main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars lightsaber goof up???

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by pstamato75, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pstamato75

pstamato75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Please close and redirect if needed, but did anyone else notice the way Obi-Wan's saber hangs on his belt? It seems to be attached like the sabers in the OT. Didn't have that PT covertech clip that keeps them up higher on the belt.
    Kinda weird considering the pic(s)(new cover of the insider) released for episode III show obi-wan with the saber up high like the previous two movies.

2. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I thought you were going to say that the saber looks like his PT saber which he has lost now twice. I was expecting his saber to be the OT Ben saber, however this apparently is not the case.

Then again, on the cover of the new Insider which hasn't come out yet he's got a saber that looks exactly like Luke's ROTJ saber, so who knows.

!snap

3. pstamato75

Sep 26, 2001
    As a matter of fact, the saber Obi's got on the cover is his saber from ANH, just in pristine condition, and the very, very annoying fact that it has that silly clip. I don't know why, but that is one of my main gripes with the PT. Darn those covertech clips!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/11/news20031105_1.html

edited for spelling

4. pstamato75

Sep 26, 2001
    Anyone else care to venture a guess?

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    well the only thing I noticed about his saber was that in Episode II (CW that is) it looked really fat and dumb. That is all.

Forcebewitya!

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Maybe he has (at least) two different belts in his wardrobe. One clips the saber high, one clips it low?

7. pstamato75

Sep 26, 2001
    I dont want to this to turn into a "what I didn't like about the prequels" thread(because I think they are very good so far), but since tpm I don't understand for the life of me why they would change, what I belive is a very noticable thang. Anyhoo, it did look pretty darn cool in episode 1(clone wars cartoon) to see the old style low-slung saber. Kinda like an old west cowboy thing is the way I had always looked at them since I was a little dork running around the playground at school wiff my esb lunch box. which I am proud to say I still have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.