main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars DVD

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kit-Fisto7BA, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    It will most likely be out in November,to tie in with the ROTS DVD release.

But nothing confirmed.

2. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    ahhhh im so happy i have spring break this week, i cant wait for the dvd and the new sesason

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'm happy to finally be able to watch all the chapters without pause. It'll be awesome.

4. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Does anyone know if Walmart will be selling the Clone Wars DVD?

For some reason my local walmart did not sell the Trilogy DVD pack some months after it was released. Not sure if it was sold out or some sort of Lucas agreement?

5. CloneTrooper_3000

CloneTrooper_3000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2005
    I'll be picking up the DVD at Best Buy on Tuesday as well. I've already set aside the evening for viewing and reflecting. It'll be a long day at work on Tuesday. :(

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I managed to get out of a class early enough to pick up the DVD from Best Buy. [face_dancing]

Now, if only I had time today to watch it.

7. Darth_SaberTooth

Darth_SaberTooth Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    awesome...watching Greivous fighting on my 42" plasma tv

8. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    if anyone out there has a COSTCO (price club) or a wholesale store equivalent...i got it for 12.99. I think it's cheaper that walmart,circuit city or best buy.

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm goin' to get my DVD from Best Buy later on today. I still have about $4 left on a Best Buy giftcard, too.

I'm excited. :D

10. Namcoking

Namcoking Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2003
    Just finished watching it, i'm glad they play all the chapters straight through with no interruptions, but in some spots it seems awkward between chapter transitions. Very nice overall.

11. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Jedi Master star 2

May 18, 2004
    BTW, I tried the 11-3-8 Easter egg code from the other DVD's, and it didn't do anything except show the credits of the DVD.

12. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Does it have either of Episode 3 trailers?

13. Darth_Zoo

Jul 15, 2002
    The Clone Wars DVD has only the teaser and not the trailer sadly.

14. Darth-Pie

Darth-Pie Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    Isn't there a 30 second clip from ROTS on the DVD? If so how was that. I'll be getting my copy this weekend.

15. Darth_Zoo

Jul 15, 2002
    One the "Bridging the Saga" featurette I could only make a few seconds of the opening space battle I hadn't seen before. It was all pretty fun and busy so at first I didn't even know what I was oogling at.

The dvd is quite light on the extras but it is still a good one.

16. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Excellent, everything is going as planned..

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Loved the DVD, but noticed that the Planetary Forces game was not in the dvd. The colors are awesome, they loo better than when the aired them on tv.

18. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Cool DVD. I'm glad I got it. Can't wait for #2 to come out.

19. donarumo

donarumo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Just a note for those that are interested. The 20 second clip from ROTS is not really worth getting the DVD. The actual Clone Wars cartoon and the rest of the Bridging extra is nice but the clip is a small extension from the "X-Wing" (is there a different name?) shot from the trailer. It does give a small taste of the masiveness of this battle but does not show anything really happening.

20. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    I'm getting it at Best Buy tommorow...and my anticipation builds...:D

21. DarthRage77

DarthRage77 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    thats cool -
    http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/auth/chapter22_480_dl.mov

22. DarthRage77

DarthRage77 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    hhmmm....

http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/auth/chapter21_480_dl.mov

23. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    DR77, if you're using those links to download the HS files to your HDD, you could do that with the 'preview post' page, save the file then just close the window without cluttering up the thread ;)

Just a thought mate. :)

Edit: Oh, and it looks like you've got plenty time to edit those links out too. I know they're harmless, you know they're harmless, but they don't look good on the board. ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Quick question to anyone who has the DVD.

Have you encountered any places on the DVD when it freezes? I ask because the copy I have freezes at certain points sometimes, one time in Chapter 4, one time in Chapter 13, and at least one time in each of the last five chapters.

25. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    ^ I have not noticed any freezing on the DVD.

As for my impressions of the DVD: Impressive, most impressive. I had seen some of the episodes before when I came in late to a CW marathon on CN but I had never seen every episode nor had I seen them cut together like a movie.

It's amazing how these episodes cut up into three minutes chunks hold up so well when edited together. The best parts were the Obi-Wan/Anakin adventures as they were the main story but the subplots with the other Jedi fighting elsewhere were certainly entertaining. The Mace Windu adventure was a little too far out for me though. I mean Mace is facing a gazillion droids without a lightsaber and kungfuing em to death? Yeeeeeeeeeeeah right.

Tartarofsky certainly started the series out on a fast pace and kept getting faster and more intense with each passing moment. In some ways it was almost too much. You never have the time to catch your breath. It was a true roller coaster ride of a show and then it ended abruptly.

Dammit I want Volume 2 on DVD right now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.