main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA "CLONE WARS DISCUSSION THREAD - SPOILERS ALLOWED - BE WARNED!"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, it's come down from Administrations that each Fan Force and Region may have ONE spoiler thread for the Clone Wars Movie. In that thread they are allowed to discuss the movie at length, show 'spoilers' and generally talk about it in detail. But only ONE thread per Fan Force and one for the Oceania boards. So this is the WAFF Thread, it's clearly marked as a spoiler alert, so all know the drill.

Hope everyone enjoys the movie!

2. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Watched it last night.....I enjoyed it! There were a few things I didn't like so much about it...the main one being how they protrayed Jabba's uncle....the make up and feathers was a bit much for me :confused: and thinking about it further Jabba himself seemed to be made out like more of a potential puppet for the Republic or CIS rather then an intelligent, tenacious, unforgiving ruler of the underworld.

That said it had some very cool actions scenes, I thought the animation was fantastic and overall enjoyed it very much.

Anyone else?

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just seemed like an action movie to me. An enjoyable one but pretty much just an action flick that was a bit light on story. I really wasn't too sure where it fit in with the rest of the story. Somewhere between the beginning and te end of the clone wars cartoon series apparently. Having some of the actors from the movies doing the voices was nice and some of the voices that weren't done by the original actors were done surprisingly well.

4. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    In thinking on it further Jabba's portrayal is probably OK, he was in a pretty powerless position and just wanted his son back. His bounty hunters failed, so I'm guessing yeah he's just going to negotiate with whoever can bring his son back be they Republic or Seperatist.

I think this movie would fit in between Volume 1 and Volume 2 of the previous clone wars cartoons. Was good to see some of the voice actors from those previous episodes involved in this new movie as well. (Obiwan and Anakin).

5. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Haven't seen it, unlikely to see it I think :confused:

6. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Awww you should check it out dude, it's worth watching.

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah I liked it. I went expecting a good action flick in a starwars setting and it fit that nicely. If you go expecting something else then maybe it might not meet expectations.

8. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    It's a cartoon... [face_thinking]

9. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    It's a cool cartoon! :D

10. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Anyone seen the new series based on it? I'm up to episode 5 so far. If you liked the film you'd like the series. Pretty much the same sort of thing in episodes.

11. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Yeah been watching the episodes as well...good fun though I think there's only so many times Grevious can be foiled! He's going to have to have a win soon.

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well episode 7 takes a break from foiling him but those who hated TPM won't like it. Basically and episode of Jarjar accidentally saving the day in the style of the naboo battle. My kids liked it. I didn't mind it but it was a little cringe worthy. Jarjar haters won't be able to stand it.

13. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Yeah it wasn't great that Jar Jar episode but I have to say, the show went from one of the worst episodes straight into one of the best episodes so far! The episode after the jar jar one is fantastic!

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I just got the movie on DVD. Now I have Internet access again I'll need to start getting episodes again. Probably a while before I can get them on DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.