main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Wars Help

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ryan B, May 29, 2018.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2018
    Hi guys. I’ve owned the full Clone Wars series on Blu Ray for a while but haven’t sat down to watch the full series from start to finish yet. I’ve finally decided to start but also just noticed a list on the official Star Wars website with a full chronigical order of the series.

This got me wondering.

Is there any logical reason why they never released it chronigically?

When fans were watching these episodes weekly did they mention where they took place in the timeline or did fans have to work it out for themselves?

And the last question is should I watch it chronologically or watch it in order of release?

Thanks guys all opinions are appreciated!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I'd advise DVD order, its virtually identical to release order, except moving Season 5 episode 1 back to being episode 13 where it was originally intended to go.

I find there's little gained by a chrono order, and it's fiddly to follow. Also know that the official chrono order gets the placement of Season 6 eps 5-7 wrong, as they should go before Season 5 episode 13 at the latest.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  3. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Yeah, I think chronological order is way overrated. Some episodes were just written to be prequels and they work fine that way. Others are unrelated stories that just happen to share a common locale ("Cat and Mouse", "Hidden Enemy" and the first act of TCW movie) but have no narrative flow between them that demands they be seen in a particular order. The major character arcs that weave through the series are already in chronological order anyway - it's just a few standalone side stories that are sometimes out of order. I vote for DVD order too.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    (in before thread closure)

There are some circumstances that would leave you scratching your head by watching the series as it was released on TV. Some characters who die in an earlier episode seem to have been resurrected in a future one. Others show events during the Clone Wars that are out of place; like the planet where Anakin and Obi-Wan first meet Ahsoka in the movie isn't featured again until somewhat later in the series itself.

5. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The place and situation the characters find themselves in at the start of the episode make it clear it's happening earlier in the timeline.

I mentioned that one - my point is, Christophsis isn't the story - Ahsoka's first day on the job is. The other two episodes could have happened on any planet and they would have been the same story.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  6. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Of course there's that time where a droid gets totally blown up and then rebuilt and returned to its owner offscreen, which makes an episode that isn't a prequel seem like one...

7. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Chronological order is my recommendation. Bringing my fiancée through it, and she is doing better remembering some side characters (like some Clones from Rookies) then I think she would do otherwise. Since we got about two years between seeing Hevy and the gang for the first time and second time, it may have been a bit easier to keep up with, especially with promotional stuff. However, that is not the case now. So yeah, chronological is my recommendation.

whostheBossk likes this.