main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars EU will atract PT fans?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Galactic_Emperor, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galactic_Emperor

Galactic_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Do you think that the new focus of the EU in the clone wars will bring PT fans to the EU or at least acept it? they mostly disregard it.

2. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I certainly hope so, for thier sake. I don't mean I want them to accept EU as canon or anything (I really hate the canon and non-canon arguement. I think there's no place for it in FICTION ). I just know how much I enjoy every aspect of the EU, whether it contradicts something in the movies or not. I suspect that if they were to open thier eyes they would really enjoy it.

Thier loss, not mine.

3. Armand_Stormchaser

Armand_Stormchaser Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    As much as it pains me to say it, most of them won't really become serious EU fans, particularly the older fans. Newbies I'm not so sure about; they may initially feel like the PT is the end-all, then discover the EU and get hooked on it (that's what happened to me ;)). I certainly hope it will attract more people to the EU, but I doubt it'll have much of an effect...

4. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    At 29 years old, I consider myself one of those "older" Star Wars fans. Did that have an effect on the desireability of the Star Wars EU to me? No. I read three pages of HTTE in 1992 and fell in love instantly. Not once have I regretted getting into the Star Wars EU. I get so much more out of the Star Wars EU than I do the Star Wars movies due to frequency issues. Do I compare the Star Wars movies to the Star Wars EU? No. I look at them both as smaller pieces of the overall legend that is Star Wars . For me, there could not be one without the other. It's all Star Wars. I don't follow the canon or non-canon arguments. If it says Star Wars on the cover, then count me in!

Can everyone see the central idea in the paragraph above? If not, here it is, one more time: Star Wars . That's all that I will ever need.

5. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    PT fans??? there are PT fans???

*looks over her left shoulder*

*looks over her right shoulder*

?[face_plain]

~NiKe, DaRK LaDy oF THe SiTH~

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You missed the colorization of one star wars... [face_batting]

7. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    PT fans??? there are PT fans???

*Raises hand*

8. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Attack of the Clones is the best movie of the 2000's so far, and my personal favorite SW film to date.

9. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    General-Fel, i'm shocked [face_shocked] you did miss one Star Wars. Sturm i demand that you change that 'Star Wars' to blue immediately ;) :p

10. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i noticed it too.

but i do agree with the paragraph. the whole issue of cannon/non cannon is pretty stupid, especially, as stated above, in fiction.

11. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    it already is,
    in the ep. 3 spoiler and non boards you can see threads about the clone wars game, new droid army and the cartoon network show,
    they even use thema s facts to speculate on the next movie,

12. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    GENERAL_FEL - I really enjoyed your post!

Hmmm... I REALLY hope that Star Wars Film Only fans will be attracted to the Expanded Universe by the Clone Wars project (novels, games, etc...)

13. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    Sdp - Really ? I'll have to check it out.

14. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    I am both shocked and embarassed at my actions. I hope that someday you will all be able to forgive me for what I did. I'm not sure if I ever will be able to forgive myself. I throw myself upon the mercy of the EUDF....

I know it may be too late, but will this help?

Star Wars

[face_laugh] Seriously, though, thank you for your kind words about my earlier post, despite its grossly inaccurately colored text. I love you people!!! [face_laugh]

15. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Gatherer ran a thread in the AotC forum when the film was just being released. It seemed that many of the 'purist' fans would be very willing to delve into the EU after the release of the PT.

16. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    At least those which have open minds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.