main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars - Is it canon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Plurimus, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plurimus

Plurimus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 1999
    Since GL actually watched the Clone Wars and gave his personal approval, would it be reasonable to consider the events of the cartoon as canon?

I don?t know who did the reckoning before, but an early list included: the movies, novelizations, and the radio recordings.

Given the strengths and limitations of each medium, each could contribute to bare essence of GL?s creation, as opposed to an acquired monetary franchise where companies simply make up the storyline with input from LFL (which isn?t necessarily GL).

Here?s something that impacts the SW universe depending on whether the cartoon is considered canon:

In Chapter 6, Asajj Ventress says she is Sith, not just an expert in lightsaber fighting. Are there suddenly more that just the master and apprentice, thus, breaking the so-called Rule of Two?

Didn't I just lock this party? In any case, I'm trying to avoid canon debates -- because then I'll have to come up with Forum rules, and that'll piss off ~50%-60% of the patrons of this Forum...

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Asajj is not a Sith, she only claims to be. Dooku will set this straight in the next chapter.

As for Canon, EU and canon are the same, it all happens in the Star Wars universe. Only when they contradict each other is when canon takes priority.

A thread like this was locked a few days ago, my feelings tell me this will suffer the same fate as Alderaan.

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Canon? Did someone say canon??

!snap

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    *BOOM* (!!)

Goes the canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.