main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Wars fans who have never seen any Star Wars films.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Oct 19, 2014.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    So i just meet one of these youngsters last night, 2 little girls who had Padme and Ashoka toys. Their mom told me they watch Star Wars cartoons a lot. I asked them who was their favorite in the show they said Ashoka. They were saying Ashoka and Anakin should get married lol whick gave me a laugh. I told them Anakin was already married to Padme. They were like NOOO Anakin just likes Padme...so I asked have they seen Star Wars movies, they both said no. Their mother never watched the movie. They said MOVIE as if their was only one. I wanted to drive back home get my copy of Attack of the Clones and just give it to them. I was telling my girlfriend on the way home, how interesting it was to speak with not only young kids, but young girls aboug Star Wars, but from a perspective of seeing the Filoni show and never any of Georges movies. Im thinking i should get the PT bluray for them for the Holidays. But they are only 11 and 9. Has anyone else ever encountered SW fans who werent fans because of George, but became so due to the Cartoon Network?

Padme501st and Samnz like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    *reads post*

I need wine. Five o'clock can't get here fast enough.

Get them the OT movies for the holidays.

Or send them to my house for six hours. Kids and the mom. We need a come to Vader meeting. I'll even provide popcorn, and share my wine with the mom.

My personal experience with kids on the playground has been that when they "play Star Wars," they do so pretty much as my generation did as a kid, only with a wider variety of characters. My own kids were in a Star Wars playground game in which one of them played Vader and the other played Dooku (their choices) and I didn't bother to tell them that the two didn't exist at the same time.

I once heard a kid in these games refer to Anakin as "Ahsoka's Master," but I have no idea if that kid had seen the movies or not.

And then I heard a girl about my son's age ask her mother, "What is Anakin's Padawan's name?" The mother said she had no idea and sent her to me. [face_laugh]

3. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    It's also crazy to think that 1.3 million kids 2-11 watched Spark of Rebellion. You have to figure that for a few hundred thousand of those kids it was their introduction to SW.

It is amazing to think that there are kids right now who have gotten their first taste of SW and now have 7 films and 6 seasons of Clone Wars potentially available to them, as well as a weekly dose of Rebels. And if that wasn't enough, they also have VII to look forward to.

Darthgoodguy and whostheBossk like this.
  4. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Kids: Anakin is so cool! I wanna be like Anakin when I grow up!

*sees episode 3*

Kids: Oh...

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That's depressing.

Once I have kids, someday. The first thing they'll see when they are like, five or something; old enough to watch and comprehend and be shocked at Star Wars is the OT.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Mine were 5 and 3 when I introduced them, and they saw the OT.

7. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    If you think about it, going straight from Clone Wars to the OT would make "I am your father" even more shocking than it was in theaters. You may have to skip Mortis, but younger kids might not notice that spoiler anyways.

Taylore likes this.
  8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Really? That's awesome. :)

I really want to be one of those parents who films their kids reaction to the 'I'am your father' moment.

9. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Man, a kid whose only experience of Star Wars was TCW going and watching ROTS would be the most traumatizing thing ever.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I honestly don't remember them having much of a reaction, but I think I had told them already. [face_blush]

I remember very well the moment when I first heard the line, however.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    It was a shock for me. Ha, but it was a welcome one.

Star Wars should be mandatory for all children.

12. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    I cant remember my first time watching Star Wars. It almost feels like I've always know of it. I watched it a lot when I was a kid but I couldn't understand english; so I relied on what my brothers would tell me about it. Even though I didn't know what the hell was going on most of the time I was enthralled by the universe.

Plus this game was amazing

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I never had a SNES. Just a Nintendo.

But I had this for my N-64.I still have it and it still works.

Want to know something funny? My grade 8 teacher had us watch A New Hope in class ( This was a year or so after I saw the Star Wars movies for the first time) And we had to do a project on it. He also had all the Star Wars books in his room. It was awesome.

Padme501st and Jax_the_Admiral like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Your grade 8 teacher was awesome. :D

When I was a classroom teacher, I had Star Wars action figures on a couple of shelves for students to stop by and admire.

15. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    TheSilentInfluence

I wish I had a cool teacher like that. I studied in a private catholic school so the only thing they showed us were stuff like Se7en and Constantine. It was... interesting...

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    He was. I even wrote a Haiku about the Death Star.

That's cool. :)

Jax_the_Admiral

Ouch. Did you ever watch Sister Act with Woopie Goldburg?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    In school? nope, and I didn't want to have anything to do with nuns once I was off school grounds.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I feel kinda bad for you.

So, you had actual nun's in your school? I've never even seen one in real life.

19. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    Yep, there were actual nuns there. My experience there wasn't very... pleasant.

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ....Oh. Well. I've heard most nuns can be...over-bearing and yelly.

21. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    There was only one nun at my private, Catholic high school, and she was...hilarious, mainly. I mean, she was a little terrifying when she was scolding people for being out of dress code, but that was about it. It wasn't the most Catholic-y of Catholic schools, though.

But yeah, they definitely weren't showing us Star Wars :p Now, I, Claudius on the other hand...

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I nearly wept when I read the OP.
    Just give them the OT on DVD and let Jesus do the rest. My niece is currently being introduced to Star Wars and she shall be watching the Saga in the correct order.

For the record, anakinfansince1983 sounds like the coolest mother in the world.

23. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    ... Whenever I have kids they'll be watching them in the chronological order. I had enough confusion when I first watched them, I don't need it spreading to their generation. Plus, who knows how many trilogies there will be by the time I have kids!

revan772, Samnz, Cevan and 2 others like this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    JediFan215

That's the way to do it. Just think of all the spinoff movies that are supposed to come out within the next few years too.

On another note, I have a huge poster of Darth Vader in my room with the slogan " You're Empire needs you." It's pretty awesome.

25. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I don't remember my facial expression, but I do remember my first thought was, "That can't be true he is just lying to get you to turn Luke." Or something along those lines.