main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars information and Episode III spoiler news - *Contains Ep3 Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kadue, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    This thread is here as the one and only place where Episode III spoilers can be discussed here in this forum.

Since the Clone Wars project is designed to tie directly into both Attack of the Clones and Episode III, there's going to be information that will link to known spoilers, and shed new light on them.

Spoilers that are known can also play a part in guessing what will happen in some of the shows, and how the story could unfold.

Most of the Episode III discussion involving spoilers should be conducted in the Episode III (spoilers Allowed) forum, but for things related mainly to the cartoons themselves, please us this thread, and do not post spoilers in the rest of this forum, or action will be taken.

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Wehey I'm the first one to post in this thread! :) Is the Clone Wars cartoon only in America?

3. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

I'd like to know that myself. It would be a real shame for an international audience to miss out.

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I have no idea whether or not it'll be shown in other countries. It might end up being available for download from the Official Site, but there's no proof yet that it will be.

5. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Well i dont believe that has been said already by Lucasfilm, but i think because of the marketingreason it will be relaesed international.

And i do hope that they think of releasing it here in the Netherlands without Dutch voices.

6. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Will Durge and Commander Assajj Ventress appear in EpIII? I think they will meet their fate in the Dark Horse comics than in the cartoon. I wonder if Ventress is Mace Windu's Vapaad Form VI master?

A Sith Witch/Dark Jedi figure is mentioned so I think its Ventress. As for the Jedi Bounty Hunter, I was hoping for Mandalorians but it could be Durge. Also, will Aurra Sing have a role in the Clone Wars? Dark Horse is going to have an upcoming Aayla Secura vs Aurra Sing story that takes place during the war.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > Is the Clone Wars cartoon only in America?

Considering the length of the shorts, and the nature of the internet, one would expect that shortly after airing in the US, MPEGs will be widely available to anybody with an ounce of internet competancy.

I would also expect that we will not allow direct linking to bootlegged digital copies to them from theforce.net.

Hopefully LFL will realise the inevitable, and put Quicktime copies on the Official Site soon after they are broadcast.

8. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    It might end up being available for download from the Official Site, but there's no proof yet that it will be.

It will probably be on kazza just after it has been aired anyway.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think you'll see the whole series available online- it wouldn't make much sense since then people wouldn't tune into Cartoon Network to see the episodes, and CN would certainly like to benefit from this I'm sure.

They'll probably put the first episode up for download at the very least. I think the best case scenario you can hope for is they'll put up the episodes online with a delay of a couple months (ie: if you missed the first 8 episodes, catch-up online...).

Hopefully they'll reair episodes during Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block, and not just during Toonami or the day.

10. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    are they a full 30 minutes because i heard they might be shorts

11. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Right now, it looks like they're 2-3 minute shorts.

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I don't like spoilers. They ruin the film. ;)

13. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I wish they were 30 minute episodes.... :(

14. Avilos-Mot

Avilos-Mot Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    Just a thought. I have a feeling on the night that it starts, they might air more then one episode. It would be a good way to kick off the series. Also, it would be a good idea to every month or so to to air all of the episodes to that point in a marathon, during the weekends. This would allow people to keep up on the story. Notice too that the 2-3 minute length is a estimate, some could be longer than others.

15. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Good idea Kadue!

16. PhotoGuitarist

PhotoGuitarist Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    I would like to think that Cartoon Network & Lucasfilm will release them all on one DVD just before episode III comes out or sortly after.

17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I hope they'd be aired on Cartoon Network affiliates around the world. Having it on DVD would be nice as well.

18. OwenSkywalker3

OwenSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    We need to do a really good job, here at the boards and at TFN in general, of communicating episode airdates and times, so that we can have VCRs rolling...

Wood

19. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Well if they are 8 Minute Shorts You Can fit three inot a Half-hour slot with Commercials... At Least Two, Maybe Obi and ANi can spend the rest of the time critisizing Music Videos Beavis and Butthead Style...

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They'll be 2 or 3 minutes, not 8.

21. StitchExperiment626

StitchExperiment626 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2003
    Hi, there!

A few days ago, I loged on to The.Force.net
    and saw the news about "CLONE WARS". I can't
    wait. At the top of the page, it said "JEDI COUNCIL FORUMS", so I made an account and here I am!

22. peabody

peabody Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2001
    Welcome....

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Welcome to the forums ::)

24. StitchExperiment626

StitchExperiment626 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2003
    "Welcome...."

"Welcome to the forums ::)"

Thank you... I think I'm going to like it here! :)

25. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    This info comes from the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.

They have an article about the clone wars cartoon and they mention that Mace Windu will lose his lightsaber.

Now will he get it back or will he have to make a new one? And if he does not get it back will Mace have a new saber in Episode III.

Plus one more thing is this George Lucas's way of getting rid of the purple lightsaber and the whole blue + red = purlpe = Mace is a bad guy debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.