main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars in 1977

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthSerta, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I agree with you. Even in OB1´s speech to Luke in Tatooine seems to put the clone wars in a different time of the rise of the Empire.As if the war ended before( much before) the Rise of the Galactic Empire.<<

Probably because, at the time, the timeline of the saga was a bit longer- Lucas later chopped off 10-20 years when he revsied things to make TPM. So, originally, thee Empire had been around for a bit longer and the Clone Wars had happened longer ago.

Those wanting a taste of some of the Mandalorian action that took place during the Clone Wars may want to pick up a copy of Star Wars Insider #80, which has the excellent History of the Mandalorians article in it which includes information of their exploits during the Clone Wars.

2. Darth_Absolute

Darth_Absolute Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    for some reason i thought the clone wars were where someone cloned a bunch of jedi and they fought some huge army

3. all_2_easy

all_2_easy Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    I know this is going to sound really stupid but years ago I thought that maybe the empire and the Jedi were fighting for control of the clones. The Jedi were just merely just protecting the clones and the clones were not directly involved with the war. But I also wondered what the clones were clones of and my conclusion that they were perhaps clones of the Jedi the rebellion were building to overtake the empire....boy was I wrong!

4. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    I again thought it was an open conflict involving the Jedi and an invading clone force that all looked like Boba Fetts. Well I guess I was sorta right about one thing...

I wanted to see a clonetrooper with a jet pack dammit!

5. Obi-Kris_Kenobi

Obi-Kris_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    Hmm, the Clone Wars... I pictured them as a Sith conquest for overthrowing the Republic. Since the Republic spawned over thousands of planets, the Sith required a powerful army, so they turned into clone soldiers, a combination of technology and of the Dark Side. The cloned soldiers donned the armor of the Mandalorians, a battle-hardened race, who saw this war as a means to return to former glory. So they gave their DNA and battle technology? What about the Jedi? Sith didn't clone themselves, since they thought of this as a degrading process. So they cloned captured Jedi Knights, and they brain washed the clones into attacking the Republic forces.

It may sound a bit "meh!" but that's my 2 cents.[face_peace]

6. zaphod_beeblebrox

zaphod_beeblebrox Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    Well, I had absolutely NO idea what the Clone Wars were.

7. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Great topic.

I thought that the clone wars entailed a Jedi civil war between Jedi
    and cloned Jedi working for the emperor.

But then again, this was after seeing ROTJ, I was only 1 in 1977.

8. Darth_SomethingWitty

Darth_SomethingWitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2005

I had assumed the Sith had cloned the Jedi; creating an evil Jedi army led by Vader that hunted the Jedi down and killed them all.

9. Sidious-3

Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    I imagined that they were like, "Iron Man". And there were thousands of them and they all carried missle launching/machine gun/sub-nuclear warhead/grenade launching people that had crew-cuts and had that reel of ammo around thier body's, you know like in Rambo (I think)...

10. Darth_Manos

Darth_Manos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2005
    I always imagined that the Clone Wars were a series of wars bewteen two factions who were struggling against each other for domination of the Galaxy ( Empire ). Both sides were equally treacherous. The series of wars waxed and waned across the galaxy, slowly ebbing both sides of their power. The Jedi were caught in the middle, the lone bright hope of the galaxy. Trying to right the wrongs by banding together a small force of beings who would become the Rebellion.

But not until a fourth power quietly waiting in the wings would take advantage of the war of attrition that The Clone Wars had turned into. I didn't know the rule that there are only two sith allowed at any one time. So I envisioned an army of Sith Knights that swept onto the weakened combatants. As their methods became more well known, the rebellion grew in popularity. Most of the Sith and Jedi died off, leaving a turned Jedi named Darth Vader to hunt down and exterminate the last of the Jedi.

Or something like that.

And the Emperor was Anakins Father. Hence the circles were made complete. A huge familial internal conflict wreaking havoc on the galaxy.

Your mileage may vary...

11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Great topic. I was 10 at the time, and admittedly didn't think about it overly much. Don't think I even knew what a clone was.

Like most others, I thought it was a straightforward struggle, with the Jedi on the side of the Republic against the Emporer, ho is trying to take over. After reading the novelization of ROTJ, and learning that Palpatine was a former Senator, I assumed the clone wars were a rebellion led by him. In any case, it seemed obvious that the Jedi were on the losing end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.