main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars DVD

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kit-Fisto7BA, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler_Boydston

Tyler_Boydston Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm gonna get it either Sunday the 27(my birthday), or the 28(with birthday money). If I do buy that, I'll buy the OT on DVD the same day.

2. DarthRage77

DarthRage77 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    thanks blackout...just wanna share...

3. DarthRage77

DarthRage77 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    wow....just got the DVD...AWESOME...great quality and crisp clear picture...but it only come with teaser trailer I was hoping for both trailers...

http://video.starwars.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/auth/chapter23_480_dl.mov

4. CloneTrooper_3000

CloneTrooper_3000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2005
    I picked up my DVD last night and finally got a chance to watch it tonight.

Great stuff. I had only seen a few of the cartoons when they originally aired, and I would always catch them in bits and pieces, so it was nice to finally be able to se the whole thing uninterrupted.

The extras were nice, I popped the DVD in my XBox to try out the Republic Commando demo, I'll be picking that up this weekend. :)

I can't wait for season two to come out, has a release been announced yet?

5. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    The vol. II Dvd will most likely be released when the ROTS Dvd is released, which is around Nov.

6. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Got my order yesterday. Unfortunately, Amazon.com smashed the hell out of the DVD case and the DVD was all scratched. They're sending me a new one, but in the meantime, I was able to watch my damaged copy with little trouble.

The cartoon itself is terrific! I really dig the stylized look, and the action--especially the space battles--is spot-on Star Wars if a little over the top.

Unfortunately, the cartoons don't hold up quite as well strung together as they did when seen in 3 minute segments. There's really not enough story to hold everything together. Each episode has its own self-contained narrative, but when viewed one right after the other, things can seem a bit disjointed. I would describe Volume 1 as "all sizzle and no steak". That minor criticism aside, these cartoons are terrific fun.

The DVD quality is awesome. I watched it on my computer, and the picture clarity is brilliant. The lines are all crisp and clean, and the colors really pop. The sound is also very well done, but I can't comment on the surround sound since my computer speakers are only 2.1.

This DVD is definitely a "must buy" for any fan of the visual side of Star Wars. On a related note, Volume 2 is shaping up to be a winner as well.

7. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I'll be getting this tomorrow when I got to my local Best Buy or Barnes and Noble.

8. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    Are the Chapters all edited together?

9. Bmore007

Bmore007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2004
    LordNeo posted on 3/24/05 8:39pm
    Are the Chapters all edited together?
    [hr][/blockquote]

yes they are

10. -Darth_Pozo-

-Darth_Pozo- Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2004
    Does anyone know if the DVD will be released in Region 4?

11. Count_Pooku

Count_Pooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Region 4 DVD will be released in Australia on April 13.

12. seth1138

seth1138 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Just bought the Clone Wars DVD (Region 4 Australia)but I cant find the Teaser Trailer on the disk. I've heard other people talk about it on there disk and was wondering Is the Australian version of the DVD different from the rest of the world or is this feature an easter egg?
    The features are as follows
    Director commentary
    Hyperspace(FAN) commetary
    Bridging the saga:episode III/clone wars connections
    E.P.K
    Episode III game trailer
    Easter egg-credits(stills)
    Sketches & storyboards stills gallery -27 images
    Posters & artwork stills gallery-40 images

Please someone HELP.

13. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA