main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars in the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Binary_Sunset, Mar 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Judging from the title alone, it looks like the Clone Wars are going to start in AOTC. Since I highly doubt that the Clone Wars will also end in AOTC, that means that at least part of the period between AOTC and E3 will consist of the Clone Wars.

Do you think that starting later this year there will be EU novels depicting the Clone Wars? I've always wanted to see (or at least read about) Obi-wan and Anakin fighting side-by-side in the Clone Wars. We could get some very cool EU novels in the next three years. :)

2. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    very cool novels. i cant wait. plus ive never read a preANH book. so it should be interesting

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Matthew Woodring Stover is rumoured to have been signed to write a prequel novel, due for release next year.

HOPEFULLY it will be a bridge novel between Episode II & III, and feature elements of the Clone Wars.

4. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    I think the clone wars will end in AotC, because GL needs a heroic and good ending, seeing as he's lost his touch.

5. Mrlssi

Mrlssi Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    i think it is just the beginings.

6. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I don't..... think that they will.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I think the clone wars will end in AotC

I see someone's not up-to-date on his AOTC spoilers.

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "he's lost his touch"

Nope, he hasn't... YOU lost your faith...

9. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Infiltrator:What are you saying.I don't check the spoilers but GL is noted for saying that AOTC will be dark.

I don't know where I heard this but Boba Fett is supposed to be a veteran of the Clone Wars.Maybe we'll read about him fighting in the wars.

10. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Some EU stories on the Clone War would be cool, if they don't load it with a lot of justifications for the errors in Heir of the Empire. If they start referencing some previous clone war or those other cloning planets or if characters start to have too many vowels in their names, I'm putting it down.

11. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    That's just our fan theories for previous wars *related* to cloning technology, not using actual clones. And Zahn's stuff was mostly dating errors...he was actually on the money with what the wars were about ( cloned soldiers. ) :p

I think that we'll see some cool novels that take place during the 2 years of the Clone Wars. For in-depth discussion on the Clone Wars and their relation to the EU, check out my thread on it, below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.