Jedi Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanyBezem Jedi Knight

star 1
    * Sighs*
    Where in earth am i meant to get $/£1000???
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
  3. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    He means for an Anakin costume (see DanakinSkywalker's post above about his estimate on the total cost).
  4. HanyBezem Jedi Knight

star 1
    Do you mind posting a breif explenation on how you made it?

5. Surferdude017 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I also think it would be neat of the three layers on the corset were kind of woven over and under each other. Like a basket or what some people do over apple pies.

Surferdude
  6. across0the0stars Jedi Knight

star 2
    how about doing the corset of the dress in a quilt style? using satin and a sheer fabric over each square would tie it in with the rest of the dress quite nicely in my opinion
  7. HanyBezem Jedi Knight

star 1
    That would be an intresting design
  8. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you mind posting a breif explenation on how you made it?

Yeah, I can be brief, someone made it for me ;). But in all seriousness, a friend of my mother's made it, so I really cannot help you in that aspect, sorry.
  9. FERDALUMP Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's so funny you guys mentioned that method--My husband (who normally has no opinion on sewing related matters) Made that suggestion when he saw the costume.
    A few years back that was all the rage to do that with ribbon--pin weaving I think it was called :confused:.
    I think it would be a neat way to get the effect--but would add extra thickness to the bodice.

~Ferd :)
  10. JediMistress Jedi Master

star 2
    Surferdude,

I was thinking the same thing. Have you ever seen Victorian "ribbon weaving?" I think it would be really beautiful to take 3 different shades of purple satin ribbons and weave them then turn it so that you have the diamond pattern, baste it into the shape of the corset, cut it out and sew it. Of course, you could also secure it by ironing some interfacing onto it then cutting it out.
  11. HanyBezem Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh too bad.

Well back to the old drawing board!!!
  12. Ja-De-Cloudia Jedi Padawan

Has anyone given much thought to the Asajj Ventress costume? It's a pretty nifty design. She may not be as pretty as Padme, but she deserves to have a costume! :p It seems like it is a shirt and a skirt, although it might be look better as a bodysuit, and a skirt. Shes got a real narrow waist, and has a big obi looking sash. Her neck seems wrapped in a black sash as well. I think this will be a cheaper alternative to "real" star wars costumes, seeing as we have more leeway with fabrics and designs. Just my two cents. I love her voice too.
  13. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the hard part would be the neck piece. She is drawn with a longer than human neck which would make it a hard effect to pull off for a lot of women.

Still I think it would be an awesome costume for a gal. As long as you don't mind wearing a bald cap.

14. Full_Body_Asajj Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am in the process of doing the Asajj costume. I am working with a great costumer, and hopefully will figure it out. There are so many versions of it; I am going to try the concept version.
  15. Ja-De-Cloudia Jedi Padawan

With proper posture, I'm sure you could make your neck look long enough. I could always do what the Padaung tribe of Burma does and try to elongate my neck.... Do you think I'll have enoughtime 'til C3? lol j/k Her neck only looks slightly longer, so I don't think you'll lose the effect. I might just shave my head for the costume. That way I can do aurra, and asajj. There's just something about bald headed dark Jedi bounty hunter types. Full_Body_Asajj, where did you get your reference images for the concept. I've only seen the ones on the Star Wars site.
  16. rvqavalon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Love the name, Full_Body_Asajj. It took me a minute but I just about died when I said it out loud in puzzlement and the light went on.

Sorry, carry on. Appologies.
  17. Vaderkahn Jedi Knight

star 1
    For all those who are torn between being a Stormie/Clonie and a Jedi, Chapter 8 of the CW cartoon is for you. Obi-Wan wearing a Jedi robe/armor combo that was just awesome. And was it just me, or was the helmet a little different than the clone helmets? Higher fin, slightly different T-visor. Granted it's a cartoon and art styles and all, but it looked like it was supposed to be a little more, I dunno, ornate. And the robe/cape complimented the armor well. It was, in fact, a little like a Jedi version of Darth Vader - brown cape, white armor...

Hmmm...so many ideas...
  18. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice Ferd! Somehow i knew you'd be one of the first to try to make this costume!
  19. Jayne Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm still in shock, I have the purple dress half done!

Okay, so not entirely, but it's going to be incredibly easy to adapt the bead and sequin lilac version of the picnic dress I have been working on to become this costume instead. Anyone have any ideas for the 'furry train'? I'm considering either the furry eyelash fabric that's out now, or beading short tails onto fabric.
  20. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    wow Jayne!
    Post some pics soon. Anyone know how to make the hair part? That's where I keep running into difficulties planning this project/
  21. FERDALUMP Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jed--Samantha Thanks [face_blush] but am I that predicatable? LOL! :) I still really want to do the costume--and will, but hit a road block when I tried to find the materials I have in my mind--Plus I have some other things I should be working on--darn committments!

Jayne I thought the "fury" part of the back appeared to resemble the "petals" on the Parade gown--I was planning to do it like that. Chiffon, or organdy petals cut and slightly dyed lavender at the tips. It will give that nice airy and fluffy look without adding a lot of weight to the back of the dress.

For the headpiece I think you could use sculpey clay or even sintra. Both should be easy enough to manipulate and paint accordingly.

~Ferd :)
  22. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    So, we know we'll support each other in MAKING all these costumes, but does our little support group help talk people OUT of doing them? :)

I'm sorely tempted by either Clone War Padme or Asajj, but I just can't fit in another project until Picnic 2.0 and Moulin Rouge have been finished (or started, as the case may be). So, if I even start to suggest I might do it, you all have to talk me down, ok? ;)

Can't wait to see pics of what you all are doing, though!

Regards,
    M.
  23. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Blarharhar!

But, Mirax, I think you would make an awesome Asajj!
    Seriously, picnic 2.0 has been in the works for awhile and the Rougies missed you at the Friday night gathering at D*C this year, so I hope you do get those done in time for next year's festivities. :)
  24. JediMistress Jedi Master

star 2
    So has anyone finished this costume yet? Jayne? I'm really interested to see what people come up with. I won't be able to even attempt it until next year at least.
  25. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    You know what I'd really like to see?

A Durge costume. It'd be a ton of work, but if it came out nicely it'd be so worth it. The taller Vaders out there can handle the height, or those who wear stilts. You'd have to get his intimidating size right to pull it off well. Imagine all the cool little gizmos you could put in the armor. The guys/gals at TDH would have a field day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.