main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Clone Wars Guide Books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediKnight75, Feb 21, 2016.

1. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Are there any guide books that provide qan overview of the Clone Wars (strategies, progression of the war, campaigns, battles not seen in other sources, etc)? I'm looking primarily for canon sources, but Legenda is of interest too. I ask because this is a category of books that I'm unfamiliar with.

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    There isn't much of anything for the NEU, other than the Databank.

There's plenty of Legends sources - the Essential Atlas, the Essential Guide to Warfare, the official Episode Guide, the Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia.

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The New Essential Chronology also has a pretty good Clone Wars summary.

JediKnight75 and blackmyron like this.
  4. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks for the replies!! I'll look into buying those books! :)

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In addition to those already mentioned (which are probably the most thorough), you might also want to check out Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds. The Inside the Worlds series also has information not found elsewhere (for instance, Inside the Worlds of Attack of the Clones has quite a bit on the details of the Battle of Geonosis).

I'll be completely honest and admit I'm recommending these because they spend adequate time discussing the Separatists. Screw the Republic. Once TCW came out everything tipped in favor of the Republic this, Jedi that. And that business about Darth Maul doesn't... doesn't count.

6. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks again! I ahree that information about the Separatists is important. They are a very interesting faction. About the essential guides: are any of the others useful for this topic? Or are the three mentioned the best?