main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars.....Getting silly

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthBrandon, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBrandon

DarthBrandon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2003
    Im all for having a cartoon but clone wars is getting plain stupid.......... Mace can fly?? He also is a acrobat???? I dont remeber anything like this at the end of episode 2!!! Why is SOOO exagerated? I know its a cartoon but come on!

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    ^

Oh? You don't remember Mace leaping from a balcony? Twisting and blocking a dozen blaster bolts as he falls from fifty stories high? I sure do.

Uh, come on yourself. The style of the Clone Wars was clear from the first episode. Anakin and Obi Wan leapt from a moving gunship at high altitude and landed safely. Anakin demolished three dozen battledroids with a wave of his hand.

The style of the show has been consistant from the go get. If that's not your style, fine, then stick with the films. But why critize the show for that reason when its been this way from the begining?

3. DarthBrandon

Apr 24, 2003
    they have been pretty good up untill now but i feels like the last 2 have been soming saying "lets put a bunch of "cool" stuff in and make people fly around" Im just saying the first 11 were more "real" feeling and these last two with mace have been made ala matrix revolutions....lets make the 14 year old boys happy

4. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I must admit I found some of the action in tonight's Ep. 13 to be a bit over-the-top, but it was still great. The Clone Wars cartoons are supposed to be more fun than anything else. And the guy is "the second baddest dude in the universe" as Sam Jackson said, so you have to give him some credit.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Yep, why didn't Mace just go alone to Geonosis by himself in AOTC and handle it all by himself.

6. DarthBrandon

Apr 24, 2003
    second baddest dude....seriously that line right their is all you need to know.....if he was a bad a$$ he would be alive in the OT....LOL....i didint mean to rain on anyones parade i just thought the last 2 have been silly..... they come off as silly and i dont think they fit

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yep, why didn't Mace just go alone to Geonosis by himself in AOTC and handle it all by himself.

Because there was a Sith Lord there?

8. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i admit that, yes, Chapters 12 & 13 are a little bit of a departure from the rest, but DarthBrandon, keep in mind this is only a cartoon. sure we all have our opinions about how things should be, and nobody is wrong. i like to think that its more important to remain faithful to the spirit of Star Wars, so much as the semantics...at least as far as animated Star Wars cartoons go...

...when it comes to the movies, i am a nitpick...

Cheers and MTFBWY!!!

:D

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "lets make the 14 year old boys happy"

The show is on Cartoon Network, you realize?

10. DarthBrandon

Apr 24, 2003
    I agree it is only a cartoon but considering this is somthing lucas is giving us to hold us over and get excited about episode 3 i think it should try and appeal to all even if it is on the cartoon network....im sorry if you dont like my opinion i just dont see how this thread is any diffrent or worse than the multiple "gushing over the clone wars threads in here" it ok though hopefully the last chapters can bring me back in!

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    It's a cartoon version of a science fiction franchise. Please.

12. DarthBrandon

Apr 24, 2003
    sorry great pooja didnt know we wernt alowet to have dissenting opinions......if you dont like the thread or the topic dont post in it

13. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    It is over the top, but it's supposed to be. Assaj was just as over the top when she auditioned for Dooku.

Whoever's doing Yoda's voice has it nailed.

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Of course it's silly. It's done by the same guy who does Dexter's Lab. Have you ever tried watching that show? It's like chewing on tinfoil.

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    sorry great pooja didnt know we wernt alowet to have dissenting opinions......if you dont like the thread or the topic dont post in it

I have no problem with the thread. But opinions aren't bulletproof. I just don't see the complaints considering what I said in my post. Perhaps my saying of "please" at the end of my post wasn't necessary, and for that I do apologize. However, I do find it silly to think that it's "getting silly" considering the facts.

And I'm not great. :)

16. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    I like having it cranked up to 11, but I think they had it on 17 the last two episodes.

It was a bit much.

17. Fievel

Fievel Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    The ending reminded me of the old Mean Joe Greene Coca Cola commercial of long ago.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It should remind you of Mean Joe, because that's what they had in mind if you listen to the commentary version on Hyperspace.

19. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Look, it's a bird...it's a plane...no, it's SuperMace!
    That was a bit much.

"They've gone too far this time."
    "I cannot condone a course of action that will lead us to nonsense."

20. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    It is a cartoon, and you do have to suspend your disbelief a bit for most of the stuff.

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    From what I got from the commentary, Lucas ok'd the epsiode and had no problems with it. I thought it was a cool episode.

22. PoodleEssence

PoodleEssence Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2002
    Its strange that you have to "suspend your disbelief" at all... I mean, like countless others have said before me... Its a cartoon.

Meant to be a fun, over the top romp in the SW universe. I'd rather it be over the top than... normal and boring.

23. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I thought it kicked ass! Mace was so awesome.

24. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Is it silly? Maybe.

But this is Star Wars, people!

If you can't have fun with Star Wars of all things, and feel the need to nitpick it to death, then I feel bad for you.

25. -Jack-Sparrow-

-Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2003
    Yeah your right, if Mace can fly now, it must be getting silly. :) I still watch it and hope it gets better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.