main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Clone Wars Episode Review

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey everyone, I thought I would start a thread where we could discuss the Clone Wars each week. What you thought about the episode, what you liked and didn't like, etc.

For the past episode, I really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see pirates in the SW universe, and liked the fact that we were able to see Weequays. It nicely fleshes out the SW universe.

For next weeks show, it looks that we're in for a bit of slapstick as Dooku, Anakin and Obi Wan are tied together while attempting to escape. And the rescue team is led by ... Jar Jar?

2. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I really liked the last 2 episodes. Background about grievous was interesting, especially to see how self absorbed he really is. The pirates were terrific in the last one. Captain Berry will be pleased I'm sure. With all the times Anakin and Dooku meet, however, it takes some meaning away from a few lines of dialogue from ROTS.

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I agree about Dooku and Anakin meeting so many times, however remember that Anakin has that boatlod of midichlorians, so he could be verrrrrrrrrrry powerful by the time they meet in ROTS... (cheap explanation I know, but it's just as good as any Lucas has put together lol)

4. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I liked the last episode on Christophsis. It was a great tie-in with the events of the movie. I like seeing how the clones' personalities come out as the series moves on. Perhaps there will be some discussion about Order 66 and perhaps some clones resist it and are then killed off by Sidious or Dooku.
    I'm excited for the extended episode this Friday. I only hope that I can stay awake long enough to watch the whole thing!

5. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    It's star wars! Of course you'll stay awake! Unless you have Sy Snootles randomly filling your wine glass, then it's a little more difficult....

6. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I thoroughly enjoyed the three-part mini series. I am not a fan of that bad guy from the techno-union, or whatever. he was in episode 2, wasn't he? I did like that there were more Jedi involved in this series, an I especially liked the second part, where the clones and the little girl needed each other's help. Moving and reminiscent of other war movies. It was cool to see Windu in action.
    I am excited to see the last episode with this Cad Bane dude. Sounds like a real nasty guy. Anyone know how much the season 1 dvd is going to be when it shows up on Tuesday? Does your store have any deals on it TK? Are there going to be cool extras and possible web content with the dvd? I know I will have to wait to get it. It will be one of the first things I buy with money from a new job, if I get one.

7. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    So who else love Cad Bane? It's about time we had a dirty, gritty episode where the bad guys win, and win convincingly. It was great to see Aurra Sing as well. I can't wait to see more of the bounty hunters!

8. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I wasn't too keen on the scarecrow guy, but I LOVED seeing Aura Sing in action. Looking forward to getting to know more about her character as well as some other bounty hunters. Darth Cobern wondered when we might see a young Boba Fett in action --

9. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    I too was stoked to see Aurra Sing! That was a real nice surprise. About Boba..... would he still be a bit young to appear in that context. Maybe if he was palling around with some one doing an apprentice kinda thing. It would be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.