds and looks like a huge success.

Well, I may be able to offer a thing or two to the final product. At C2, you were nice enough to pose your Clone Emperor in a Force Lightning stance next to Dooku, and I made a mini-movie out of it (which you then referenced on your own C2 picture page, thanx for the cross promotion ;) )

So this year:::
    Long story short, Which Durge power do you want me to animate? Give me the right pose and you can be blasting his flamethrower, OR if you want to act with a new and improved Plo Koon (me) I can give you Durge's energy shields (albiet square instead of circular, but who cares).

I love it when fans come together. My FX knowledge is improved over C2, and I am hoping to make a bigger and badder fan experience over last time.

To see the Clone EMperor shoot Force Lightning at C2, heres a link:
    C2 Fan Movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.