main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Clone Wars Movie August 2008

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_MacDuff, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Today I went to the Paladium Theatre here in High Point and introduced myself on behalf of the SFF and told them about us. I asked 1) if Clone Wars was coming to that theatre, probably the biggest and nicest in High Point and 2) if they would like for us to make an appearance there. I told him that we were a non-profit orginazation, just a bunch of Star Wars fans that have put together some really nice costumes together. As of right now, he thinks that the movie is coming there and that they would love to have us. I got his card and I am supposed to either call back tomorrow or go back up there. I know we had said something about going to one of the local theatres and do a troop and I thought I would break the ice, I seem to be good at that here lately [face_laugh] , and let them know about us. The seed has been planted, so what say you? I sound like Aragon from "Lord of the The Rings"! [face_laugh] May The Fellowship of the Force be with us!

2. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE INITIATIVE AGAIN! I would love to do this so count me in (My family as well).

3. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Im in if i am not working. A date asap would be great.

4. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I went back today and the GM had left 5 mins earlier. He should be there most of the day on Saturday, so I am going to go back up there. I might see if I can get the resident geek, aka my Padame, aka Elane, to to make me up some makeshift "business" cards. She is good at designing stuff like that.

5. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    After I got off work, I call the GM of the theatre and he was very very excited about the prospect of us showing up. He would like to schedule a face to face sit down and I told him that I would talk to the group and see if we can't get one of the other members to come. I was going to see if we could bring along some of the props and or costumes that we currently have. He says that one of his managers is a huge Star Wars fan and even has a room set up just for his stuff at home. I got a feeling that this is going to be a blast! I am going to have to work on Darth's grills in the helmet.

6. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Let me know what I need to do to help out!

7. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    Let me know too

8. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    We just need to see what would be a good day for us to meet with him. He said he is usually there on Saturdays. It is easy to find the theatre here in The Outer Rim, umm.... I mean High Point. I will talk to him and see what would be a good day for us to meet. I am getting excited about this.

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah - let me know what saturday to come out there (Could be a Sunday as well). May be off into the out regions (The north) at end of the month though...

10. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Another place I thought of that could be fun is the Albemarle Badin Rd drive-in [ http://badinroaddrivein.com/ ]. We have gone there for many years and it's always a good time. Imagie a bunch of SW geeks in costume showing up for the movie (Which may be there opening day or after a couple of weeks - always depends). Imagine standing in line for popcorn and looking to your right or left and seeing troopers or vader in line with you. They have a great playground up front and family atmosphere. Maybe even the Charlotte fan force group and the 501st could go along who knows? We could call it a meet and greet of star wars fans - some in costume but some not!

Maybe just a pipe dream but hey - you never know. I saw Star Wars (Before it was known as A New Hope) in a drive in for the first time in 1977 in NY when I was 7. One of my favorite movie outings. The kids all played SW before and after the movie while waiting to get out of the parking lot.

What do you think?

11. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    That would be cool!!!

12. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    That sounds like fun! Hey, Rip! Do me a favor. Quit telling me that you were only 7 when you saw Star Wars for the first time. :eek: I was a Junior in High School! [face_laugh]

13. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Ok old Sith Lord - I won't tell you I was 7 when i saw Star Wars for the first time or that I was like in the first grade. No, I won't mention that because then you would feel REALLY OLD. LOL.

14. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    if it makes you feel better i was not even born lol.

15. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Thanks a lot! [face_laugh]

16. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    What I thought we might do is wait till after the Fourth and schedule a meeting with the GM at the Paladium one Saturday and bring a couple of our props to show him and maybe one our fliers. You guys want to we could even do the lunch thing. This is a mess of places to eat right near there; Ham's. McAlister's, Moe's, McDonalds, Buffalo Wild Wings, the J&S Cafeteria and others. What do you guys think?

17. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    Sound good i am off the weekend after the forth i think. Just let me know.

18. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    We will make it happen! THANKS PAUL!

19. matthewuzimake

matthewuzimake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2008
    i am game for this

20. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Cool. You guys give me a date and we will see about going from there. As far as I know I am going to be free next weekend. Padame, aka Elane, is travelling again and is currently in Columbus, Ohio and will not be able to come home next weekend, so that means "I AM FREE!" [face_laugh]. Still miss her though. :_| Let me know. I am going to call him this week and see what would good for him.

21. Magic_Vader_83

Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 27, 2007
    Would the clone costumes be ready for this or no? From what I have read they are still being molded. I might be able to throw my jedi costume together for this so I'll keep my eyes on this post to see the details. WOuld love to do this as well. The only costume I would have would be a jedi with no robe tho. And thats if I can find a decent sash as Mine is too small.

22. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    From what I have heard, even though this is a Clone Wars movie, it is still a Star Wars movie and we would go as some of the main characters from the series. So, more than likely Darth, the Stormies, Leia, the Tusken will all be welcome.

23. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Paul,

This weekend is good for me - either to go w/ you for the meetup or to Pull some stuff for you. Let me know (Oh - yeah - the price of the figures I picked up for you from Wallyworld is $28.31 - pay me when you get a chance - just glad to get you the figs you were missing).

Magic - The clone sculps/molds are ALL roughed out now. I have to do the labor intensive task of sanding and adding details to them. I am also hoping to customize additional parts for a CODY I want to do. My molds will lend themselves to EP II or III since I have helmets for both. Hope to try first pulls soon.

24. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Might ought to take the opportunity to do an armor pull since the wife won't be home this weekend. The Paladium ain't that from from my house after all. I have not been able to contact the GM yet. I was thinking of seeing about scheduling something for the 19th if at all possible. We will go from there.

25. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I called Steve Sherwood, the GM here at the Paladium in High Point, and talked to him today about a get together and Saturdays are going to be a hit or miss with him. It is definately off for next Saturday as that is the weekend premier of The Dark Knight. I suggested the following Saturday 07/19/2008. Might have to be early so we can catch him. We are having a get togther of our own this weekend, we can discuss it then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.