main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars DVD

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kit-Fisto7BA, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    Hey I hear that the Clone Wars shorts are gonna be made into a 60 minute DVD and was just wondering what special features would you like?

2. DexVader_22

DexVader_22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2003
    my opinion is that they should make the clone wars cartoons part of the special features on the ep.3 DVD.

it would make a whole lot more sense.

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    It'll probably be a separate DVD, simply because they'll be able to make more money off of it that way. Also, the special features on the DVD usually aren't 60 minutes long (similar to how the R2 Mockumentary was sold separately from the AOTC DVD).

4. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I figured a DVD would be coming, that is why I have no plans what-so-ever to attempt to tune in to the Cartoon Network in between programming to catch these short installments. I would much rather view it in one 60 minute swoop, for better or for worse! [face_plain]

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Not to question your motives or anything but it isn't really that big a deal. They are going to be on at specific times and there is a schedual. I don't see it as anymore difficult than tuning into any other show.

6. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, there is a big chance that it will come on when I am either in bed or at work, so I would have to record it. That is a lot of work for 3 minutes, but that is just me and certainly doesn't reflect other opinions! ;)

7. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    I think they should have a "making of" documentary, where they discuss the animation, production, etc. of the series.

8. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yup, pretty much everything StormChewieJedi mentioned I'd like to see :)
    Hopefully a bit more than what were given in the Samurai Jack pilot DVD.

Edit: Oh yeah, maybe something on the Dark Horse Comics Clone Wars series to tie it in?

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, if they were to talk about the origins of the characters in any DVD supplements about the cartoon series for Ventress and Durge, they'd have to at least mention the DH comics, since DH created both characters.

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I had expected that stuff to be on the Ep-III disc. I would think that if they did make a Clone Wars DVD it would just be some sort of exclusive like they did with the R2 thing.

11. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I just hope the DVD will also be released with code area 2 (I couldn't get the R2D2 mockumentary because it was zone 1 only).

12. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I'll be getting this DVD.

13. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    I sure do HOPE it comes out on DVD. My guess is that it WILL, and it will probably come out just prior to Episode III.

-Otis

14. First_Stage_Lensman

First_Stage_Lensman Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    I think we'll be ripped off with a CW dvd. $20 plus for 40-45 mins. of programming.

What they should do is put them on the EIII main disc as an 'easter egg' and have a little 5 minute doco as an easter egg on disc 2 but they won't. If they try and make us pay for them I'm going to have a friend burn them on dvd off the internet for me.

15. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Why don't you wait until the DVD is released, so you can check the pricing before you start to complain? The AOTC DVD was $10 when it first came out at Toys R Us, and the R2D2 Mockumentary DVD was around $5 at Best Buy. So, there really is no valid proof behind the $20 figure that you gave. I'd suggest waiting to see what the price actually is before you get bent out of shape about it.

16. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I don't think there's any doubt the series will be a DVD release. It would also serve as a nice vehicle for an Ep. 3 trailer, depending on the timing of the DVD release.

I don't see a 60-minute feature with a couple of bonus features being priced higher than $14.99. Lucas has never cheated us on his DVD releases, and he won't with this one either.

17. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I'm not even really that interested in the series (partially because of the character design and the fact it's by the SAMURAI JACK team), but I'd rather wait for DVD and watch it all at one time time than watch it in 3-minute snippets.

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I think it would be in LFL's best interest to put this stuff and some of the comic ties on the Ep-III disc. That way they might pull in some more EU intrest since thats all there is going to be.

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My guess is that it will, and I think it should. It needs to be available before EpIII if it's going to serve a purpose of filling in the gaps.

-sj loves kevin spacey

20. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Lucas has always done well at keeping the Star Wars name in the public eye to one extent or another. Here's an overview of the past few years:

1991-95: novels start to come out

1995: the new series of action figures are launched and is still going strong today

1996: Shadows of the Empire project hits

1997: Special Editions of the OT.

1998: Behind the Magic CD-ROM (weak I know, but still...)

1999: TPM

2000: Video release of TPM

2001: DVD release of TPM

2002: AOTC and its subsequent DVD release

2003: Clone Wars project

Lucas has always had excellent marketing people behind him, and I am sure they will do their best to keep all Star Wars-related releases complementing Ep. 3's eventual release.

21. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Lucas has never cheated us on his DVD releases, and he won't with this one either.

Yeah! He kept all his cheating and swindling to the VHS re-re-re-releases.

22. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Nobody forced you to buy them.

23. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    YJ is right.

I have the 1997 SE VHS releases. I somehow didn't feel the need to get the VHS set that came out in 2000.

I don't think I'm missing much ;)

24. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    EDIT: Every time the JC has a board error, God kills a bunny :(

25. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I would like an Episode III trailer (a really really good one). Also, whoever was saying that the times would likely be inconveniant, I doubt that would be a problem. These things are aimed at kids, so they are going to be on at a time when they know kids will be watching, somewhere in the 7-ish area most likely. I don't know how late you work, though, so you may have a valid point.
    _jOBO
    EDIT: Also, royalboy, the Clone Wars cartoons extend into 2004, so you could add that, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.