main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Clone Wars Dinner Event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Just got a $20 cash donation from friends. Also picked up a Pirate Brandon Pez dispenser for the raffle.

2. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I need ticket totals sold from each person ASAP. If it's not something you have already reported to TK, please either post here or let him know. I will be fronting the money for the movie ticket advance sales, so we need to be accurate about this. I would like to place the order no later than Wednesday, so please reply.

3. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    T-minus 72 hours. Here's what I am working on:

Finalizing pre-purchase of tickets with Regal. What a PIA! So far, without any number from Jetpacks, we are looking at 80 people in attendance. This includes member tickets. Good turnout!

Printing up fliers to put in the goodie bags with ads looking for new members.

Pulling a box of stuff for decorations/raffle prizes from my attic.

Working with Rochester Walmart to get some donations in exchange for us helping to promote the FU game in September. I wouldn't ccount on anything at this point. I'll see what I can do for us in September if they dont' come through this week.

Gathering up decorating supplies for Thursday (pushpins, staplers, tape, pads of paper, markers, etc.

Tuesday is making 50 or 60 copies from a Clone Wars coloring book for the kids table. I will bring a box of used crayons that we have accumulated here. TK, do you have the facepaints we didn't us at FCD?

Who can be there on Thursday and at what time to begin basic set-up and decorating?

4. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Counting myself I was only able to gather one ticket. :( I did post about 100 fliers at various location in souther Nashua, so I hope at least a few tickets sold that way.

I won't be able to make it up there for decorating either. Being 90 minutes away makes it difficult for me to do that. I'm hoping we can do future events more to the center of all of us like in Concord or Manchester, maybe?

5. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'll be there Thursday along with Brandon.

I'm think 1/2pm. After they are closed from lunch would be best. We can do the map set up and stuff the bags as well. Thursday morning I'll pull the stuff I have going out of storage.

I have standee to go up. I picked up all the ballons and streamers today. So we are set there. Steve... Please remember to check on the air. Thanks!

John well be dropping off the placemats and music for me tomorrow. We can make all the copy's we need Thursday morning at Stapels.

We are up to 5 members from the 501st. now! Plus we may just have an R2 as well. Everyone prey!! lol [face_praying]

Ok..... that's it for now.

SeeYa,
    TK

PS> I have to call Amanda !! Steve if you talk with her see when she needs the finally numbers on people to help get set up for food. I think she had said by thursday would be good? I think by Friday we would be at 100 or over!! I will have the desert in on Thursday/Friday morning.

PSS> We just recieved our first Paypal payment tonight guy's. That 5 more tickets sold!! =D=

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll be helping set up Thursday after work, so I should be there around 4-ish. Remind me that I have to mapquest this....

I'm getting really excited guys! :D

7. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
  8. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    TK,
    Have you been in touch with the 2 stores who gave us gift certificates to get their fliers/ads for the bags? I will get copies of our group ad made locally here.
    I will be calling the rental place for helium and finalizing the movie tickets during regular business hours today. I am still waiting to hear abotu Jetpacks ticket sales.

9. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    I just read the Boston Globe article. It says we are donating *ALL* the proceeds from the event to Make A Wish. I thought we were doing a portion?

10. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up to help with our event. From reports that I got, it seemed that everyone enjoyed it. It seems, too, that we need to work on our planning skills for future events to go more smoothly.
    I would be interested in knowing the amount that we made and the expenses. How should we decide upon how much to donate? Perhaps a poll?

Anyway, great job for our first time. =D=

(Snootles and I are on vacation this next week and will check back upon our return.)

11. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I too wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the hard work. Perhaps we should each make a list of what worked and what didn't, as well as some constructive ideas for how to correct the problems we encountered.

I am working on the money questions this afternoon. I still need to get a paypal total and some checks cashed that were written to TK to have the final numbers, as well as his last-minte expenses. THen I will duduct costs. I think it would be a good idea to agree on a percentage before I release the amount of the total net income generated. I don't want our decision to be swayed by greed. That leads to the dark side...

12. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    But...the Dark Side is more fun! ;P

Seriously though..let's look at Gross Total minus Costs first and see what is left over before we can decide.

I had a really great time last night and I was watching the kids and they clearly were overjoyed by it all. I think we did something very special for a lot of people. This was an event that will be remembered by everyone for a long time! I guess the Force really is a unifying field that surround us and binds us all together.

Some information I'd like to post on the web site in relation to this are:
    1) all pictures from the event
    2) numbers of attendees
    3) and of course the amount donated to Make A Wish
    4) I'd also like to post some info on the Make A Wish Family we had at the event last night if you have it. I think it would be nice to post on the site.

Once we compile what worked/didn't work..we can start planning our next event and hopefully give ourselves more time to execute it.

All I know right is that our next meeting is going to be *PACKED* with stuff to talk about, so we should plan on a long meeting schedule next time!!

13. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I have a good estimate of the gross - expenses = net profit at the moment. I will have the exact amount after TK has a chance to breathe. The net profit is the number that I would NOT like to discuss until after we have decided on a percentage to donate. I think our first thought should be for the charity, then for ourselves. I spoke with James via phone earlier today and we were discussing donating 55% of the net proceeds from tickets, raffles, and silent auctions, plus 100% of all specifically donated money (plus the donation Kohls is making in our name). We received $220 in donations. Any thoughts?

Pete, I will upload photos tomorrow. do you have info for our photobucket account? John has given it to me twice, and I've lost it both times...or I can email you the pictures for the web site tha way they are better quality.

14. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Number of attendees, including guests, volunteers, sponsors, and make a wish familes was 115 people. Awesome for our first go at an event like this.

We did forget, however, to include the gift certificates that were donated by local businesses in our door prizes. I think we also forgot the jacket that was donated by John's employer. I have an idea with what to do with the gift certificates...more on that later.

15. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    sent a PM with Photobucket info.

please put the photos in a new folder for event.
    Also, if you want, you can send me some of the pics too and I will post some of the better ones directly on the site. I'm really proud of what we accomplished as a group!

As for 55%? That sounds good to me!

16. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I will try to post the pics tonight...As for the donation to make a wish, we will be sending them $1000 (including specifically designated donations received in advance of the event), plus Kohl's will be contributing another $500 in the name of our group. I think this is fantastic!

I will update our group budget at the next meeting...

17. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Just to clarify, I have only posted what we are donating to make a wish -- and the 1500 includes donated money from individuals and Kohls contribution. I will fill everyone in on the state of our own budget at the next meeting.

18. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Pics are posted on photobucket. Pete, I'll email some to you now...

19. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    where are the pic? or how can i see them? are they just yours steve? cause john and tk has some too

20. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    THe pics are in the group photobucket account. Pete should have a link to them up soon on the website, so if anyone else has pics from the CLone Wars dinner, they should all go in the same album on photobucket. I emailed Pete some of the same pics for on our actual web page. It would be nice to get our total numbers of people attending, our donation, and some photos on the site. Amanda mentioned that some of her customers were looking for follow up info...

21. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Also wanted to mention that I collected 4 more donations since the conclusion of the event...another $125 for make-a-wish!

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I uploaded the pics I had this evening. Not a lot to choose from, but some just the same. I'll have to check with Dianna to see what pics she took at the event

23. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    The trolley driver (the trolley that stops at the Mills) apparently had his and his grandchildren's pictures taken with some folks in costume outside the building next to the trolley before our dinner. He has been bugging Amanda constantly ever since to find those photos somewhere. If anyone knows who took these pictures can they find their way to the photo section of the NHMandalorians website? Thank you very much.

24. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's...

I need EVERYONE & ANYONE who has photos from the Clone Wars Diner to PLEASE send them to me. I need the pictures or the links to them ASAP!!

The 501st. lost the photos they had. They are in need of new ones for the photo display they do at SMF. Plus they need them for the year book so to say. It is the only event they have no picuters of. I only have a few from the set up myself.

So anything you guy's have would be great. Thanks!! Please send them on. If you need my email address let me know.

SeeYa,
    TK

25. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Don't know if anyone saw this, but Sweet on Geeks has a video of our event on their website. It's pretty nice!

video

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.