main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars DVD and season 3

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Jedipete33, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I can't wait for the coming dvd and clone war season 3. What are your thoughts on the series and who out there has seen the clone war gallery on hyperspace with the awesome new peek of the action we can expect?

2. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    In the upcoming sw insider #80 the issue is featuring a look at the upcoming clone wars season 3. Along with several interviews.

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I will definitely be getting the DVD, though I wish they were putting all three seasons together on the DVD, rather than just the first 2 seasons.

4. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    OK this is really late news but if you bought the clone wars season 1 on dvd at FYE you would get a free poster featuring Anakin with vader in the background. I myself never got to the store to purchase the dvd cause I was sidetracked by finding a droid tri fighter and republic gunship instead.

5. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    After attending lucas's event at C3 the big man gave out some info. GL said they are working on trying to have another clone war season except this time they would be 1/2 hour long. YES!!!
    And off subject he said a live tv show is in the works with 100 episodes planned featuring side characters taking place after episode III.

6. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I must make an astonishing confession... I have never actually seen any of the Clone Wars episodes. :-o

7. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Star Wars The clone wars season 3 will be released on dvd december 6th, from what I've heard.

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Wonder how much they are going to overcharge for this DVD?

9. Ventressismymistress

Ventressismymistress Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't there only 5 of the 3-minute chapters in season 3?? So, basically, its going to be a 15 minute long dvd, not including any extras. They might as well just throw season 3 on a dvd with the first 2 seasons.

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Season 3 episodes were like 12 or 15 minutes long, since there was only 5 of them rather than the 10 for each of the other "seasons" and because they were needed for lead-in to ROTS.

A friend asked me after seeing ROTS what the deal was with Gen. Greivous and how was it that Palpatine got captured. I had to explain that Lucas expected everyone to have either seen the Clone Wars cartoons or have read Labyrinth of Evil before going and seeing ROTS. I think that may be why ROTS fell out of the theaters a lot sooner than people thought, people were confused at the beginning and left them without a feeling of good understanding and weren't interested in repeat viewings or of giving it as good of word of mouth.

11. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    I Hate it when they release this stuff one season at a time.Then they will release the ultimate package which will include everything with lots of cool features at a reasonable price.I wasn't impressed with The Clone Wars cartoons very much though.While the animation style is ok.I would have liked to see them in CG.But that's just me.

12. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I loved the samurai jack style animation, and I think they crossed that over into the sw universe in the best possible way.

And just to give a heads up, swshop now has all different sorts of clone warz cells and art availible on their aite for crazy prices! 700 dollars for a cell anyone?

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Um, no! Especially for something that isn't really an animation cell. The Clone Wars cartoons were done exclusively digitally, so any "cells" are really just created prints done on plastic cell material...

14. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Does anyone else not understand Lucas' thinking in releasing the third season of the Clone Wars on DVD a month after ROTS, when the movie really needs the lead in from the cartoon?

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OOOPS!!! Double post...

16. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Yeah you'd think that its all about perfect timing to make money...I guess not. But I guess thats a good thing though to cause november 1 is the release of the dvd along with battlefront II and a whole new bunch of merchadise. Maybe George wants us to be able to recover for a month before we shovel out another 15 bucks.....yeah right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.