main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA "CLONE WARS DISCUSSION THREAD - SPOILERS ALLOWED - BE WARNED!",

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, it's come down from Administrations that each Fan Force and Region may have ONE spoiler thread for the Clone Wars Movie. In that thread they are allowed to discuss the movie at length, show 'spoilers' and generally talk about it in detail. But only ONE thread per Fan Force and one for the Oceania boards. So this is the SAFF Thread, it's clearly marked as a spoiler alert, so all know the drill.

Hope everyone enjoys it on Sunday!

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    And it was made so. The people rejoiced for they knew it was good.

There endeth the lesson.

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Looked at the figures in Big W today. The little blurbs on the back kinda give away some plot points ... I read one (on the Obi-Wan one), and put it back :p Figures look good though!

... And apparently Anakin turns out to be Darth Vader! :eek:

4. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    I actually know very little so far on this one...

Some character names... etc... nothing major.
    Usually I research until I know the film backward before I see it.
    This one I'm going in blind one....

Should be interesting.

5. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I was just handed a pass for an advance screening on Saturday morning (Sat 11:30 pm SA time). I'll wait till others there have seen it to post my POV but I'm looking forward to discussing it once you are all back from your screening! :)

I am much like Evil in that I normally tear a movie apart before seeing it but this time I'm going in with little to no info on it apart from seeing the trailer in the cinema.

6. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    I normally LOVE spoilers, but in this case I'm just not as excited, excited yes, but not the same. Whether it's because it's animated or set as an in between movie I'm not sure. Having said all that, still very much looking forward to seeing it :D

7. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I'm a lot less excited because it's animated. Still, it's Star Wars so I'm going ;) I'm much more curious about the live action TV series they are planning.

8. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    You lot of HEATHENS........ [face_shame_on_you]

It's Star Wars - I couldn't be any more excited if I tried..... :D

9. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Some might suggest the animated characters might have more character than the wooden human acting in the Episodes 1 - 3...

10. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Great point Skipp.... gotta agree with you.

11. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I've seen CLONE WARS and I am bursting to discuss it but I will wait to say anything until after you've been later today! I will say that I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it being as it is animated.

12. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    Was good. Looking forward to seeing it again

13. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    I loved it - though I might have missed some of it due to General Kenobi snoring next to me ;)

I think it had a lot more of the 'lived in' universe look to it, not as clean and shiny as the prequels were, and getting back more to the original trilogy. The 'documentary' camera feel to the initial battles was great.

I want to see it again :)

14. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    I loved it too. It had a great pace, good action sequences and was overall pretty awesome. Looking forward to the tv series! :)

15. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Impressed me and I'm not much on computer graphics, I found the storyline quite enjoyable and I liked seeing more of the clone wars, I can't wait for the television series now. :)

( http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CS69160

I want one! ;))

16. Commander_Barriss

Commander_Barriss Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2008
    What an awsome movie. I cant wait to see it again. :D

17. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Haha, I said to Jen during the movie that I bet there'll be a plush Stinky released at some point.

I quite liked it. I can't quite reconcile a few minor things like the beginning voice overs, Jabba having a son (think about it...ewww!), the lack of 'real' SW music throughout etc. The complete lack of Grievous bugged me, and I can't believe Mace Windu or Yoda weren't used to any real effect (what a waste). I'm also trying to work out a few logical things that don't quite make sense (ie. where in the timeline does this actually fit etc).

That being said, it really was non-stop action, quite good for the kiddies and adults alike. I like the fact that it really didn't let up for the 90 minutes, nor did it hold back on the violence.

A full review soon...I'm now watching the awesome Tartakovsky animated stuff :)

18. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    As I said, It was Star Wars - I loved it.
    Will definately see it a few times & looking forward to the full series.

I try not to pull it apart to work things out & why... it's entertaining & that's enough for me.

Nice spot with that particular collectibale Aiel.. might have to buy one of those myself.... ;)

19. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I liked it a lot actually ! The only complaint I have was that it seemed to end abruptly.

It lacked an epic lightsaber battle at the end for mine

The clones were very impressive, with their manouverability & their crack shots, what happened when clones became stormtroopers ?:p

It showed more of the skills of Anakin & less of his whining *lol*

Looking forward to seeing it again.

20. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Saw the film today and loved it!!!

So much exciting action. Ahsoka and Asajj Ventress - two kick-ass chicks :D... cool seeing the different troopers working together, Obi wan and Anakin's moves were awesome (they looked hot with armour on too!), the droids were funny, I liked the interesting camera angles... really drew me into the action, and I like the fact it was animated... dunno why but it looked great.

21. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    I really liked it!! I loved the animation and the clones too.

22. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    And if the weekly show is going to be like this .... its going to be very exciting.

Even though the soundtrack was different, it had the voiceover instead of the scroll and the WB logo, its good to see a fresh look at the story. Kerrie Murphy wrote in yesterday's Australian about this being refreshing after the endless tickering and rehashing of the OT.

23. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    ..exactly... when i get this on dvd ....where does it sit???? :confused:

anyway, an awesome movie!!!!

i thought it was great all the way through, plenty of action, laughs and plenty of action ;)
    i want to see it again but unfortunately my finances probably wont allow it. :_|
    so i will wait for the DVD...

24. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    It would go in between Volumes One and Two of the Clone Wars wouldn't it?

Because Volume Two leads straight into ROTS

25. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    From what I can tell, smack bang in the middle between the Volume 1 (the short ones) and Volume 2 (the longer story based ones). Or at least not long after Anakin is no longer a Padawan.

Anakin's hair is halfway between short Padawan style and bad-70s-hairdo of Ep III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.