New Hamp Clone Wars Dinner Event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Just an update on progress since yesterday and a few things that were discussed.

1) To open a checking account for the group, we need to have a Tax ID # showing that we are non-profit organization. I don't know how we do this or how we have to handle our accounting down the road. I know from chorale, we have to file tax paperwork each year to show we aren't profitting from our events. If anyone has experience with this, please let me know.

2) Andy has given me a few versions of the logo and we are workign out the details to get it to work on actual paper.

3) We have a group email address: nhmandalorians@gmail.com
  2. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I thought of a solution to the checking account issue. Perhaps we can ask Ralph at Jetpacks to have the checks written to the shop? Then he can either sign them over to me or write a new check for the amount paid via check. This would avoid any issues with the IRS and us having to become an official non-profit group with lots of accounting requirements....any thoughts? other suggestion?
  3. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Here's the text from the flier that I made up. Obviously there are some logos and images on it and the text is formatted, but this gives you all an idea of what's on it. Pete, check this with what you posted on the website and add any info you can.

STAR WARS
    ?The Clone Wars?
    Dinner & Movie Night
    Friday, August 15th 6PM
    Presented by:
    The New Hampshire Mandalorians, the only Lucasfilm approved fan club in NH, & the New England Garrison of the 501st Legion, the premiere worldwide Imperial costuming club!
    A portion of all proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

Event Includes:
    Buffet Dinner at The Millworks Café in Cocheco Mills,
    383 Central Ave., Dover, 6-8PM
    Live entertainment by acoustic artist Matt Marcil
    Kids activities, photo opportunities with costumed characters, door prizes, raffles, silent auctions for Star Wars collectibles, & more!
    Showing of ?Star Wars: The Clone Wars? following dinner and entertainment (Theatre and show time TBA)

Tickets are $25 ($15 for children 6 & under) and may be purchased at The Millworks Café in Dover & Jetpack Comics in Rochester.
    For more information or ticket requests, call (603) 866-6466 or email nhmandalorians@gmail.com

Seating is limited, so please reserve your tickets by August 13th!
    Sponsored By:

thelemontreecaterers.com jetpackcomics.com shutterfly.com/pro/
    1-800-660-7979 112 Portland Street steverennerphotography/nature
    Dover, NH Rochester, NH
  4. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Just as a reminder, I will be out of town starting tomorrow and will be back the night of August 4th. We should plan to have a meeting no less than one week prior to the event to see where things stand.
  5. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok all.......

Just to clear up a few things. First off........

We need to get out there and find a way to SELL tickets!! I'll start calling around this week to get numbers from you all on what if any? You have sold. I truely hope your are ALL going out in your neighborhoods, where you work. Heck even at your Doctors offices. And tring to sell these ticket. Remeber they don't even need to go for all that matters. Tell to just make the donation for Make-A-Wish.

I have only talked to a few people now and the numbers so far... are not looking good. :_| If you live in an apartment, place a flier on all the bluidings. I have one posted inside every one door were I live. I put one up at the Shaw's the other day as well. They have a community broad in front of the store. I asked the Store Manager and they put it up.

I know Jetpack is up to like 9 sold to date. I have 10 sold myself so far. You realy have to get out and move these tickets. It's going to be kind of sad if we have more volunteers at this thing than paying people.

Which bring me to the next matter......

I'd like to clarify something here. We as members DO have to buy our own tickets. I am sorry. Regaurdless of who you are and what you have done for the group. What you are doing for helping out. WHATEVER! We talked about this at the meeting. We also talked about the reasons we have to buy the tickets ourself as well. I know some of you all out there want discounted tickets and things like that.

Well..... to bad.

I dont mean to sound mean or rude.... but for this to work we need to sell tickets. We have to be able to cover the cost of hosting the event. Right now it is looking like this is going to be around $12/15 dollors of the ticket going to cover the cost of everything. Leaving use clearing around $10 per ticket. You do the math.

Now if someone comes up to me and say's "Hey, TK I just sold you 100 ticket" Well guess what You eat FREE! Heck, I'll even carry you to the movies. I know these are hard times all around. But you all have known about this event now for while over a month. All most 2, that should have been enought time for everyone to set a couple dollars a side. If you can't bring the whole family due to the cost. Than bring yourself. I have to leave a couple home as well. But I still have to buy the ticket like everyone else.

I want the event to be a BIG success. Like I know everyone else wants. Come on guy's we are doing this to help our group. And to help out a GREAT charity as well. If anyone has any good ideas on how to sell some tickets. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE ! Pass it on.

I know that when Steve get back we are going to be dressing up and heading down town Dover. We're going to go Business to Business and sell tickets. Hopefully collect some nice donation along the way. If it goes well Ralph said it may help to do the same thing in Rochester. We'll see.

One last thing....

I need you all to start letting me know what you may have to donate for the raffels and the silent auction? If anything? We are going to need prizes as well. Remeber we talked about it at the meeting. Anything you have would be great! I'd hate to be the only one giving, which I know I will not be. I would like to THANK John. His work was nice enough to donate a lovely jacket. He is all so working them for more stuff. WAY TO GO JOHN!!

So, please do not read this message and get mad at me. Read it in hopes of getting fired up by me. I would love to tell everyone in the group they can go for free. Heck if we sell 200 plus ticket in the next 2 weeks.... who knows? We may be able to do a discount...But with the maybe 20+ tickets we have now sold. I just can't do any discounts yet.

Everyone be well......... and SELL ! SELL !! SELL !!!

SeeYa,
    TK
  6. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I do have some good news I forgot to mention........

We will be getting a $500 dollar donation from Kohl's! That's right Kohl's department stores. Some of you may know I work there a couple nights a week doing over nights stock. Well....

They have a program there called "Kohl's Cares for Kids". If anyone works in the store and help out with any kind of charity event that helps out kids. All they have to do is get 5 people that work in the store to volunteer for the evnt and they will give that group $500 to their charity.

Well......... I got 5 people to help out. =D= So that $500 in the bank for
    Make-A-Wish!

See it can be done....

SeeYa,
    TK
  7. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    Great job on getting Kohl's donation, TK!
    I picked up 4 Clone Wars action figures with "first day of issue" stickers on them from Target this weekend that I will be donating to the raffle (Anakin, Obi Wan, Captain Rex, and a Droid soldier)in case someone wants to complete the set of eight. These are the animated-looking figures, all with actual eye-gouging firing projectiles!
    I have been putting up fliers around my town this weekend.
    Amanda & I have about 4 tickets sold not including the 4 for our family.
  8. Cephas Jedi Knight

star 1
    how do we get copies of the fliers to post around?

9. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Nice James... that Awesome! Maybe I'll see what I can find this week myself to help finsh up the set. Thanks for the great donation. [face_dancing]

James ... by the way could you please have Amanda give me a call. I'd like to see if she is working Thursday. I'll be down town and would like to stop by. I have a few things for her. Thanks.

PETE!!!

All you have to do is ask Buuuudddyyyyy. lol I'll have some sent on to you tomorrow night when I get home. I know Brandon has a few left if you can get with him. I'm sure he'll pass them on. But I will send you over both copy's we have running right now. One is an 8x11 sheet and the other is an 8x14. You can print as many as you need, and I hope you need a lot .lol

Later,
    TK
  10. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    JOHN !!

DId you ever get a chance to check into having this event posted up on the Fanforce home page. If so please let me know what you came up with. I have the approved posting all set to go. I believe I have pulled the Lucas film part from everything so far. lol

So let me know what you came up with. If your not sure how we do it thats cool. I can all ways just forward it to Strawberry and have her do it. Thanks.

SeeYa,
    TK
  11. flightmech73 Jedi Knight

star 2
    i gata figure out tickets for my fam. were leaving for ohio on the 8th and getting back late on the 12 or possibly sometime on the 13. is it cool to pay if its the 14th. and who is it i give the money too.

thanx
  12. PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Send some fliers up my way, too. I can post them at Shaws up here, too. You never know, someone from down there might be spending time in the mountains.
  13. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I had Tuesday print 100 copies over 2 weeks ago of the flier....where did they all go???
  14. Cephas Jedi Knight

star 1
    an idea is to post them at any local colleges! Thanks for sending them to me! I plan of littering Nashua with them like the dancing guy from the movie "HOT ROD"!

edit: I picked up a Galactic heroes toy of Luke in black jedi garb and Vader w/removable helmet for the donation drive! I was gonna get the Rise and Fall of Vader book too but Toys R Us raised the price back up to $15.99. :(
  15. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Oops, my bad! :oops:

I contacted Meriwyn yesterday morning and have sent her all the info, so we should see it up on the front page real soon.

16. sy_snoodles Jedi Padawan

those who signed up for decorating and food please let me know if you will be available to help on that friday the 15th.
  17. PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What was the plan for the time on Friday? I know I will have the kids with me as well, but we all look forward to helping.
  18. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Snootles, hopefully we didnt' cause too much of a stir in your building today....but TK and I were very succesful wandering the shops and streets of Dover with fliers. Handed out about 90 fliers, received 2 gift certificates as raffle/door prize items, and pledges from a couple off other businesses to be in touch later with possible contributions. The best location was int he park outside of the new children's museum where TK was swpamped by kids and parents. Hopefully our efforts will pay off with a bunch of ticket requests in the coming days.

Also, I will work on compiling a list of items that I will donate for the silent auctions and door prizes over the weekend. I am sure that I will have at least 5 different lots or items...

I have also emailed an attachment to everyone I know on my personal email list. I know many people are from far away, but am encouragingg people to participate via donations. If each person can do the same for their lists, we could really end up with a sizeable total donation to pass on to Make a Wish. Just be sure to keep track of the funds that people send to you so you can pass it on to the group. 100% of any donations of this type will be given to Make-A-Wish.

Lastly, I can be there anytime on Friday to help set up, possibly even Thursday if needed.
  19. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Less than 2 hours since sending my mass email and I already have a donation coming from a friend in VA!
  20. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I got a response from my work today. I had asked if they could make a donation, but unfortunately they budget out their charitable contributions at the beginning of the fiscal year. However, the site director seemed excited by the idea and if his schedule is clear, will purchase 5 tickets to the event for his family. Here's hoping that he won't be busy!

Other than that, I've been bugging (ok, harassing) co workers about the event but no one has committed yet. I do have one ticket sold to a co worker, I just hope I can get more...
  21. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Just got an email with a donation from a relative in PA... As for tickets, I have the same sort of situation as far as people telling me that want a ticket, but still no money or confirmations in hand. Including my family, I hope to sell at least a dozen tickets. 20-25 would be ideal...
  22. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    I made the mistake of posting notices about our event in other forums, like the Clone Wars forum and fan cativities. They labled me a "spammer" and banned me from posting until I sent them an "un-ban request." Let this be a warning. I am upset that this is considered spam since a) it is for a charitable event and b) I would think that informing users on other boards about an event that they might not otherwise be informed about is what the boards are about.
    By the way, Baron, I saw you ont the Massachusetts boards. Any interest generated from that?
  23. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    So far the response seems to be positive. WifeofVader, the co-CR, contacted TK so hopefully a group from the Mass. boards will join us Friday! :D

As for the 'spamming' charge, sounds like a fanboy is trying to throw around his 'supposed' weight on the boards, and I wouldn't worry about it...
  24. Cephas Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree with the Baron. Send a note to the moderator and just explain to them why you did it. I'm sure they'll understand. Being a former moderator for the boards at a popular video game site (withholding the name of the company for security reasons, feel free to ask me at the next meet.) Posting the same thing on multiple forums. technically, is spamming, but considering the cause they shouldn't have banned you. A tap on the wrist at best, honestly - and the company I worked at ruled the boards with an iron fist! So I'd just take this as someone with an Emperor Complex.
  25. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry about that James. John is right, just some Fanboy thinking he's cool. To bad I did not do it. I would have loved to see them "TRY" to band me. lol That would have made my week. Just send a quick note to the Mod. if they say anything let me know. I'll contact Mar. or Straw for you have get it cleared. :-B

Other than that......

It sounds like everyone is starting to have some luck on selling tickets. I sold 4 more today (Cash in Hand) I have 5 more on the Reservation list for the night. So far ..... so good. That bring me up to Ummmmmmm... I think 11 since Tuesday? I think... but we are headed in the right direction. lol =D=

As you all start selling more tickets please let me know the counts. I'd like to be able to get a number to Amanda by Wed/Thur. for a head count for food and stuff.

I will be off on Thursday & Friday this week for set up. I will be a the Mills on Thursday to set the map for the night. I'll be going over the lay out. Working on decoration ideas? As well as doing the bag stuffing. I'll be picking up all the stuff that morning.

I figure it will be a good time to get all the supplies together as well. Balloon, standees ect. So if anyone would like to help out please just let me know. I have a lot on the books for that day so any help would be GREAT ! [face_praying]

Amanda ....If you could please just let me know what time is best that I can come by on Thursday and what time we can start set up on Friday. That would be awesome. Thanks!!

Ok Guy's....... Go sell tickets......!!!!! [face_peace]

Oh Yeah!! One more thing........ Just added!! Paying with a Credit Card!! We can now take credit card payment with paypal. If people would like they can now send the payment for tickets to the following Paypal address.

nhmandalorians@gmail.com

That's right I have just set us up a paypal account. Going forward we can take any kind of Credit card Payments, a long with any donations!! Very cool. If you do have anyone that would like to make a payment on line PLEASE let them know to included the following in the comments:

NAME
    PHONE #
    EMAIL
    and the NUMBER of tickets they need / are paying for.

The paypal confirmation will be their rec. for the tickets. As soon as I have the payment and it has cleared. They will rec. a confirmation email from me with a ticket numbers to add to the paypal rec. All they have to do is bring in the Paypal statment Rec paper with them, it will be their ticket! How cool is that... and easy!! [face_dancing]

So if any one out there would like to pick up their tickets that way GO FOR IT!! That way you do not have to worry about getting cash, writing a check... any of that. I'm going to pay that way myself. I will give Steve all the info on the account. The best part is I can forward all funds raised right to Make-A-Wish. In the future donation to the group can be forward right to the savings account Steve got up and running.

So please write down the address and remember we can NOW do Credit Cards! YEAH BABY!! It feels good to be moving up in the world. lol [:D]

I'll talk to everyone soon.

Seeya,
    TK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.