main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars DVD will be an extra?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ellbobin, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Could it be an extra on the PT box set. We will need something to make us want to buy it, I can see it being like the LOTR box set otherwise.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    We will need something to make us want to buy it

Yeah, the cartoons will make me want to buy it.
    I, and I'm sure I speak for most others aswell, would buy it on it's own.

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    We will need something to make us want to buy it

What Guff said. :)
    Plus... there's a disc of extra stuff already planned for the OT Box. Extra stuff that you haven't seen before.

I can see it being like the LOTR box set otherwise.

Well, no. Because the three films haven't been available seperately on DVD for 1-2 years, already with the extras. This box set isn't just an assemblage of something you've already got. As well as the extra features, the films themselves have been touched up and improved.

And besides, the CW-DVD will be a marketing excercise on it's own. Cartoon Network and LFL put in too much effort just to have it passed off as an extra that a lot of 'civilian' people wouldn't be too bothered about. Even Beneath the Dome got it's own DVD release :D Can you really see GL turning down all that potential revenue by putting an hours worth of animation in a box set that it's not even that relevant to? In the inevitable PT box-set, I could maybe imagine it...

Of course you don't have to buy the OT box-set ;)

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

4. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I agree with the above post.

The cartoon was too successful for it to be relegated to an add-in to a PT box set. Think of it like the Animatrix DVD. A Clone Wars DVD will be an excellent money-maker on its own.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Think of it like the Animatrix DVD.

Yeah, but a lot better than the Animatrix :p

6. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    The ani-matrix was good. I hope the PT isnt a LOTR box set thing. all the ones you can buy sepertatly in a box for double the price!

7. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Dunno about anywhere else, but here in the UK we've already had the Saga Pack which is basically that. The Epi & II DVD's that you've already got in a box. Wooo [face_plain]

Needless to say I didn't bother with it, and if the PT set is the same, I won't bother with that either. :(

But I'm sure that LFL has something special planned ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Dunno about anywhere else, but here in the UK we've already had the Saga Pack which is basically that. The Epi & II DVD's that you've already got in a box

We had that in the states as well.

Just a packaging thing, nothing more.

9. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Yep Im in the UK. I wonder if there will be a saga trilogy box set. I, II, III, IV, V, VI plus special disks. or even a
    MEGA BOX SET:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, Holiday Special, Ewoks battle for endor, Ewok Adventure, Droids, Ewoks (animated), Clone Wars and a few extra disks maybe Thumb Wars and The Muppets Show on them.

What I set that would be!

10. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    You do realise that would be extremely expensive, dont u?

11. Jedimancer

Jedimancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2004
    Yeah, that would be my one problem with an ultimate SW saga DVD release. My Dad or I will have already bought the three prequels and OT DVDs, so then to have to shell out what could be a TON of money for the final, definitive version(if there is one) would be a bit irritating.

12. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Absolutely.
    But that didn't stop LFL releasing the OT on VHS in 1990, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997 and 2000. Quite frankly I'm amazed there's not a new VHS release to accompany the DVD. :rolleyes:

And yes, I know that no-one forces me to buy them ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

13. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Id buy it! Its like the James Bond box set (my friend has) you have to spend money for the things you love.

14. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    If the box set did ever come out would you throw away all your b@@tl3g$?

15. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Nope [face_mischief]

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

16. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    wouldnt but Id buy them again! I could have the ones with my art work and the ones with the new stuff! My b@@tl3g$ are video quality, orignal ones then Id have the super THX special editions

17. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I would buy it with out it being an extra. It does not need to be like others have said part of a PT box set. It is good on it's own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.