main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Clone Wars Dinner Event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    It looks like the Friday night of the weekend of the Clone Wars release is the night that we need to have our Dinner/Movie event, shoudl we go ahead with it. This gives those of you with potential work conflicts more than 6 weeks to try to change your schedules so you ca be at the event. As we said at the meeting, if we do this, we need to do it well. That means 100% participation from ALL of the members. Understandably, not everyone will be able to make arrangements to attend the event, but please do your best to try to be there. If you cannot make it, we will expect you to contribute in some significant way during the planning stages of the event. I am not personally comfortable in using my little free time and energy I have currently on beginning to advertise and promote an event that everyone does not seem supportive of. Please make your opinions and/or your willingness to be involved known here in the coming days. I hope we can pull it together as a group!

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Steve,

I'm in. We have talked a little about it so far and I'm sure we'll talk more. I'll do what ever I can to make this work. I'll talk to Ralph this week and see what we can come up with for the shop. I know they will be having a get together to go to the movie like we did with Indy. So if we can get that many people to show up before hand for a meal. We may just beable to pull it off.

We'll talk.

Later,
    TK

3. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I'll check with Amanda, but I think that is the weekend that we head for the beach in Maryland with my mom and the kids.

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    So I guess going forward, we need to look at these things:

5. What theater we want to have the event at, and inquire if we can get a reduced rate on the tickets

6. Print up tickets for the dinner (if we are going to have a set amount, after all we don't want to oversell the movie tickets), and determine price

7. Plan on how we want to advertise

8. Have a banner created for the event

9. I'm pretty much guessing between the movie tickets and the printing of dinner tickets that would eat up most if not all the funds that we have now. Or am I overstating how much stuff we have to do here? Any corners we can cut?

10. sy_snoodles

sy_snoodles Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2008
    Friday should be fine. If we go on vacation we will be leaving Saturday morning. I don't think we need to have tickets made up for the dinner and movie. There are tickets that we can buy that come in two. When people buy the tickets they get both parts. when they show for dinner we take one part and for the movie take the other part. These tickets are about $10.00 for roll of thousand. I have rolls I will give to the group. Steve is right though. If we want to do this we need to decide now. I will need to ask permison to use the cafe which I dont see a problem.

11. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    Just let me know what I can do to help. From the preparations to the night of the event, I'm available. If you want it, I can pm you my number, might make communication easier during the planning stages of this.

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Another thought popped into my head... are we going to need a license or anything since we are doing a fund raiser, or at least something from Make A Wish? I have no idea how this works... maybe TK knows?

13. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    We wont' need a license to make a donation. We won't be acting on the organizations behalf, only as our own group who will make a donation. We can ask them, once we get going, if they want to add any signs ffrom their organization to have out during the event.

It's good to see posts on here about the event, but we still need commitments to actually do some of the things that have been discussed. I'll see what I can do to make a "to-do" list that folks can commit to a task and complete it. We still need to hear from Brandon, Andy, Tara, and Pete. Getting commitments from everyone for that Friday evening will double our work force.

John, maybe a poll for who can attend on that particular day?? Not sure how else to get folks to say a clear yes or no about attending the event...

I'm on vacation in SC but will try to check in a couple of times during hte week....

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Steve,

I'll talk to Ralph about the plan this week and see how he can help. I know he'd like it and I'm sure he can get a lot of people to go for it. So we'll see.

As for Brandon, he is also on vaction this week in MI. he'll be back next monday I think. I know he'll help anyway he can. The only thing by then he'll be back at work and I know he works fridays. So it maybe harder for him on that day. But we'll see.

As for me.... by than I'll have acouple extra days saved up and I'll most likely take a couple off. Like Thursday and Friday to help. I have the weeekend off because I'll be doing the 501st event as well in Danvers MA. But it will not miss up helping with ours.

I'm sure we'll talk more about it. I'll let know what I come up with.

SeeYa,
    TK

15. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey,

I need the name of the place we are going to be having the dinner? I know it in Dover right? Just let me know. Thanks

later,
    TK

16. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    Millworks Cafe in the Cocheco Mills Building.

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks James!

SeeYa,
    TK

18. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    So far, I am still not comfortable proceeding with this knowing that we have only 4 or 5 of us committed to preparing and attending the event. We need to do this very well and need to dedicate a lot of time to it. If there are only 4 or 5 of us doing the work of 9 or 10 people, there's going to be a lot of last minute things getting done because of "life" constraints...

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003

LoL!

Steve.... breath! [face_hypnotized]

Enjoy your vacation. I have it all under control. Believe it? Or Not! lol One of me is as good as ten of anyone else. lol [face_dancing]

When you get back... I'll get you all caught up on EVERYTHING. I'll have it all done. In writing... all written up on a nice broad for you to check over. lol I know how U are.

We have a date, times, food, drink, desserts, live entertainment, some sponsorship, tickets in the works, movie tickets on the way and a set price. We have even worked out some thing on clean up. lol How's that for doing some work? lol

By the time you get back... we'll be good to go. Relax enjoy the family. We'll talk, no worries. [face_praying]

Now for everyone else reading this. I will have most of the detail coming soon. I do not wish to post anything at this time because I have a few more phone calls to make. I'll have something for you all be Sunday night. Till then........... you all relax as well.

SeeYa,
    TK

20. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    I just want to know what kind of "broad" is going to let you write on her...o_O

21. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    One that charges 25 grand a night? [face_laugh]

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh....

Don't you worry I can find them cheap. Just as Brandon. lol [face_laugh]

SeeYa,
    TK

23. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    TK,
    I was talking about the actual event itself, not just the preparations. What's the count on actual attendance the night of the event?? And I really don't appreciate being told to settle down when I only have the groups' best interest in mind. I'm sure all have different ideas about what this event will entail and how much work needs to go into it.

It's great that you have all of that done already and I look forward to seeing it. I do have some free, local, online event calendars that I use for chorale events that I can post the event on once I have the details.

I'll be back in NH tomorrow night and will be more available to help and communicate about the event. Tuesday and I have brainstormed a detailed to-do list leading up to the event and possible activites at the dinner.

--Steve

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm thinking with all that we have to prepare for this dinner, is meeting at Jetpack this coming Sunday really a good idea? I'm thinking that it will be busy there with a fair amount of distraction. Should we perhaps meet at a place more quiet?

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ummmmmm.....

First off ...

Steve, I was not asking you to settle down in anyway. I was playing with you, you know joking. HaHa... You were on vacation and should be enjoying it. That's all I was trying to get a cross. We have work out everything we need to, to this point. I believe once we sit down and talk you'll feel a little better. Amanda and I will get you "Good To Go" this week. It is way better to have just the 3 of us doing the mean work on this. This will make it much easier in the long run I promise. When we have the details worked out. We will let everyone in on it. We'll know what is needed from them and ask people to help at that point. To many hands in a pot this big.... is just going to make a mess. :oops:

We have worked out more than just the basics and I told you we'd talk when you got back. So till then.

John..... You may have a good idea. But it is up to everyone else. I don't care either way. It's only a 5 min drive for me to JetPack. You all are more than welcome to have it here if you'd like. Again NO big deal. It only 5 more min to my place. Just let me know. We still are able to us the community room in my building.

SeeYa,
    TK

26. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I think the meeting at Jetpack is still a good idea, to get people up to speed with what is going on. From what I understand, we will have the "back room" where it is at least semi-private. It will also count as our July meeting. If you can't make it, let me know and I can compile the minutes.

27. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I can make it no problem, I was just thinking that it would be better to have a more quiet environment with less interruptions. But I'm game for Jetpack if everyone else is.

28. sy_snoodles

sy_snoodles Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2008
    TK, I didn't forget about you. I am still waiting on my client. She left early today and I will talk with her tomorrow. I will be there at the cafe on Thursday if you want to come by and see the place. Steve maybe you could come too. I will be happy to buy both of you lunch. I should have all the answers for you by then TK. Let me know if you are going to stop in for lunch. We are open fron 7-2pm.

29. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Hi Snootles & everyone,
    I'm back from SC and sorting thought the piles of stuff to be unpacked. Fun. Depending upon what time TK is meeting you, I may be able to make it down. The kids have swim lessons from 12-1, so it might be tight to work around that.
    Hopefully we can hammer out the details this week so we can start posting some advertising a month before the event. Looking forward to hearing about all the hard work you guys have done on this so far!
    As for the meeting, I think Jetpacks will be fine. There won't be 6 or 8 kids running around like there was last meeting and we still seemed to get some accomplished then. Seems to me the focus should be on the logo and reviewing what needs to happen for the clone wars event. Has a time been posted for the meeting??

30. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I had planed on going early in the morning. I have some things to do as well that day. You can give me a call if you wish Steve.

As for the meeting at Jetpack the time is from 12pm to 4pm. Give or take. You are all on your own for FOOD & DRINK this meeting. IF you wish to have something BRING it. Ralph will not have anything for us. Plus there is no place to keep it. He does however sell drinks in the store. I'm sure he'd like the extra business.

I have been ask if anyone would like to come earlier that day and hit a yard sale or two. Possiblily going to the flea market. This is not a problem. If anyone would liketo go and do this please just let me know. We would have to leave nice and early. 8-}

Till Sunday........

SeeYa,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.