main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    The other night I fell asleep on the couch while my husband played video games. He didn't want to wake me up to move me but before he went to bed he put the cape over me like a blanket. He's so sweet!

That is super sweet -- Pictures? :)

2. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    No photos. That probably would've woken me up. :)

3. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Karma Thats so sweet of the hubby :) I like the look of the fur on it better than the feathers, its making me rethink my options (even though I already have the feathers). I was walking in SOHO today and say a scarf thing that a street vendor was selling, it was fur but bright purple, I was tempted to ask if they had light blue hehe.

On a side note, I'm stumped on the wig for the Purple Diamonds :( Any suggestions from people who have made headpeices before? The fabric and ornaments aren't the problem, its the hair :(
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/mysecretstash/websize/clone%20hair.bmp.jpg]

4. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    You might want to check the threads for Padme's EpII senate gown and EpII packing gown, as there is a similar hair problems going on there as well.

I believe folks who made those costumes used a wire frame covered in hair (faux? made from extensions? Not sure) close in color to their own.

5. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    My goodness Danakin, awesome costume. I love the 'metal' hand by the way, caught my eye the most. How on earth did you do that? And the boots are beautiful.

6. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Do you guys think a Shiny Lycra body suit would look OK for the Snow Bunny? I'm working on a limited budget and found a place in CA (Danny's Warehouse) that has the long sleeve turtle neck body suits for $10 :eek: (every other place was like $40), I got the hoodie part at another dance supplier for $12 in the same material. So far this costume is still under $50. I got my feathers in the other day and they are the perfect color :D
    I should be getting my fleece in today and I can start the cape tonight :D All I need now are boots and gloves (my big feet and long fingers are making that difficult :( ).

Karma For your cape, did you just use a half circle with an attached hood?

Weeeeee I get to use my new Dress Dummy tonight :D

7. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    I think it would work fine, and then wouldn't be too warm too. And at that price - heck! I say go for it!

8. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    In the words of Cartman...

But mehhhhhhh.

Grrr my package was classified as 'Undeliverable'. My apt is right NEXT TO the darn mail boxes! The address was correct on my package, I was really hoping to start this tonight :( Now I have to call the Post Office at 8am tomorrow morning and arrange for them to redeliver it(hopefully they find my apartment [face_worried]).

At least I got some tee shirts I ordered - I wasn't even expecting them today, though I'd like to know how they found me to deliver the shirts but not my fabrico_O:rolleyes:

9. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    <<<<Karma For your cape, did you just use a half circle with an attached hood? >>>

Yep!

10. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks Karma :D

The delivery man said after I asked him if he could redilver it "Yeah, yeah, I know that apartment, yeah I'll deliver it - I know where you are." If he knows where I am... why don't I have my fabric???

11. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    Oh, Benae, I feel your pain.
    I stopped having things delivered to my apartment (at least by UPS), because I had so many similarly stupid problems... including numerous "Attempt was made; no one was home" reasons for not receiving packages when my husband and I were sitting right in the living room where our front door is. Blargen.

I will think good fabric delivery thoughts on your behalf. ;)

12. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Good news and sort-of-bad news.

Good news; I got my fabric :D
    Bad news; it was a LOT more dirty than the seller told me :( and it wasn't white, it's kind of off white :(

I decided to keep it anyway, its nice and light cleaned easily enough. I already made the cape last night, I'm trimming it in my spare time at work LOL I found some leftover silk lining and decided to line it anyway, I like the look alot. I think I may end up wearing this just for heck - looks like one of those ponchos that everyone's wearing anyway :D Besides, it's NYC, I go out as Leia and people don't think twice :) :D

Pics coming soon. Pippin wanted to help out with the feathers, and I have a picture of him playing in the boa LOL

13. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I had a BLAST today at Big Apple Con! I wore just the cloak, because the rest of my costume wasn't ready, everyone loved it anyway :)

Check out who really liked my cloak ;)
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/swnyc/bigapplecon/websize/L1030496.JPG]

He called me Trisha Biggar and needed me to clasp it around his neck LOL :D :D :D :D

14. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    heehee! How cuddly you all look! Thanks for posting the pic!
  15. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    That is a FABULOUS picture -- I know you will treasure it always!

16. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    tee-hee! That's awesome Benae! :D

17. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Dumb question from me, but is that Daniel Logan? I can't tell for sure since his hair is darker and he's not doing his trademark 'thumbs up' gesture! :p

Great picture though!

18. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Yep thats him :D I have more pics here and here :) :D

19. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Ugh, I've already got the 're-do' bug on the snowbunny costume LOL. I think my trim may be too blue and the cape itself is too creamy colored. My fiance's is going to kill me for starting yet ANOTHER re-do LOL That trim took forever too (about 6 hours) :( Maybe if I sell the cape he won't be so upset (he also doesn't like how it sheds all over). I got my unitard in and it's VERY sheer, even with tights underneath :( Should I get another pair of tights and try that?

*Goes off to search some more for boots and gloves...*

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh Benae, I feel your re-do angst. I always have it. ;)

I know this costume is totally up to interpretation because it's a cartoon, but in my head Padmé would wear that cape made out of sumptuous fabrics and a pale/muted color for the fur.
    So, if I were going to make this costume, I would make the fur trim a very light ice blue color and the cape out of a plush white velveteen lined with a satin that matched the fur.
    I've been toying with whether or not to just make this costume because I love it so much....still deciding. ;)

I hope you can figure out a way to make your unitard not so sheer. Maybe two pairs of tights will do the trick, like you say. I hope I hope! *fingers crossed* :D

21. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    I recently bought some white flat mink velvet for a winter wedding gown I'm making, and I must say, it seems like it might make a good choice for Padmé's cape... it's almost like a very short pile plush (imagine a combination of suede and rabbit fur and you're getting pretty close) and it's soft as butter. Yummy!

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Oooo! That sounds like a beautiful fabric for it. :)

23. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    Ooo, yes it does. Are you going to share your supplier, Surly? I'd love to at least get a sample . . .

24. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    D'oh! I should have posted a link when I first mentioned it!

Flat mink velvet

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    That's yummy looking fabric. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.