main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, Thomas. :eek:

*Ewok bows*

I so wanna be in that new video. :D

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hi all.

I'm quite busy, but I'm on spring break now, so I'm trying to fit in the time to work on stuff before C3.

Right now I'm toying with the idea of doing an Anakin costume from the Yavin 4 fight in the rain with Asajj Ventress. That's because I don't really have any dark Jedi-looking stuff, so I'd only have to buy the chocolate brown pants, because I have a tan tunic that would work for the lighter colored sleeveless undergarment Anakin is wearing during that chapter.

I'm in the process of taking some poster board and newspaper to create a paper-mache mechanical hand... hopefully it will be done before C3. If not I can just wear my generic Jedi stuff.

Either way, hope to see you all in Indy soon!
    -Random

3. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    WoW Thomas THAT IS SO AWSOME!

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Hello all!

First things first...Thomas...your Durge outfit looks awesome! I can hardly wait to see that complete!

Second...I would like to post mt Clone Wars/EP3 Clonetrooper armor that I recently submitted to the 501st!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/TD5151/EPIII%20CLONE%20TROOPER/jclone2_edited.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/TD5151/EPIII%20CLONE%20TROOPER/jclone4_edited.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/TD5151/MISC/jess-sig.jpg]

5. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Looks great! Now get all dirtied up and weathered and it'll be perfect. :)

6. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Fantastic, Thomas, as ever.

Clone Trooper looks good to me. Up to now, Clone Troopers were admissable to Rebel Legion. So 501st is accepting them now, too?

7. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Clonetroopers are acceptable to 501st. Always were.

8. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Both groups have been accepting Clone Troopers for some time.

9. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I am not doing a Clone Wars costume at the moment, but I'm going to decorate my lab coat at work with Clone Wars images. Is there any good place to find a collection of the images that would be good enough quality to work from?

10. TK-P01

TK-P01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    Hey Kim, give me an idea of what you want and I might be able to get some screen captures for you.

11. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699][image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/DURGE_img/Durge_P09.jpg]
    DURGE helmet progress

Finally finished the wearable version of my DURGE helmet this weekend. I actually found just the right light kit for the "vision enhancing element" in the form of a super bright LED micro keychain. I found the keychain on the ground in front of my home. Providence.

About Clone Troopers in the 501st Legion
    As 501st Web Deputy, I had the thrill of processing and uploading the very first 2 Clone Troopers in the Legion. (The 501st Web Team is a wonderful bunch.) Whereas EPII Clone Troopers are arguably not "bad guys," they represent the stock that will make up The Empire's backbone. And speaking personally, Clone Troopers feel like 501st. Infact, some of the first fan-made Clone Troopers I ever saw were made using Stormtrooper armour. I guess since the white armour was a 501st specialty, it came natural to think of EPII Troopers as 501st. And as the EPII troopers lent support to Jedi forces, they were appropiate for the Rebel Legion as well.

There's a minor ROTS spoiler that, when coupled with the Masterpiece Replicas description of the Blue EPIII Clone Trooper armour will reveal that Gecko Fett's EPIII Clone Trooper--TC5151, first in the Legion--is perhaps the most appropiate member of the 501st to date. ¡Great job Jess!

Be well,
    Thomas[/color]

12. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Thomas, your helmet looked great! :) So your armor is almost done now? ;)

13. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Thomas, WOW. That is looking excellent :D

14. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Fantastic looking Thomas!

15. darkside_bride

darkside_bride Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    Hi. I'm new to the boards.

I'm currently making Padme's purple diamonds dress. I hope to have it done for Episode III.

I'll try to post some pictures as soon as I can. Maybe post a link to an old geocities site I haven't used in years (if ever).

My costume isn't going to be 100% accurate. I just thought it was so pretty that I would have to at least try to make it.

16. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    i noticed some people talking about padme boots a few pages back.

I talked to benjamin moore paints on the phone today about painting my rubber riding boots (textured slightly) white acrylic paint and foam brush will work, and should wash off with soap and water, hope that may be helpful to some.

People at local riding facilities will know if anyone is selling boots, and you can totally avoid being out bid on ebay.

hope that helps

17. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I've been debating doing a Lady Maul costume, and have been nosing about researching what I'll need for it. Rather than go the route of doing the default black robes like his, I was pondering it being more the Ventriss dress with the Maul colouring.

So, I've looked at the dress styles available for her and the one shown in the cartoon looks more appropriate for what I've got in mind, but here's the problem:

I'm very new to costuming, been slowly working on an Imperial Officer, so when it comes to needle and thread, my skills aren't all that good, and when it comes to the cartoon, we're left guessing as to what the materials are on the clothing.

Does anyone have an idea as to whether Ventriss' dress is leatherlike or satinlike, or if it even matters, as well as since her colouring's liquid paper white, what parts of the dress are skin and what's cloth?

18. SgtPepper

SgtPepper Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Hey guys. I'm new, and i'm wondering if anyone would be willing to build me a ARC Commander costume. I can't pay alot unfortunatly, but all of the costumes on websites like costumes.com ect are peices of crap. Can you guys help me?

19. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Ventress is more leather.

20. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    SgtPepper, it is against our forum rules to ask someone to make or sell you an unlicensed costume or prop:

-No soliciting. This includes creating threads with the sole purpose of asking where to purchase unlicensed costumes and props or asking for someone to make and sell you an unlicensed costume and/or prop.

21. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I'll be remaking my snow bunny cloak. I've got the perfect color lining and trim now :). I think I'll also be using a lightweight white velvet, or a plush of some sort. Give it some elegence :)
    I finished my Purple Diamonds dress for C3 :D Thanks to Cassandra for getting shots for me.
    I have decided to also do the Purple Ilum dress (I love purple lol). I'm thinking about the blue greecian styled one, but it's not Star Wars-y enough for me.

22. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, call me lazy bum but can someone please recommand an online store that sell either White or Ivory or Very Pale Blue Fake Fur Trimmings? The nearer to Singapore/Asia the better! Need it to redo my Snow Bunny Padme Cloak, Gloves and Boots Trimmings.

Sad to say, in my hurry to get the trimmings, I gotten Feather Boa instead. Anyhow, a check at the local Trimming stores, including Spotlight, doesn't have any White or Ivory etc Fake Fur Trimmings, only tribal or animal prints ones.

Here's how mine ended up looking last week :p

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/sgstarwars/ROTS_Sneak/DSCN1271.jpg]

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/sgstarwars/ROTS_COL/annwyngang.jpg]

The 2nd photo had me wearing a Construction Boots painted White but seems like it doesn't work as the paint peel off after I got home, so am going to hunt for a proper White Construction/Kitchen Boots. Having Fat Shins means I can only wear ankle-high boots or Construction/Rain ones. :_| Anyhow, I need another pair of the White Boots for my future Biker Scout Armor too. ;)

23. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Darth_Eagle you look so cute in that costume :) smart to use the boa feathers.

24. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    D.E. I like the look of the feather boas better, they float more so than the fur trims. You look great in the snowbunny gear though :) Isn't it so much fun to wear :D

I'll be redoing mine this weekend, I have new lighter blue boas and the perfect color lining. I just need to pick up some new bright white fleece or velvet (mine is currently an off white - fabrics off ebay sometimes aren't the best). My current one may find its way onto ebay eventually.

25. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    the paint chipped off my otherwise perfect snowbunny boots... can anyone help me please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.