main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI CLONE WARS kick-off Shindig!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Hello fanforce. Well the majority of us that participated at the Vader outing were talking about haveing a clone wars season 2 party at my place this Friday. And I talked to my mom and she said that would be all right. I'm not totally sure about the time, but everyone should be at my house before it starts. We can snack, talk, and then go watch the episode. Also Eric, I hear that you have the first episodes on DVD, so if your interested in coming if you could bring that that would be great. That way we could watch the previous ones, and then catch the newest at seven (are they at seven still?) So yes, it will happen but I still have to work out the minor details with my folks. And yes, I am entitling it a shindig....I had to. Well I hope to see you all there, but either way it will still happen. I'll make up some directions to my place as well that I will post here later in the week. Talk to you all later.

Forcebewitya!

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Dude, sounds sweet!

Wish I could make it though... Forgot that my grandfather's b-day is this Saturday and I'll be at my parents in preparation for it on Friday. =\

Have fun with this! Let me know how it goes afterwards!

3. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    If Kelly and Megan are over that cold, I'll bring them with me, but if they aren't, it will just be me. What would you need me to bring?

I know we talked about waiting until they showed the episodes back to back, otherwise it would be a very short shindig. Your plans, so you say when and where.

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, I'll say that we will still have another one when they show them all back to back. Like I told Rick in an email, I just decided to do this becuase my parents said it would be all right, and I was going to have people over that night to watch it anyway (more like force them to watch it before we played games). So yes the finalle showing of the second season we should definitly have another shindig then. But yes, anyone who wants to come on Friday is welcome.

Forcebewitya!

5. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hello everyone, well today is Wednesday, and I will be spending the night at my grandmothers house tomorrow so I am going to post all the needed information here, for directions and such. I'm not sure who all is going to come from the Fan Force, but I know that some of my friends are coming. I also just found out that they are going to be showing the first ten episodes starting at seven. They're going to show five then the last five again at eight and then after that at I think 9:30 they're going to show the new one. So I guess it works out this way. And in between episodes I can show you guys my collection, maybe watch a part of Episode I or II, I donno we'll think of something. So here are the directions.

All right. I assume that most everyone knows where Buckeye road is so I'll go from there. You head down one of those roads towards Cottage grove (the town) You will pass over a bridge and directly after the bridge you will see the neighborhood Richmond Hills. You turn in by either enterance. If your coming from Buckeye you follow the road down to the second to last street that is called Vienna lane, then once you have turned left onto Vienna lane you will see my house its a big white house and it's the third house on the left of Vienna lane. The actuall adress is on Vienna Circle and my number is 1 yes just 1. So you can turn around in the circle and park along the curb. So thats pretty much it. If anyone needs more specific directions give me a call on my cell phone the number is 695-0710. Thanks, again and feel free to call with any other questions. If you want to get here at around 6:30-6:45 that would leave plenty of time to get situated for the 7:00 showtime. hope to see you guys there.

Forcebewitya!

6. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK guys! Those who didn't go to this missed some fun!

And missed seeing a great Star Wars collection! Yeah, Brent has a huge collection. More than I imagined.
    Also they showed a massive collection on TV that had everyone envious.
    I don't collect anything really, but after seeing all of what I did tonight, I wish I had started long ago.

I think we will have to get together again at the end of the Clone Wars episodes. That is if Brent is allowed to let us in his home again.
    By the way, VERY impressive house, Brent. Kelly wanted to move in.

Thanks for hosting the shindig, Brent. :cool:

7. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Damn I knew I should have stopped by here.
    Wish I had known would have been more fun then what I did.
    Maybe next time

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I think we will have to get together again at the end of the Clone Wars episodes. That is if Brent is allowed to let us in his home again.

oh of course! that was awesome, and if we can get John, Ryan and Eric out sometime maybe for the next one that would be all the more fun. So yes we gotta do it again for the conclusion of season 2, and that way Ryan at least you will get a chance to come over and you too John. So don't worry I'm going to be doing it again at the conclusion of the clone wars, and probably again for the DVD release this september (5.1 surround sound yay!). Oh! and next time we NEED to play Star Wars trivia it is a must now that I think about it. You see I never get to play it because my family is afraid to play me :\ so study up guys! that'll give us something to do during the commercials and when that ANNOYING guy is rambling...ugh...So yes I thought the night went well and we will indeed do it again I just need to find out when they're going to air all of 'em again.

Thank you for your compliments on my collection and house as well :D I may be young but as you see 99% of my income goes towards star wars, and Birthdays etc... But that was fun and you guys are welcome to come by anytime just give me a call. Well I must go to bed, I've been running on caffine all day because I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and it is now....2:30 am. Talk to you all later,

Forcebewitya!

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    As long as I'm free I'll be there
    the last couple weeks have been tiring with work.

10. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    The finale is this week isn't it.

11. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I believe it is. I'll have to check my guide to see. However I dont know if I'll be able to have a party this week if it is, so I hope its next week or something.

Forcebewitya!

12. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    sounds like someone will have to record the finale for a party later on.

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    It looks as if Episode 20 is on a Thursday anyway
    Though episodes 11-20 will be on Friday and all 20 will be on Saturday

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    All twenty on saturday eh? hmmm, well that could possibly work then if you guys wanted to come over. Just keep what I have said in the back of your mind and if its a go I will be sure to post asap. I just cant have everyone over tonight because I just had my birthday party last night so my mom wont want people over again tonight. I'll update you as soon as I know.

Forcebewitya!

15. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hello again. As far as the possible get together tomorrow night, I dont think that it is going to work out. One, it's way to short of notice, and seeing that no one has posted here most of you might not have even seen this. Also my family and I, I think are going to celebrate my birthday tomorrow just going out to eat, and then opening some gifts or something (while watching the clone wars of course) (by the way WAS NOT GREVIOUS FREAKEN AWESOME!?!?!). Yeah and aside from that I've been running around with friends and such a lot and just need a break. So sorry guys, and if they ever show 'em again I PROMISE you that if I am here in Madison I will host another shindig, and if that fails well there is always the DVD which will have better sound and video quality anyway. So talk to you all later.

Forcebewitya!

16. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I saw it the ending was good, could have been better.

When the DVD's come out we will have to get together

17. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    indeed.

Forcebewitya!

18. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I do have the episodes recorded on VHS. If I had a DVD burner, editing software and all of the episodes downloaded, I would make a DVD, but I don't.

But if you want to watch them using my tape, we could have the party earlier than when the DVD comes out.

Might have to fast forward through some extra stuff between episodes. I wasn't home to edit that stuff out (record-stop-record-stop....etc.). I had it set on a timer to start so I didn't miss any of them, which turned out to be a good idea, since I didn't get home until 20 minutes after they started.

So, the choice is yours Brent. Of course, DVD would be better quality, but what the heck. I'll end up buying the DVD when it comes out too.

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    don't mater to me

20. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    So, the choice is yours Brent. Of course, DVD would be better quality, but what the heck. I'll end up buying the DVD when it comes out too.

Well, I did tape them myself as well. The thing is, that I dont have a VHS player in the basement, I guess we could watch them upstairs and congregate, but it still might not be for awhile. I'm going to be busy now for the next couple of weeks I have to go to my friends moms wedding and then prom...and other things as well, but after that I'll post here again, and see whats happening.

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.