main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars different then Labrynth of Evil

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ob-wan-shawa, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I think this board would be a good place to post this not sure where it fits. Well I'v been thinking. Yeah well the way Clone Wars ends into ROTS and the way Labrynth of Evil does are so not the same. They you know are the same time period and same thing but different stuff is happeneing...

2. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I think it's safe to assume that the opening crawl for ROTS will be a three paragraph summery of LOE.

!snap

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They are basicly the same- LOE being the more accurate depiction of events, while CW shows a few events that occur between scenes in the novel as well as adaptations of certain scenes from the novel, simplified for the cartoon audience/style.

4. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    It seems like both the novel and the series have the same keywords in them (but I haven't read the crawl, so I can't be sure on this). It's obvious that both were taking these elements and did their thing with them.
    It's up to you to decide whether you like the idea of both "happening at the same time", EU people have already incorporated most of it in the larger chronology. Personally, I don't like the idea of putting them together and see them as two different versions that I can both enjoy.

Regarding the differences... (remember, these are originally contradictions - explanations for them are valid, but mad ein hindsight):

- Anakin and Obi-Wan: In CW, after a planetary battle, they are sent to Nelvaan to locate Grievous before they are called to Coruscant (by general signal). In LoE, after a planetary battle, they are on an ongoing mission to hunt down clues regarding Darth Sidious before they are sent to confront Dooku. Dooku escapes and goes to Coruscant. The heros are also called back there (by personal message from Palpatine).

- Nelvaan: In CW, Anakin and Obi-Wan try to find Grievous here, and instead Anakin is sent on a spirit quest / rescue mission by the local population. In LoE, Dooku's ship makes a stop in the Nelvaan system to confuse any trackers. The heros, however, seem to directly go to Coruscant because of the message.

- Palpatine's capture: In CW, Palpatine is first assaulted in his office, and is brought to the shelter by Shaak Ti and two other Jedi by foot. In between, they fight at a train station. Finally, Palpatine and the two Jedi enter the bunker alone to find Grievous waiting. Grievous makes a point in humiliating, but not killing Shaak Ti. Mace Windu tries to stop Grievous in the last instant, but fails.
    In LoE, there is no fight in the office. Palpatine is accompanied by a troop of security people / guards, Shaak Ti and Stass Allie (I think...), and Mace Windu and Kit Fisto. Mace and Kit have to fight off Grievous on a train transporting the group to the shelter. At the shelter, four Jedi await Palpatine and protect him together with security. The "main Jedi" do other things. Grievous enters the bunker by entering the code, kills everyone (with help from his droids) and takes Palpatine.

Mace: In CW, Mace is at the temple when the battle begins. In LoE, he's still tracking Sidious at the Senate building.

Padmé: In CW, she's helping to evacuate the building she's living in, even giving orders to Typho. In LoE, she's in a speeder with fellow senators. The speeder gets shot down and the group has to fight in the streets, with Padmé being in a shock state.

Grievous/Dooku: OK, minor thing... In CW, Dooku encourages Grievous to fight in unorthodox ways (like with his feet), and in LoE, Dooku, all the swordsmaster, even complains in thought about the need for more than one saber and the bad fighting style. While Dooku could "lie" in CW when he encourages Grievous, it still sticks out as extremely contradictional behaviour.

This would be a start. Did I overlook anything...? ;)

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well a few of those things can easily both occur (such as Mace on the train, later followed by Mace crushing Grievous- as Mace is usinga gunship inbetween in the novel, so that tracks; the fight in Palpatine's office can be worked out as well by simply inserting the fight with Grievous into the novel's fightw ith the droids).

>> Mace: In CW, Mace is at the temple when the battle begins. In LoE, he's still tracking Sidious at the Senate building.<<

Thats easy enough- he goes from the Senate building to the Jedi Temple and arrives before the Seppie forces reach the temple/Yoda notices them.

>>Padmé: In CW, she's helping to evacuate the building she's living in, even giving orders to Typho. In LoE, she's in a speeder with fellow senators. The speeder gets shot down and the group has to fight in the streets, with Padmé being in a shock state.<<

Same deal- she was in her apartment building, and met up with Bail and Mon Mothma at the senate building afterwards.

6. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah that list was all the changes I saw though I didn't ven notice the Padme one, and it seems why theres a feasible answer. Yes those are answereble but still all the points brought up the list that I thought but didn't write most are still different. t's not possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.