main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars DVD

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kit-Fisto7BA, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    If it's really coming to DVD I can't wait to get it. Just like I can't wait for the OT. :)

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Hey has any1 gotten the new SW Insider? I wrote somthing to them to see if they knew so if any1 sees anything about it tell me because I really want it!!

I have it, and there's no mention.

3. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    up

any new info - keep it coming!!!

are the 2nd 20 viewable on cartoon network.com ?

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    There only is one set of 20 ;)

I don't think any of the eps are viewable from CN.com anymore, I think you need to join HS, which is easily worth it.

5. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I would love to see behind the scenes footage, and and Episode 3 trailer on it.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    With the news of a new series, I wonder what this will mean for the DVD release.

I can see two options:

1- The first two seasons are released normally, with any information about them, like a making of, commentaries, all on there, before the new series, and with a "Sneak Peek" of the new episodes and of Episode III.

2- The DVD is delayed until after the release of Episode III, but has all 25 episodes and backround material.

Personally, I think that I'd rather go for option two, less to buy, but I'll get whichever comes out.

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I agree, Trilo. And I, as well, would rather wait and just buy all 25 at once.

It would be nice to have the Clone Wars series as one singular collection instead of two separate DVDs. :)

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I agree too, just one DVD with all 25 chapters please :)

9. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    Yea, how great would it be to watch all 25 straight through without interruption. It would be like another full-length movie.

10. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    2 hours of Clone Wars. That would be great. It would be greater if they edited it to flow like one big movie.

11. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    A making of obviously.

A section about the history of star wars animations (from the empire doodles to ewoks and droids and right up to the clone wars.

Normal and Commentary versions of all episodes from all 3 series.

A linking in section when we see how it leads on episode II and into episode III

12. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Well, since they released the Van Helsing 35 minute animated prequel on DVD, I see no reason why they shouldn't release Clone Wars on DVD!

As for special features, making of features, Episode III preview and maybe a fake blooper reel(like the ones you get with Toy Story 2 and other Pixar films) would keep me happy!

Maybe they'll be really evil and release Clone Wars on DVD the same week as they release Episode III!

13. DARTHNATA

DARTHNATA Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2004
    I think that this is how they should do The Clone Wars DVD...

- Edit together all 25 episodes to make approximately a 2 hour long feature.
    - Polish up some of the animation and voicework.
    - I know a lot of people will hate this but I think that George Lucas should oversee the full length movie and make some suggestions just so it has more of a canon feel to it. I have heard that the continuity between the cartoons and Dark Horse comics are not exactly connected so maybe this should be rectified.
    - Artwork should be just like the mock up box that has been floating around because it is awesome.
    - This isnt important but does anyone else think thatit should be titled Star Wars: The Clone Wars insted of just Star Wars: Clone Wars.
    - Second Disc features the standard extras plus maybe some bonus other short stories.
    - The starting to Chapter 1 is very cool with Yoda keeping everyone updated but I still think that when it comes out on DVD it should have the usual Star Wars opening scroll etc.

Anyway everyone voice your opinions on this...

PS. Shadows of The Empire should be made just like CW. Combine the stories of the comic, book and videogame (as they were all slightly different) and add some Prequel references to it, no make that a lot of prequel references.

14. Boba_Fett_00

Boba_Fett_00 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Lock it up

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Why?

16. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    "Lock it up"

Brenda? :confused:

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I defintiely think the whole thing should be edited together into one feature. I don't want to have to watch 25 different sets of credits whilst trying to view Clone Wars as a whole.

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Any release dates yet??

19. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Agree with Rachel, I do.

20. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    How much does the DVD cost? If it is a lot, I'll just keep the tape I have :p

21. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Edit together all 25 episodes to make approximately a 2 hour long feature.

The only problem with this is that they'd probably have to make another 20 episodes just to get it up to that length. 25 3-minute episodes makes a 69 minute stretch. And I'm not sure if that includes opening and end credits, but if it does, well... take it down to about an hour.

While I'm not arguing that one continuous flow would be a heck of a lot better than the fragmented plots we actually saw, I think it would still be nowhere near the standards of a feature length film. Maybe two standard half-hour cartoons.

22. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Just sell me what I saw on TV and Ill be happy as Grevious in Chapter 20.

23. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    "The only problem with this is that they'd probably have to make another 20 episodes just to get it up to that length. 25 3-minute episodes makes a 69 minute stretch. And I'm not sure if that includes opening and end credits, but if it does, well... take it down to about an hour."

Nope.

The first twenty episodes (seasons one and two) = 3 to 5 minute long (most of them were 3, though) episodes...which equates to an hour to an hour and ten minutes.

The next five episodes (season three) = 12 minute long episodes...which equates to one hour.

Edit it all together...you get a film that's just under or just over two hours. :)

24. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    ohh, forgot season three.

Good to see they're making cartoons of a halfway decent length, though.

25. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Does anyone know the Price and release dates for these DVDs???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.