main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Clone Wars midnight premiere- Aug14th- Edwards Marq*E

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by TI1420, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Edwards Marq*E Theater at I-10 and Silber road is having a midnight premiere of the Clone Wars the evening of August 14th. The 501st, Rebel Legion, and R2 builders will be on hand for pictures and Star Wars ambiance.

Please join us for the fun!

2. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    This is interesting to know. I was unaware that any of the R2 builders in Houston had been invited to a premiere of the Clone Wars Movie. I guess I need to make sure that my R6-D1 is fully operational for that. I'll also be sure to check with Monty, Joe and Doug and Sam to be sure that they are aware of this and can attend.

Dan S.
    Houston R6 Builder

3. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Sam has talked to or emailed the R2 group. Hope you guys can make it!

4. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Ruban,You must be there. We need a bikerscout sighting.

David

5. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I will be there.

6. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    We look to have a large 501st pressence up there. Bring your cameras.

David

7. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I bought my midnight showing ticket today for Clone Wars at Edwards.

8. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I forgot to add this to the original post ... the ticket I got is for screen 11

9. HANs_BAR_TAB

HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Oct 1, 2007
    I will be there if all goes to plan. I trust everyone is in good form and all is well.

Yup!.....Not to be confused with screen 1-1-3-8.

10. daSnarf

daSnarf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2007
    I picked up my ticket for the midnight show up here in the Woodlands =)

11. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Does anyone know if those showings are for the IMAX or just the regular screen?

12. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Going by Fandango's website, it does not look like there will be a midnight IMAX showing for Clone Wars (at Edwards) as there is a 10:20PM IMAX showing of The Dark Knight on the 14th.

So in other words ... Clone Wars will be shown on a regular screen.

13. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Clone Wars is not in the appropriate format to be shown in Imax. Imax film is much larger and Imax projectors are as different from regular film projectors as private planes are from the space shuttle.

Space Center digitally projected Clone Wars on their Imax screen for last night's VIP preview, but it didn't take up but about 1/4 of the screen's surface.

I could go on and on between the differences between regular and Imax theaters & their operation, but I will digress. :) Suffice to say that I did not expect to see Clone Wars in Imax and am not surpised Clone Wars is running on a regular screen.

The 501st will hit the floor about 10pm for the Midnight premiere show... be sure to introduce yourself as a FanForce member!

14. HANs_BAR_TAB

HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Oct 1, 2007
    See you guys there tonight Ian. Let's witness just how well Anakin lives up to Obi-Wan's statement on him of "the best starfighter in the galaxy...and also a good friend."

15. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I'll be there between 9 & 9:30PM tonight ... I'm pretty close to that theatre. I'm just debating on showing up in full costume or changing there.

Either way ... see you all out there tonight.

16. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Just wanted to say I had a great time last night / this morning.

17. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    The good times were totally worth being so sleepy today!

Good to see you there, Danpa and Hans!!

18. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Anyone care to comment on the movie? I've read some pretty harsh reviews.

I'm seeing it with my son on Saturday night.

19. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I thought it was pretty good ... I liked the plot and the fighting / saber duel scenes.

The only things I didn't like (but they are very minor things) were the way they made Count Dooku look, he looked too much like a conehead (IMO) and some of the dialoge with Skywalker and the new character (can't remember her name) was really bad ... examples: "skyguy", "stinky", etc.

Other than that I thought it was pretty good.

20. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Hey Erik

My 8 and 6 year olds loved it. They both gave it 5/5 stars. I liked the new character, Ashoka. They did have to force her in a bit, but on the other hand I'm sure it's hard to introduce a major new character and I think they did ok. Not everything worked. My daughter really liked her, though.

My boy loved the long, frequent battle scenes.

It's better than the reviews it's getting. Fortunately, I was expecting it to be really bad so it exceeded my expectations.

Once I let go of how horrible certain things looked (beards and Yoda made me want to look away) and stopped trying to somehow make the mouths match the words I started enjoying it.

There were lots of star warsy people there. When I go to these things and see these kinds of people I always want to hand out flyers or something.

21. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I liked it more then I thought I would. Very kid friendly but still done well enough for adults to enjoy.

Great troop at the theater. Good to see you Dana and Hans and Dan. Fun as always.

David

22. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Thanks for the replies.

I expected it to suck, but it wasn't really that bad. It was fun, and my son liked it (that's all that really matters). I guess knowing that this was a kids movie helped me lower my expectations too.

So now I'm kinda looking forward to the TV show.

23. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Jedi Barnes (Jedi with clone armor in the pics) posted some pics of our evening at Edwards here.

24. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005

Those are great.

25. HANs_BAR_TAB

HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Oct 1, 2007
    I went in with the mindset that I pray to God it wasn't AOTC stale with only the fight scenes to prop it up and looking forward to Lucas putting out a steriod version of those Clone Wars cartoon short takes we got on cable a year or so ago.
    I was pleasantly surprised at every level! Very solid combat scenes as the movie really did live up to its title and there was finally a sense of what battles Obi-Wan and Anakin went through together. Ie what made Obi-Wan think back to those times with that look on his face when he is first able to discuss with Luke where he comes from. Y'all know what I'm talkin' about and that look on Obi-Wan always captivated my imagination on just WHAT THE CLONE WARS must have been like for the Jedi back in the day. It was like Obi-Wan remembered them fondly...I guess cuz it really was all before the Dark Times. Before he lost his padawan, his failed promise to Qui-Gon.

The bad was the "skyguy" line over and over and of course the baby Hutt which was kinda a buzz kill cuz that was too "Jar-Jar/Lucas marketing to a new generation of younglings again to make even more money" crap! Anakin on the Droid speeder going up the temple face and Anakin as a pilot again did enough to bandaid those other cheese moments.

Yet the true test will be when I take my boys to see it this weekend. I really enjoyed seeing everyone out and I have some tremendous video of "Red" rolling around in the main lobby with Ian prepared to blast it as "it is the droids he was looking for". Ha ha I keed!

Can we upload video content to this site???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.