main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Wars fans who have never seen any Star Wars films.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    What is the most shocking thing is the simple fact that they thought that Ahsoka and Anakin should get married. I wonder how many younger kids (newly introduced via TCW) have that mindset and not realize that Anakin is married to Padme. Woof!

Anyway I was like 7 when my dad sat us down on the couch and we didn't move till we watched all three on VHS. For a while I always thought that the guy from the N64 star wars game was a Jedi.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh dude.

I'm pretty sure letting kids watch TCW without ever having seen the movies is like... child abuse or something. Yikes!

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    This is the parent I want to be, I will show the OT first. Have them avoid the PT as long as possible.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    On the downside, one thing they can't do would be: "Read the EU with the knowledge in their head that this is 'real' Star Wars."

May Disney rot and burn in hell for that one...

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Pretty shocking but not surprising. It was bound to happen eventually. When I have kids, it will be Episode 4 first. Then go from there.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, same.

Though the only thing i'd wait on is ROJS after they watch the first two prequel movies. The Clone Wars animated series would be perfect for the time slot and leave more of an impact if they just watched ROTS right after AOTC.

7. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I would probably show both Clone Wars series and have the PT avoided altogether. :p

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Would you show the older one first?

9. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Yessssssss.

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    :) That'll be awesome.

11. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    My smaller siblings(father remarried) would not watch the OT because "that old stuff" something..they loved Clone Wars though

That was depressing:(

CoolyFett likes this.
  12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh hell (trademark: Anakinfansince1983).

If I had kids - or grandkids - I'd show the PT and go forward...(and yes, I saw the OT in the theater when first released as an adult). This "PT avoidance" is rather ridiculous, IMHO. But to each their own - but I would rather not foist my particular likes or dislikes on others.

13. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    My wife and are are naturally huge movie and TV fans, so we showed out kids real old stuff from the gecko. Old kids cartoons, older movies and stuff, stuff we liked when we were little and stuff we like now. And no, I don't mean I was showing my kids Metropolis or the Andy Griffith Show or something, I mean old within reason.

Anyways, those kids are in for quite a treat when they start watching all the Star Wars movies.

CoolyFett likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I knew 2 people who only watched the clone wars and they were like I wonder how the clone wars will end

I say its a very happy ending.

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ha. Are they going to be in for a shock.

I'd do the same, if just to mess with people. The reality is just depressing isn't it?

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's hilarious.

I'd have to tell people that Anakin leaves the Order and he and Padme live happily ever after on Naboo, and name their babies variations of Ahsoka and Obi-Wan.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Obioka?

So-Wan

Ahsobi-Wan

....To far? :p

18. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005

Agreed.

"Hey kids, you like The Clone Wars?!"
    "Yeah!"
    "Well check out these three movies!" *presents OT*
    "What are those three?" *points to PT*
    "Oh, I don't like those."
    "What are they?"
    "They take place at the time of The Clone Wars and have several characters you are familiar with."

Just show the whole saga. Withholding the prequels is idiotic. Unless it is because ROTS is out of their age range, let the kids decide what SW movies they want to enjoy.

19. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I can't remember when I first saw SW. I was VERY young though, like 2 or 3.

20. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    "Then why is the movie called Revenge of the Sith?" they will inevitably ask.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

They figure it out pretty quick and they have both seen the movies now.

22. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
  23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Umm...sorry for the confusion, but these kids were the daughters of my girlfriends co worker. So as far as child abuse you would have to take that up with their mother. I dont have any children yet, I have to get married first. My whole shock was that the children only knew of the show, one would think they have at least saw ROTJ or TPM which in my opinion are 2 id pick for kids in a 1 movie sitting. I cant see them sitting for more than 1. Their mom says they love the show, prompting my girlfriend to say "he likes Star wars too" that how the little chat started. Ill definitely have to get the PT though. No doubts about it. CHEERS.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Very sad indeed.

CoolyFett and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Heck, why not Andy Griffith, all that old stuff on Me TV? Old Dick Van Dyke...good stuff, that. SOME of that I watched when it originally ran on TV and some of it I watch again.

Think of the learning, as well - why did all the moms wear dresses and pearls and Father Knew Best? :)

mratm23 and CoolyFett like this.